Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Poor performance since maintenance update

oregonrob
oregonrob
✭✭✭
Since the December 15th maintenance update, my performance has been poor, but has gotten worse during the New Life Festival. In Betnikh, I cannot go more than 15 seconds without having a load screen pop up. I have to wait up to 10 seconds for the NPCs and other players to appear on the screen and many times they appear as shadows. Today, I was doing the performance quest for NLF in Stormhaven, and the while I got credit for the quest, the animation never appeared. I have checked my line speed and had a technician come out from my internet provider a couple of days ago and it checks out fine. I have disabled my anti-virus software and the problem remains. My latency is tracking at 13.2 MS and my download speed is 46 megs. I am not experiencing this problem with any other games that I play.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 31, 2021 12:29AM
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me since November.

Whats weird is its exactly like the same problem on Console back in 2016.

Even some of the structures have to load in with the NPC's.
  • Fholgus
    Fholgus
    Soul Shriven
    Almost the same here, performance dropped after the holiday. I wasn't able to walk a few steps without getting a loading screen.
    I reinstalled the game and now it crashes every 5min or so (with no error log)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Performance issues in ESO can be caused by different things as PC setups will vary from player to player. We recommend anyone suffering performance issues to go through our basic troubleshooting listed here. If you've gone through these steps and your performance issues continue, you should then go ahead and open a ticket with customer support. In your ticket make sure to include a game consultant report so our support team can look over your PC specifications.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post