The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Curated loot

ajkb78
ajkb78
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we have a toggle so you can select either curated loot drops or the old completely random drops please? Sometimes the new system is great but it's a colossal pain when trying to farm 2 purple or gold rings, as the second won't stop until you've had literally every other drop from the content. Plus if you already have an item it's impossible for you to help a friend farm it (again, until you've completed the sticker book for that content). It would be great to be able to switch between the two drop mechanics.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree it would be a nice quality of life to have *both* options.

If we have to choose just one though the curated is superior in my opinion. Outside of the one specific item type of 'ring' it works fabulously.

Always loot chests though. They're uncurated, and I still often get jewelry from chests.
    PC NA
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's great for grinding a drop for yourself, but one of the nicest things about an mmo is helping other players and if I have (say) a medusa inferno staff, currently I'm completely unable to help anyone else farm for it. At least if I could choose random drops I could help them with the usual 1 in 36 or whatever it was drop chance.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are farming rings, make sure you aren't solo so it doesn't auto bind. Put ring in bank, then take out of bank on another toon before timer runs out. Don't log in on that toon until you've gotten what you want.

I know some people who have done this with desirable weapon drops so they can print them for their friends.