The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Thrill of the Hunt not triggering on kills

Lalocat
Lalocat
✭✭✭
It's a champion passive in the Fitness tree. The text for this says "Whenever you kill an enemy you gain Major Expedition for 3 seconds per stage, increasing your Movement Speed by 30%." I put in 50 points and put it on my bar and... it's not that it NEVER works, every 50 kills or so the effect will pop, but that is really not what I expected from the description. What's wrong with it? Is it only me? Tried doing a search and can't find anyone with the same problem.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lalocat wrote: »
    It's a champion passive in the Fitness tree. The text for this says "Whenever you kill an enemy you gain Major Expedition for 3 seconds per stage, increasing your Movement Speed by 30%." I put in 50 points and put it on my bar and... it's not that it NEVER works, every 50 kills or so the effect will pop, but that is really not what I expected from the description. What's wrong with it? Is it only me? Tried doing a search and can't find anyone with the same problem.
    Recently, there has indeed been a few reports of players having issues with certain types of *speed* procs/buffs not working properly anymore. ( like this one: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/590247/nights-silence-5-piece-bonus-no-longer-works , for example )

However, i've never tried that particular 'Thrill of the Hunt' passive myself yet. So , a couple questions if you have a sec:
    1. Are you running any 3rd-party 'game mods' or 'add-ons' ?
    2. Are you playing ESO on PC or console?
    3. Does your character have any OTHER types of 'speed' enhancements at all? (either from armor-set or food/drink or whatever)
    4. Is it possible some of the enemies you're fighting/testing against are placing any DEBUFFS (snares) on your character at the same time?
  • Lalocat
    Lalocat
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, figured it out. First, the visual effect is bugged and very rarely appears. Second, it triggers on the first kill and doesn't refresh on further kills so it's gone by the time the fight is over.
  • Lalocat
    Lalocat
    ✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    However, i've never tried that particular 'Thrill of the Hunt' passive myself yet. So , a couple questions if you have a sec:
    3. Does your character have any OTHER types of 'speed' enhancements at all? (either from armor-set or food/drink or whatever)
    4. Is it possible some of the enemies you're fighting/testing against are placing any DEBUFFS (snares) on your character at the same time?

1. About 20. Do you think that could be why the visual effect doesn't show up the great majority of the time? Like it feels like less than 1% of kills that I see the lines that mean it's working. I can see it in the buff list if I open the character screen but no white speed lines and also... don't FEEL faster.
    2. PC
    3. Nah. But if I use a skill to give the same buff (Major Expedition), the visual shows up 100% of the time. Also it feels like I'm going faster, unlike with Thrill of the Hunt. I use Channeled Acceleration a lot on another character that doesn't have this unlocked and really notice the difference, this just doesn't seem to do anything but briefly show itself in my character screen buff list.
    4. Visual for snares seems to be working too so I know why I'm slow if that happens.

• NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lalocat wrote: »
    NeeScrolls wrote: »

1. About 20. Do you think that could be why the visual effect doesn't show up the great majority of the time? Like it feels like less than 1% of kills that I see the lines that mean it's working. I can see it in the buff list if I open the character screen but no white speed lines and also... don't FEEL faster.
    2. PC
    3. Nah. But if I use a skill to give the same buff (Major Expedition), the visual shows up 100% of the time. Also it feels like I'm going faster, unlike with Thrill of the Hunt. I use Channeled Acceleration a lot on another character that doesn't have this unlocked and really notice the difference, this just doesn't seem to do anything but briefly show itself in my character screen buff list.
    4. Visual for snares seems to be working too so I know why I'm slow if that happens.
    Excellent details & info , and thanks for replying @Lalocat , cuz i'm sure the @ZOS_ devs will see this thread eventually. (they see every thread, even if it doesn't seem like they do lol ) .

And as to your #1 reply & question: 20 add-ons is quite a lot , so it's certainly possible 1 of them conflicts/interferes somehow. Of course, i'm someone who has never used ANY add-ons nor game-mods, ever , so i'm not exactly familiar with them. :D . I do notice many players who report bugs tend to also have add-ons that end up causing issues.

But anyways, your intel & testing sounds really solid to me regardless. Hopefully, once the holidays are over and 2022 business days begin, Zenimax will start acknowledging some of these bugs within this forum section.

Edited by NeeScrolls on December 30, 2021 8:30AM
  • Lalocat
    Lalocat
    ✭✭✭
    Half of the mods are just for showing information about alts. Recipes, research, etc.

I went ahead and tried disabling all of them. First enemy killed: buff worked! And then I lost count how many I killed before it worked again.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use thrill of the hunt. Works for me.