Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Frost Spells

Shanhaevel
Hi mates ;)

Some time ago ive wiped some dust from my old Elder Scrolls saves( older than morrowing wont run on my new pc somehow :( ) and im now thinking "where are frost spells". Ok we have some "frost" attacks from destruction staff skilline and enchants (well i would not consider this as spell ;] ) but what about pure ice spells like in other Elder Scroll games? Meaby its saved for expansion with new class or world skills or something else idk. I love ice spells and it would be be great if pure ice spells came to ESO. What do you guys think ?
  • epictrollheals513
    That would be awesome, have to agree there are a few spells that do frost damage but no real frost spells. They would be pretty fun to have. Im sure they will have something when they release an expansion, or sooner
  • Shanhaevel
    Any more comments ?;] it would be nice to read opinions from more people
  • Aedh
    Aedh
    ✭✭✭
    There was some talk about it on the Tamriel Foundry forums (a topic about new classes / new skill lines ideas), and a lot of people wish to see frost spells.

Bottom line is, I would love to see a new skill tree focused on frost spells, either for the Nightblade or the Sorceror :)
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue with frost spells is that they're only useful for PvP.

In PvE more damage will always trump an added snare on a spell.

You look at destro staff and everybody uses fire staves because fire clench is so much better than the others, and their AoE does more damage.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    If I were to guess... and this is only a guess. I would say they would work really well with a Necromancer line. Maybe something to do with the Druegar, there is several options for skill lines with Ice so I see it as they had something specific in mind for later.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A necromancer is definitively the obvious line for ice magic
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Vangrave
    Vangrave
    Maybe cold magic hasn't been invented yet? They certainly haven't invented stuff like fireballs that turn you invisible when you cast them, haha...

Anyway, If cold spells come in the form of a necromancer they should bring it out with an area or instance or whatever where you fight sload. They were supposed to be super necromancers, I believe.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, if a necromancer or lich skill line is ever added, frost spells will most likely be found there, and
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    Crescent wrote: »
    The issue with frost spells is that they're only useful for PvP.

In PvE more damage will always trump an added snare on a spell.

You look at destro staff and everybody uses fire staves because fire clench is so much better than the others, and their AoE does more damage.

Since kiting isn't a major element in PVE/ESO I'd agree 'cept I use fire staff because the attack/click response is just hideous with the other options. @crescent

• knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    lol I am still playing the first elder scrolls so much fun .cant wait for the thief class hopefully,
  • Shanhaevel
    well necromany and ice spells...... black ice spells ?;]
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some cool Ice spells, but so far only NPCs can cast them..
    Cryomancers all across Tamriel have:
    - Blizzard (insane damage and root - if it doesn't kill you in 1 shot - although kind of slow projectile.. well most mobs don't run from AoE anyways)
    - Wall of Ice (protects them from that direction, as you target the high HP wall instead of caster behind it, while cryomancer can still smite your ass from behind it)
    - Frost Atronachs (those are currently too OP to even dream of having one as pet)

let's just hope frost spells make a comeback if they ever choose to create more classes. Also missing Alteration (why throw a dagger if you can levitate a bunch of battleaxes?) and Mysticism and such :D