The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fossilize is still bugged?

Vizirith
Vizirith
✭✭✭✭
It's been 3 months jfc guys
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    If by bugged, you mean ignores CC immunity... then yes. (Yay Cyro lag and desync!)

As far as the post immovability pot etc. issues, I'm not sure. I haven't noticed it on my DKs in quite some time myself. I cannot speak for others. Game seems to play differently for everyone, aside from the common overall performance issues.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using it reliably for quite some time, but couldn't confirm whether it's fixed or not. I know the bug specifically requires you to be targeting someone who pops an immovable potion making it so once the effect ends Fossilize is still greyed out.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I've been using it reliably for quite some time, but couldn't confirm whether it's fixed or not. I know the bug specifically requires you to be targeting someone who pops an immovable potion making it so once the effect ends Fossilize is still greyed out.

Yeah, that bug still exists and is the problem. It’s been known for 4 months now.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, its Still bugged. Set your target off-balance with talons and heavy attack, there's your stun! Its better than fossilize imo since you can heavy attack into a powerlash, and you dont have to waste a GCD for a stun. Thats what stamblades have done for years.
    Edited by angelofdeath333 on December 29, 2021 4:22PM
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, its Still bugged. Set your target off-balance with talons and heavy attack, there's your stun! Its better than fossilize imo since you can heavy attack into a powerlash, and you dont have to waste a GCD for a stun. Thats what stamblades have done for years.

Would be nice if they decided to fix bugs instead of making them, but clearly that's not the goal.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm this still happens randomly in Cyro, unable to use Fossilize on a non-cc-immune target. Tested the immovable pot and escapist poison hypothesis in duels at my house, neither had any effect on Fossilize in that environment.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »

Would be nice if they decided to fix bugs instead of making them, but clearly that's not the goal.

New bugs with every patch is just the norm now, unfortunatly...got to find ways to work around them. You can also set them off-balance with deep breath, lol..
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To set enemy off balanced You need to use talons with succesfull immobilize followed by whip and hope that enemy wont use roll dodge. In many cases that method will be very unreliable. Talons+heavy attack do nothing without whip in the middle.
    Edited by axi on December 30, 2021 10:01AM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New bugs with every patch is just the norm now, unfortunatly...got to find ways to work around them. You can also set them off-balance with deep breath, lol..

Deep breath sets enemies off balance only if You interrupt casting/chanelling.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »

To set enemy off balanced You need to use talons with succesfull immobilize followed by whip and hope that enemy wont use roll dodge. In many cases that method will be very unreliable. Talons+heavy attack do nothing without whip in the middle.

Well, thats not what i Said. I Said that you can heavy Attack into a powerlash. Talons->whip->heavy/stun->powerlash. Didnt know i had to explain every step from a talons to a powerlash...
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »

Deep breath sets enemies off balance only if You interrupt casting/chanelling.

I am just trying to help out here. I assume that youre able to Read skill-descriptions...