The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Floors and walls moving out of alignment

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been working on my first build from scratch structure, a castle. I spent a few hours aligning everything up and it was looking pretty good. I even installed EHT to help with the alignment. But when I logged in today a couple of floors and walls and stairs were noticeably askew. So I spent another hour tweaking these back into alignment again.

This has happened with furnishings in my other homes a few times before but nothing to this degree. It's very frustrating.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?
PCNA
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:07PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of these items were linked, but some of the furnishings in the other houses this happened in were.
    PCNA
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately it's an old bug with linking that has never been fixed. For me it most notably occurs when moving then 'undoing' linked furnishings, which causes them to go increasingly askew from eachother the more you do it.

The safest bet for avoiding it is to unlink your walls and floors once you're happy with their positioning or not using the undo command when dealing with them as grouped furnishings.

Oooh that never occurred to me!! Now I get it, thanks for the heads up!! <3
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It keeps happening and some guildies said they had the same problem when they had EHT installed, so I uninstalled it. It wasn't very user friendly and I couldn't get it to do most of the things the tutorial showed it doing anyway.

Hopefully when I log on again later my floors and walls will be where I left them.
    PCNA
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It keeps happening and some guildies said they had the same problem when they had EHT installed, so I uninstalled it. It wasn't very user friendly and I couldn't get it to do most of the things the tutorial showed it doing anyway.

Hopefully when I log on again later my floors and walls will be where I left them.

Let us know if it does the trick although from the forum, it seems a little random when it happens, so you may be fine for five logins, and then it happens again, I stopped trying to use any fancy functions whatsoever, it's alot of work, but mah things stay where I put em.... Unless I got drunk, then they seem oddly wonky when I wake up! But I don't think I can blame anyone else for that :D
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It did it again so EHT may not be the culprit after all. It's getting very frustrating. I can't decorate until the walls and floors stop moving.

I am tempted to pull the whole thing up and start over. It won't take any more time than spending an hour or two every day lining things up again has and maybe it will fix it.
    Edited by SilverBride on December 30, 2021 5:19AM
    PCNA