The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very often the game stops for a few seconds

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
Especially when the character has just loaded, but very often even while using the crafting stations. I have noticed that the jewelry station ALWAYS stops the game for a few seconds when accessed. In addition, other "syncopes" occur when you talk to your merchant or bank, and very much when you open the packages given by the crafting daily writs. The game stops, everything appears stuck and the Windows "working in progress" symbol appears on the screen. A few seconds and then the game unfreezes and returns to normal, until next time. This anomaly occurred after the last update (introduction of the Deadlands in the game)
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Rishikesa108

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting in the link below?

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Rishikesa108

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting in the link below?

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?

These advices are for a game-crashing. In any case I've done everything.
    1)latest graphic card drivers installed
    2)Windows always updated
    3)game's graphic set for my video card
    4)game's repair tried
    5)add-ons off tried
    But the problem i'd like to focus is not a game-crashing. It's a sort of freeze that often occurs
    Edited by Rishikesa108 on December 17, 2021 4:44AM
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Rishikesa108

Game freezes and crashing are often related. Another step that may help is deleting these two settings files to ensure ESO is at it's default settings. To do so, follow the instructions below:
    1. Open up the Documents folder on your computer.
    2. Open the Elder Scrolls Online folder, then open the Live folder.
    3. Find the ShaderCache and UserSettings files.
    4. Create copies of each file, then delete the originals.
    5. Close everything and start ESO again.

NOTE: This will reset all in-game settings to their defaults. Please take a moment when you next log in to review the settings for the game.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post