Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leader board scoring is BS

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
It's so hard to maintain a decent position when it takes near on 20-30 mins some times to get in a match..this needs speeding up..just get rid if mmr already
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It speaks more to the number of players queueing for BGs. That is the real issue when queues like that take longer.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't worry about it. You don't get bragging rights for placing high on the BG leaderboards. They are meaningless and the rewards are very bad. They should delete the BG leaderboards from the game until they're worth chasing.
    PC NA
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    It's so hard to maintain a decent position when it takes near on 20-30 mins some times to get in a match..this needs speeding up..just get rid if mmr already

its not MMR, All BG players that enjoyed objective based PVP have now left, so a low population is now much lower.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Most players right now are unkillable try harders. You can't have fun if you play something out of meta. When objective matches work , you could at least kill something right now fu... this. Maybe im bad at game ,but on objective matches this not matter that much.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    Yup. Most players right now are unkillable try harders. You can't have fun if you play something out of meta. When objective matches work , you could at least kill something right now fu... this. Maybe im bad at game ,but on objective matches this not matter that much.

In deathmatch what team ganks 1 v x most efficiently wins, whereas objective based PVP requires awareness and the ability to pivot and adapt (including ganking when appropriate), With DM only PVP all the gamer will end up with is ever more efficient ganking, until you get to the point where everyone thinks they are the top ganking team and they stand toe to toe mindlessly spamming against the next called target over and over and over - literally until ESO is shutdown lol.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

its not MMR, All BG players that enjoyed objective based PVP have now left, so a low population is now much lower.

I gotta agree with OP on this one I think mmr has a lot to do with it. My queu time is significantly shorter than his on a consistent basis. It wouldn’t be fair for me to outscore him because I’m playing twice as much and against weaker opponents.

They could get rid of mmr… the newer players would hate that… or they could make a different scoreboard for each mmr group however many there are… or they could take the time to do the math and figure out an appropriate handicap (additional score,) to give the people in higher mmr.

I think the best bet would be to just create more leaderboards, one per mmr group. Like others have said the rewards are crap anyway who cares if 5 people get first place instead of just 1?

• CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leader boards are extra sus if you take into account the facts that

A) Crit heal medals are broken (and have been) giving you way more medal score than they should for something really easy to do, and

B) Pet damage and healing doesn't count for anything on the scoreboard, meaning necros (and to a smaller extent Wardens and Sorcs) aren't going to get as much medal score as they should.

The Leader boards are basically a joke because of these issues.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I think the best bet would be to just create more leaderboards, one per mmr group.

So basically ranked? :D
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I think the best bet would be to just create more leaderboards, one per mmr group.

So basically ranked? :D

Well, yea, more or less. You don’t like the idea? I don’t know if it’s the fairest solution and I’m sure Zos would say there aren’t enough people to further divide the population…. But nevertheless I think OP has a point and a solution would be nice.