The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Statue, Prince of Ambition.

NotaDaedraWorshipper
NotaDaedraWorshipper
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
3,500 crowns statue. Large, looks to be well textured, and with several effects which looks nice. Except the first it starts on in the preview. Seriously, what's up with this effect? :D

xJQsFhB.png
dAXXIKm.png
It looks so bad compared to the rest!
[Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just previewed it and it has an ugly stationary brown "splat" and a weird spinning white "thing". It looks like someone stirring creamer into coffee. The swirling orange and red flames look good, what is the other stuff supposed to be? Or is it not displaying properly?
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on December 22, 2021 9:02PM
  • MurderBot
    MurderBot
    Soul Shriven
    I'd like to see the scale so I can see how big it is. I agree the swirling thingy looks odd, but there is a more subtle effect as well.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my screen it has white static/ pixels
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    I think it looks pretty good myself much like the dragon a while back. These are from PS5 so not sure if it’s a last gen issue or what.
    5HxMdby.png
    NMhDOwv.png
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNGeeze wrote: »
    I think it looks pretty good myself much like the dragon a while back. These are from PS5 so not sure if it’s a last gen issue or what.
    5HxMdby.png
    NMhDOwv.png

I play on PC with highest graphics. And that middle part still looks bad, like some orangey splotch of paint.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on December 22, 2021 10:55PM
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    I play on PC with highest graphics. And that middle part still looks bad, like some orangey splotch of paint.

Perhaps it’s not up to par for you but I didn’t see any glaring issues with the preview myself. The statue of course is huge and I dunno seems better suited for a place less red.
    s1j2rGl.png
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my screen it has white static/ pixels

Same here
  • es4eva
    es4eva
    ✭✭✭
    MurderBot wrote: »
    I'd like to see the scale so I can see how big it is. I agree the swirling thingy looks odd, but there is a more subtle effect as well.

It's pretty huge
  • Evarelia
    Evarelia
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a brown splat, it's the Deadlands loadscreen. It looks way better from above than from behind/below... perhaps this can be adjusted?
    r8Qbsbg.png
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Evarelia wrote: »
    It's not a brown splat, it's the Deadlands loadscreen. It looks way better from above than from behind/below... perhaps this can be adjusted?
    r8Qbsbg.png

Hmm I think we've all been conditioned to not see anything on the other side of a portal, so this was unexpected in the extreme.
    PC NA
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r8Qbsbg.png

I only see the orange-brown sky in that case :#
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    r8Qbsbg.png

Maybe something weird like the draw distance settings?
    PC NA
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    r8Qbsbg.png

Maybe something weird like the draw distance settings?

Going by Evarelia's post, the picture seem to be static, so to see some different angle you have to move the statue. Like on the previews you can just about see the tips of the trees at the bottom.