Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Heals Are Too Damn Strong

Dem_kitkats1
Dem_kitkats1
✭✭✭✭
Normally I've been playing solo in BGs as of late and in doing so I always knew that the healing is strong in this game, but it was less of an issue for me in the solo que modes. However, my friend returned from a hiatus so we've been queuing as a duo for a couple of weeks. We've been on teams with healers and without. Healing is ridiculous and pretty much makes or breaks the match. On teams with healers we steamrolled teams without one and in return without a healer we were steamrolled by those who did. And in the rare occurrence that all three teams had one it just became a battle of who could outheal the others the most.

Just wondering how people counter healing other than the entire team just trying to burst down one healer? I know balancing is difficult and in no way am I saying that healing should be nerfed, but I feel that there needs to be more ways of countering healing.
Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on December 14, 2021 6:08PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree about heals being strong. Focused DPS will always overpower heals but yes, I would expect teams to focus enemy healers first! If healers didn’t have the potential to make a difference in a match, then I don’t know why anyone would wish to play one in PVP and that would be a shame.
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Yes welcome to the party. A good healer is OP in bgs. With 4 premade groups with experienced healers, it's like a tickle fight.
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I disagree about heals being strong. Focused DPS will always overpower heals but yes, I would expect teams to focus enemy healers first! If healers didn’t have the potential to make a difference in a match, then I don’t know why anyone would wish to play one in PVP and that would be a shame.

In theory focused dps should be able to take down 1 player and sometimes that works, but time and time again I've seen well built, experienced players outlast even that. And in most of the matches I've been in, being even remotely able to purely focus on killing a healer is impossible. While trying to take down 1 player you're also bombarded by other teammates protecting the healer as well the other team. Plus there is already so much self healing and ability to cross heal that if you are able to get a healer low on health they could simply be thrown a heal by another player and in an instant they are back up to full.

I agree, having a healer should give your team an edge and make a difference, but it shouldn't make your team invincible. Having a healer is a strategy and with all strategies, there should be a way to counter it or at least make it more challenging. Or at least have cool down on some of the skills.

Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on December 16, 2021 5:02PM
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally I've been playing solo in BGs as of late and in doing so I always knew that the healing is strong in this game, but it was less of an issue for me in the solo que modes. However, my friend returned from a hiatus so we've been queuing as a duo for a couple of weeks. We've been on teams with healers and without. Healing is ridiculous and pretty much makes or breaks the match. On teams with healers we steamrolled teams without one and in return without a healer we were steamrolled by those who did. And in the rare occurrence that all three teams had one it just became a battle of who could outheal the others the most.

Just wondering how people counter healing other than the entire team just trying to burst down one healer? I know balancing is difficult and in no way am I saying that healing should be nerfed, but I feel that there needs to be more ways of countering healing.

In a 4v4v4, any team with a healer should have the advantage. Seems like the real problem is self-healing. If they reduced by a lot the ability to self-heal, even for healers, then healers would be more important but not OP.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross healing is absolutely over performing imo. Even solo games with multiple healers have become sluggish brawler fights thanks to the power of cross healing. It's simply too good right now. Even in BGs (no CP) you can witness the insane power of cross healing now.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would play an experiment where cross heals are turned off.
    PC NA
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The biggest fear a lot of us have is if they nerf healing for BG and PvP, then they'll destroy healers for trial and dungeon groups. ZOS has proven time and time again that they can't fix one problem for PvP without causing an equal or worse problem in PvE, and vise vera.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on December 16, 2021 9:51PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i pvp someone that spams a heal and it takes them from 1% (where they are near death) to instant FULL 100% health in just 1 or 2 clicks then i have learned now to just walk away.
    at that point its not even pvp anymore.
    eso is so Broken.
    Edited by Gilvoth on December 16, 2021 9:50PM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Self healing is fine. Group heal stacking breaks PvP.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • YoureWrongImRight
    YoureWrongImRight
    ✭✭✭
    Self healing is too strong and healers are too strong.

The fact that people are capable of going 1v5, 1v10 even shows that it's too strong.

The fact that you can watch duels in Wayrest and it's basically just 2 guys smashing each other for 5-10 minutes until 1 of them finally lands a crit and everything in their combo at once shows that it's too strong.

DoT builds are basically irrelevant as anyone can easily out heal them, you need to basically destroy your target outright to be effective. It removes all the flavor from the game by making high burst the only meaningful way to play.

Major defile needs a huge buff, at least double what it does now and more ways for more classes to be able to apply it. You should be able to do something active to counter healing with a debuff that you need to consciously apply and re-apply when it is cleared. There needs to be more active ways to counter things than simply stun.

In a BG people are not usually just fighting out in the open where you can just lay into them, when you are being dps trained you dance around poles and block LoS constantly which is extremely easy to do. All while throwing out tons of healing abilities that you can cast while jumping around, barely need to do any targeting with because they are all auto target, or just ground target the object you're jumping around.

Give more classes a way to actively mitigate healing in a meaningful way, and give healers more to think about by more actively having to pay attention and cleanse those debuffs. It wouldn't need to affect PvE in any way.

Would also be of great help to disjoin healing ability from weapon and spell damage stat as others have stated before. Have a new stat, "Healing Power"? And have this be the driver of your healing output instead of weapon or spell damage. It's not right that you can go an all out damage build, hit like a truck, and also have that damage stat vastly improve your healing output. This would leave dedicated healers as is and reduce self and cross healing to bring it more in line and make healing a more important role.
    Edited by YoureWrongImRight on December 17, 2021 4:04AM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think self healing isn't in a bad spot but proc-heals are over tuned!!!!!
  • YoureWrongImRight
    YoureWrongImRight
    ✭✭✭
    Self healing should be a form of damage mitigation, not complete damage negation.

it happens far too often that you get into a fight with someone that is basically endless, sustain, self healing, and overall mitigation is so high that the fight can basically never end. Eventually the 2 parties just part ways and give up.

If someone has gone a full DoT build, you should not be able to just easily brush that off with self healing abilities like vigor and rally.

PvP has basically been reduced to useless brawling to build up ultimate, unleashing you full combo with ultimate attempting to burst down your target, if that doesn't work or you don't get the crits you need, continue to brawl uselessly to build up ultimate and try again.

If self healing is strong enough to negate the damage of a single target, then add dedicated healers and cross heals onto that. You end up with the situation we have now where BG's can go the entire 15 minutes with a giant tickle fight and 5 kills.
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Self healing is too strong and healers are too strong.

The fact that people are capable of going 1v5, 1v10 even shows that it's too strong.

The fact that you can watch duels in Wayrest and it's basically just 2 guys smashing each other for 5-10 minutes until 1 of them finally lands a crit and everything in their combo at once shows that it's too strong.

DoT builds are basically irrelevant as anyone can easily out heal them, you need to basically destroy your target outright to be effective. It removes all the flavor from the game by making high burst the only meaningful way to play.

Major defile needs a huge buff, at least double what it does now and more ways for more classes to be able to apply it. You should be able to do something active to counter healing with a debuff that you need to consciously apply and re-apply when it is cleared. There needs to be more active ways to counter things than simply stun.

In a BG people are not usually just fighting out in the open where you can just lay into them, when you are being dps trained you dance around poles and block LoS constantly which is extremely easy to do. All while throwing out tons of healing abilities that you can cast while jumping around, barely need to do any targeting with because they are all auto target, or just ground target the object you're jumping around.

Give more classes a way to actively mitigate healing in a meaningful way, and give healers more to think about by more actively having to pay attention and cleanse those debuffs. It wouldn't need to affect PvE in any way.

Would also be of great help to disjoin healing ability from weapon and spell damage stat as others have stated before. Have a new stat, "Healing Power"? And have this be the driver of your healing output instead of weapon or spell damage. It's not right that you can go an all out damage build, hit like a truck, and also have that damage stat vastly improve your healing output. This would leave dedicated healers as is and reduce self and cross healing to bring it more in line and make healing a more important role.

Yes this is exactly what I meant by having a way to counter healing. I agree that nerfing healing in general could create a multitude of problems for balancing in PvP and PvE. And there are other more meaningful ways in which healing could be mitigated by other players, and become more active for players.

Disjoin healing from spell and weapon damage, so self healing and cross healing is less powerful, making the role of a healer more important. Like many damage abilities have healing abilities be based on LoS. Perhaps decrease the range of healing AoEs (why does it need to take up the entire radius of a tower or spawn area?), or allow players to interrupt casting other than stunning. Give players the options to apply stronger debuffs and d.o.t making it so healers have to be more cognizant of having to purge and reapply buffs because at the moment they are barely affected by either of these.

Yes healers are important and should be beneficial to the group, but they shouldn't be unkillable Gods in PvP with equal healing and damage.

Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on December 22, 2021 1:47AM
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys don’t know what you’re asking for. I understand you’re frustrated but separating damage and healing into two separate stats would completely change how the game functions meaning unless the entire game is rebalanced around this change, you will get a complete disaster.

The general idea of nerfing self healing is misguided. Nerfing cross healing specifically either via small Battlespirit tweaks would be a much better solution.

Honestly sounds to me like alot of people in this thread have learn to play issues. Cross heal stacking is a bit out of control I agree, but the suggestions in this thread are horribly out of touch with the reality of game balancing.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes welcome to the party. A good healer is OP in bgs. With 4 premade groups with experienced healers, it's like a tickle fight.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C6zvrbxmSek
  • YoureWrongImRight
    YoureWrongImRight
    ✭✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    You guys don’t know what you’re asking for. I understand you’re frustrated but separating damage and healing into two separate stats would completely change how the game functions meaning unless the entire game is rebalanced around this change, you will get a complete disaster.

The general idea of nerfing self healing is misguided. Nerfing cross healing specifically either via small Battlespirit tweaks would be a much better solution.

Honestly sounds to me like alot of people in this thread have learn to play issues. Cross heal stacking is a bit out of control I agree, but the suggestions in this thread are horribly out of touch with the reality of game balancing.

You need to provide more justification than just saying "it is misguided and will break the game". Explain how you feel it would break the game. How does it break the game to have a separate stat that drives healing output which has a base value just like weapon and spell damage. Which would remain at a lower value if you did not use healing sets/glyphs etc that provided more value to this stat.

This way dedicated healers would automatically have higher more meaningful healing output, people who want to be more balanced playstyle off healers could do that to, and full on DPS builds would obviously have the lowest healing ability which would make complete sense.

I get that people want to leave it the same when you just want to play bubble templar and be able to solo queue and not have anything to do with your team as your own healing output is so high you don't care what they're even doing. Team games should be exactly that, team based. DPS characters are not doing any healing output in PvE nor should they really be doing that much healing in PvP.

How do you nerf cross healing without nerfing dedicated healers directly. how would a debuff work to reduce healing from other DPS characters or off healers but not nerf a dedicated healer build?

I guess when you watch all these people who are CP 2000+ dueling in Wayrest it is a learn to play issue that keeps the duel going for 5-10 minutes. It has nothing to do with the fact that the mitigation, self healing, and resource regen rates are so high that nobody can even kill each other.

This game is far from perfect in many aspects, for how easy it is to throw out healing it is far too powerful coming from a DPS character. Especially when lag is such a huge issue on top of that, it is extremely difficult to combo abilities together to get them to all land with perfect timing when the guy you're trying to kill is rubber banding all over the place hopping back and forth around a post breaking LoS constantly. All while healing back up from < 20% back up to 100% in a few seconds.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭

You need to provide more justification than just saying "it is misguided and will break the game". Explain how you feel it would break the game. How does it break the game to have a separate stat that drives healing output which has a base value just like weapon and spell damage. Which would remain at a lower value if you did not use healing sets/glyphs etc that provided more value to this stat.

This way dedicated healers would automatically have higher more meaningful healing output, people who want to be more balanced playstyle off healers could do that to, and full on DPS builds would obviously have the lowest healing ability which would make complete sense.

I get that people want to leave it the same when you just want to play bubble templar and be able to solo queue and not have anything to do with your team as your own healing output is so high you don't care what they're even doing. Team games should be exactly that, team based. DPS characters are not doing any healing output in PvE nor should they really be doing that much healing in PvP.

How do you nerf cross healing without nerfing dedicated healers directly. how would a debuff work to reduce healing from other DPS characters or off healers but not nerf a dedicated healer build?

I guess when you watch all these people who are CP 2000+ dueling in Wayrest it is a learn to play issue that keeps the duel going for 5-10 minutes. It has nothing to do with the fact that the mitigation, self healing, and resource regen rates are so high that nobody can even kill each other.

This game is far from perfect in many aspects, for how easy it is to throw out healing it is far too powerful coming from a DPS character. Especially when lag is such a huge issue on top of that, it is extremely difficult to combo abilities together to get them to all land with perfect timing when the guy you're trying to kill is rubber banding all over the place hopping back and forth around a post breaking LoS constantly. All while healing back up from < 20% back up to 100% in a few seconds.

"I guess when you watch all these people who are CP 2000+ dueling in Wayrest it is a learn to play issue that keeps the duel going for 5-10 minutes. It has nothing to do with the fact that the mitigation, self healing, and resource regen rates are so high that nobody can even kill each other."

and its totaly no option many use a super tanky duell build where they only can kill glass canons...

also the change u try to defend would actually break the game cause
    1. zos is bad at balancing
    2. it would take months/years even with decent balancing skills to be balanced
    3. how is a solo player supoused to survive? pvp is not group only

especally point 3 is import for me cause i often go for 1v1-3 and have fun doing so and normaly i use something like 1 defensive 1 offensive set but than how am i suppoused to add a 3. set for healing? i could switch out one of the others but than obvoiusly i would miss dps or health/tankyness

and e.g. my main char which is a stam blade would completly be unuseable than atm blades have good dmg decent healing and no tankiness - so if u take away healing to how is a blade supoused to survive longer than 5sec ? all u would need to do is throw 1 dot or aoe and blade will die defnitly cause for a blade its not a option to switch sets cause than u cant gank anylonger which is the only thing a blade is good at

and btw a few words to zos balancing skills ... u remember warden when it was released? it was trash for atleast 1 year and barly anyone used it ... u remember necro when it was released? was the best class for about a year...

imagine introducing a new stat which requires not only to balance 3 skill lines but to change every passive , active skill, gear , cp, mundus,.... its like rebalancing the whole game
  • YoureWrongImRight
    YoureWrongImRight
    ✭✭✭

"I guess when you watch all these people who are CP 2000+ dueling in Wayrest it is a learn to play issue that keeps the duel going for 5-10 minutes. It has nothing to do with the fact that the mitigation, self healing, and resource regen rates are so high that nobody can even kill each other."

and its totaly no option many use a super tanky duell build where they only can kill glass canons...

also the change u try to defend would actually break the game cause
    1. zos is bad at balancing
    2. it would take months/years even with decent balancing skills to be balanced
    3. how is a solo player supoused to survive? pvp is not group only

especally point 3 is import for me cause i often go for 1v1-3 and have fun doing so and normaly i use something like 1 defensive 1 offensive set but than how am i suppoused to add a 3. set for healing? i could switch out one of the others but than obvoiusly i would miss dps or health/tankyness

and e.g. my main char which is a stam blade would completly be unuseable than atm blades have good dmg decent healing and no tankiness - so if u take away healing to how is a blade supoused to survive longer than 5sec ? all u would need to do is throw 1 dot or aoe and blade will die defnitly cause for a blade its not a option to switch sets cause than u cant gank anylonger which is the only thing a blade is good at

and btw a few words to zos balancing skills ... u remember warden when it was released? it was trash for atleast 1 year and barly anyone used it ... u remember necro when it was released? was the best class for about a year...

imagine introducing a new stat which requires not only to balance 3 skill lines but to change every passive , active skill, gear , cp, mundus,.... its like rebalancing the whole game

The fact that 1v3 is a playstyle that is viable highlights the issue, if you are a stamblade out if PvP you should be waiting to try and pick off others who are solo or stray from the pack, that is the point of a ganker class, in and out. Your healing output would be lower but theirs would be lower also, this would enable you to kill people easier.

So the main argument here is just some assumption that it would be bad from the start and not fixed (not really valid as it is based on an assumption), and again just that people want to be able to be careless when PvPing solo and be able to engage against multiple opponents simultaneously and not be punished for it.

You should need to be careful when PvPing solo, that's the choice you have made, you have gone out solo into an area full of groups. The game should not cater to those who just want to play solo at the expense of everything and everyone else. Again as stated before, self healing should be a form of mitigation not complete negation of damage. As well as a way to get yourself back up to 100% health in preparation to engage another target.

I don't see why you think you would NEED to run a dedicated healing set to survive. You still would have all the same options available to you in terms of stealth, dodge roll, block and a reduced self healing kit. This barely changes your options at all and doesn't really need to change your playstyle other than not engaging multiple targets at once, or accept the risk you are taking by doing so. Trade offs need to be made, the idea that one DoT ability would now kill you outright is just being dramatic.
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol just because I have a complaint about something doesn't mean that I'm not having any success and that I need to "get good". Cross healing is so powerful because healing in general is so powerful and all classes and builds have access to it at no cost to their damage (I've seen templars alone have equal healing and damage in matches of over 1M each and they weren't even built for healing). This is because of the fact that it is connected to their damage stats. I think nerfing cross healing would just punish healers to the point where their role is diminished even more and people just might as well just build into damage reducing the variety of game play even more.

If there are roles in the game, let them be important and valuable. There are threads across the board in PvE and PvP about how there is little need for the roles until you hit vet content (and even then in some cases they aren't needed) because all classes and builds can do eveything and too much of it. So now in PvP you have have a team of damage builds that can heal 1M each and then add a healer on top of that and you're in God mode. So just make a healing stat and add some dedicated healing sets (we know ZOS is good at introducing new sets) that players can build into. And because of PvE, the CP skill line trees already have slots for healing so that wouldn't need to change much and the role of healer would be more significant and gameplay more tactical.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on January 1, 2022 5:26PM
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol just because I have a complaint about something doesn't mean that I'm not having any success and that I need to "get good". Cross healing is so powerful because healing in general is so powerful and all classes and builds have access to it at no cost to their damage (I've seen templars alone have equal healing and damage in matches of over 1M each and they weren't even built for healing). This is because of the fact that it is connected to their health and damage stats. I think nerfing cross healing would just punish healers to the point where their role is diminished even more and people just might as well just build into damage reducing the variety of game play even more.

If there are roles in the game, let them be important and valuable. There are threads across the board in PvE and PvP about how there is little need for the roles until you hit vet content (and even then in some cases they aren't needed) because all classes and builds can do eveything and too much of it. So now in PvP you have have a team of damage builds that can heal 1M each and then add a healer on top of that and you're in God mode. So just make a healing stat and add some dedicated healing sets (we know ZOS is good at introducing new sets) that players can build into. And because of PvE, the CP skill line trees already have slots for healing so that wouldn't need to change much and the role of healer would be more significant and gameplay more tactical.

So what is your proposed solution to this problem? In my understanding you want to implement a stat which is the only stat along with percentage-modifiers which increases healing?
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more I play PvP in this game the more I understand the whole idea behind it is that you can also fight other players around the PvE balance for memes. It does not seem to have any attuning to performance, balance or the responsiveness requirements a PvP environment needs.

It's basically just throw some gear on and see what happens. The only thing competitive in it are the players, there are no means to enable competitivity in a healthy manner.
    Edited by BlossomDead on December 31, 2021 12:09AM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it as it is personally but if it is adjusted then it should just be a cap in the pvp zones and leave pve untouched.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The solution is so so so so so simple.

You can only have 1 of each named heal on your at a time. Only 1 radiating, 1 echoing, etc.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    The solution is so so so so so simple.

You can only have 1 of each named heal on your at a time. Only 1 radiating, 1 echoing, etc.

I think the problem is that zos are focusing on performance improvements (i hope) and this implementation requires an additional server check everytime a hot is used on an ally. (u cast mutagen and server checks if you have an instance allready, if not then u get the hot) also how would it work, would the strongest heal get applied or would it disappear, what about recasting 1 second too early, would you refresh to 10 seconds? Theres alot of factors and server checks for this feature and its going to make servers lag even more which neither we or zos wants.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of the problem is health-scaling self-healing. The fact that it's possible to build for tankiness (i.e. burst resistance) and have that enhance your health sustain is completely broken.

It ruins PvP, where tank builds are virtually indestructible (it should be possible to wear them down over time, but their current self-healing allows them to outheal any damage they take); and it ruins PvE too, where healers are considered useless for all but the hardest content when they suddenly become useful as DPS buff-bots (because tank mitigation and self-healing are so strong that outside healing isn't necessary).
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on January 1, 2022 12:18AM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes healing is insane. Specially on certain classes. Dk, templar and necromancer.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of the beauty of eso combat is the high skill ceiling and self sufficiency you can bring to the table. Play the game with nerfed self heals I.e. lowbie BGs and you’ll see how uninteresting the combat becomes.

It’s absolutely not a problem that you can 1v3 IF you play much better than the 3. That’s part of the allure of ESO pvp, having a high skill cap that allows you to pull off victories against the odds. YOU can be the guy doing the 1v3 instead of asking for that to become fundamentally impossible by matter of design.

Imagine in WoW 3v3 arenas when one of your teammates died you instantly lost the match because “2v3 should not be allowed to win fights as a matter of game design so we’re going to make it impossible”. Imagine in League of Legends when one guy starts carrying his team the game removes one of his abilities at random because “1v5 should not be allowed as a matter of game design”. How about literally any other pvp game out there? The best moments in any of those games is pulling out a win from behind by superior play. How is this a problem in eso pvp specifically? Explain this to me.

Cross healing is an issue when too much of it is stacked together in BGs. Again, much simpler to fix by nerfing heals received from others via battle spirit.
    Edited by HiImRex on January 1, 2022 5:58PM
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just keep saying it, until tanks stop getting completely nuked by stealthy nightblades, then you should deal with high healers and immortal tanks.

Why would the game allow people to nuke others within 2 seconds, but ban healing and tanking in PvP?

My issue is not that tanks are dying, my issue is that players can wipe you up in less than 2 seconds, because all you can do is break free (and even so, it will be too late before you can even chug a potion).
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross heals with HoTs was broken for quite a some time now.

I don't have any problem with dedicated healer spamming instant heals. That's balanced because you need to do that actively and time that well.

I do have a problem with a single healer doing stacks of 4-5 hots while team members also add like 4 hots on top, which completely shuts down any DoTs and even make burst windows very short, as even 2s window means 2s of HoTs ticking.

Solution:

New battle spirit effect: Reduce healing from healing over time effects on allies by 50%