Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please add more sources of Furnishing mats

maximusrex45
maximusrex45
✭✭✭✭
I'm fairly new to the game, so maybe I am overlooking something, but it seems furnishing mats are strangely hard to come by, considering they make something that is almost solely cosmetic, and the only source is from direct harvesting a normal node.

I think like other crafting mats, they should come from surveys, hirelings, deconstruction, and refining.

I have plenty of harvesting to do just with surveys, it isn't fun to have to then go out and spends hours more gathering stuff I don't really need to get a pittance of mats that I do need.
  • mtbikernate
    mtbikernate
    ✭✭
    I get that furnishing mats are supposed to be fairly rare. but housing and furnishings are only getting more popular, which has made it harder to obtain what you need. furnishing mats are blindingly expensive to buy from guild stores and the grind to get them is obscene.

I agree that getting them from surveys, hirelings, decon, and refining would be a massive improvement.
  • ancientgamedev
    ancientgamedev
    Soul Shriven
    The majority of my furnishing diagrams/blueprints/etc have all come from stealing. I can't remember ever getting one from a boss drop or from anything outside of an overland chest (but obscenely rare). In my thieving experience, though, they happen more often than expected.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Worst thing is that christmas time is really nice time to make some housing, but you of course make event which drains housing materials like crazy :(

ZOS, please make some new sources of housing base mats - maybe add some to reward coffers, some world containers like bags, chests and crates, etc. In Fallout 76 you can gain materials by doing quests, in ESO we have to farm nodes which is boring as hell and no fun. I don't need this for free, but we should get it just by actively playing game. It's ridiculous when after hour of farming mundane runes I can make something like 4-5 castle walls and meanwhile I'm short of heartwood which is more grind. Hour of grind for 1 minute of puting furnitures, geez - that's sound like fun!
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are a lot of things that could be balanced better for housing
    • material drop rates
    • cost to craft individual items (especially smaller items that you are likely making dozens of)
    • materials actually used in the crafts (since they tend to use a lot of style mats and other sometimes rare-ish mats)

all of these compound to make some materials extremely expensive due to demand (both high quantity of crafts, and high cost per craft)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst thing is that christmas time is really nice time to make some housing, but you of course make event which drains housing materials like crazy :(

ZOS, please make some new sources of housing base mats - maybe add some to reward coffers, some world containers like bags, chests and crates, etc. In Fallout 76 you can gain materials by doing quests, in ESO we have to farm nodes which is boring as hell and no fun. I don't need this for free, but we should get it just by actively playing game. It's ridiculous when after hour of farming mundane runes I can make something like 4-5 castle walls and meanwhile I'm short of heartwood which is more grind. Hour of grind for 1 minute of puting furnitures, geez - that's sound like fun!

I stopped doing the new life writs unless it's provisioning. Those seem to be rare drops though. Yesterday I actually got a blacksmith for once. Almost every one I get are carpentry so it makes sense that they are heavy weighted towards these as drops to make us use up heartwood and spend gold.

I just destroy every carpentry one I get now. They don't sell for anything either because people don't want to do them.

I think the new life festival needs an update or completely revamp. It's getting old.

Oh and I don't know why zos doesn't just put the furniture mats on a vender just like trait stones and glyphs. Would make sense.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on December 24, 2021 6:53AM
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if they just evened out the drop rate for all Furnishing Mats in 4 hours of farming Summerset during the event I finished with 223 Alchemical Resin, 119 Regelus, 139 Mundane Rune, 68 Bast, 63 Ochre and 49 Heartwood. Alchemical Resin drops like hot cakes while Heartwood drop rate is complete ***.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A huge QoL feature would be to allow us to deconstruct housing items.

This can go two ways:
    1. Functions the same as any typical gear item except that the base material (think Sanded Ruby Ash) returned would be the housing version (aka Heartwood). They provide a chance at the upgrade material as well (aka Rosin). No style material.
    2. Returns 50% of the exact material cost back to the player. I’m not sure this is a better solution or if would even work given how no other loot sources behave that way.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All good points.

The worst I think is decorative wax.

Once you farm a few containers then all the others are empty.

I did a bunch of crafting furniture the other day and it’s going to take forever to get those back.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA