Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden - Sorcerer - Dragonknight - Templar - Returning player

Godsa
Godsa
Soul Shriven
I hate coming back to games that are so much to learn and the complexity is so great it takes a long time just to learn, let alone get up to par...but thats life...oh well

Those are the classes I have - all level 50 - I think I'd like to tank now - but also dps occasionally on another toon - any recommendations on which and as what?

Any recommendations on how to approach coming back - i really like to instance -

SO MUCH info on the internet - trying to make the transition as smooth as possible - am doing my own research but I wanted input from players like you as well

Please don't say play what you enjoy...I enjoy getting a crap load of dps and I would enjoy being a tank

Appreciate the feedback and Happy Christmas ! Happy Holidays !
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all of them can be a tank or a damage dealer.

That being said, Warden and Dragonkight have skills that fit naturally into the tank role. If you want to start off tanking, those are natural picks. Warden tend to be a more of a tank with heals, while Dragonknight tends to be more of a tank with debuffs. If class CCs are your jam, then Dragonkinght has their chains to yank mobs around.

Sorc is a natural choice for damage dealer. Templars also make good damage dealers, though they also make fantastic healers if you are interested in that role.

Hope that helps!
  • Godsa
    Godsa
    Soul Shriven
    So all of them can be a tank or a damage dealer.

That being said, Warden and Dragonkight have skills that fit naturally into the tank role. If you want to start off tanking, those are natural picks. Warden tend to be a more of a tank with heals, while Dragonknight tends to be more of a tank with debuffs. If class CCs are your jam, then Dragonkinght has their chains to yank mobs around.

Sorc is a natural choice for damage dealer. Templars also make good damage dealers, though they also make fantastic healers if you are interested in that role.

Hope that helps!

it does thank you - ill look for a tank build online - appreciate it - very concise
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens can tank and DD just fine. You can use armory station in your home to quickly change builds.