The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

how can I tell eso to look at the right addon folder

huskeywalker
I have a new pc with eso on d: drive and addons in the correct folder on c: drive. it seems that eso is looking at a backup addons folder in one drive. how casn I tell eso what folder to look at.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO will always look at C:\users\<your user>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

If you want to have your addons folder on different drive then you have to make a link (mklink command)
  • Avantare
    Avantare
    I presume you're using Windows 10. Are you using Minion? If you are not follow perfiction's advice. If you are using Minion in it go to Options then Game AddOn folder Path and point it to your AddOns folder.
    I use Minion and installed all my AddOns on a seperate drive as well.
    From -->
    C:\users\<your user>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
    To --> G:\Libraries\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
    Note that I manually pointed all the contents of my Libraries folder from their default install location to a different drive in case my OS takes a powder, etc...
  • Avantare
    Avantare
    Avantare wrote: »
    I presume you're using Windows 10. Are you using Minion? If you are not follow perfiction's advice. If you are using Minion in it go to Options then Game AddOn folder Path and point it to your AddOns folder.
    I use Minion and installed all my AddOns on a seperate drive as well.
    From -->
    C:\users\<your user>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
    To --> G:\Libraries\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
    Note that I manually pointed all the contents of my Libraries folder from their default install location to a different drive in case my OS takes a powder, etc...

It's even more than this. Minion see the AdfdOjns and the frolder is where it's supposed to be but ESO does't see them.
    I'll post again once I figure this out.
  • Binaryvector
    Binaryvector
    Soul Shriven
    The folder can be different depending on some of your OS settings. For example if OneDrive is enabled, the addon might be loaded from there. Here is a trick to figure out which from which folder eso is attempting to load addons:
    If you do a screenshot ingame, it will display the location where the screenshot was saved in the top right corner of the screen. The addon folder is right next to this screenshot folder.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »
    ESO will always look at C:\users\<your user>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

If you want to have your addons folder on different drive then you have to make a link (mklink command)

Wrong :-) It should, but doesn't always look there:
    It sometimes will also look at c:\users\<your user>\AppData all of sudden (After some windows patches) etc.

And if you are using OneDrive and have enabled to sync your "documents" folder with it too it often also fails to detect the addons or looks at false directories like the OneDrive floder you have specified.

Here is a description how to easily detect the addon folder ingame via a scereenshot:

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858
    -> Where do I need to install/extract the addon zip files to? Or what is the "/live" folder?

https://wiki.esoui.com/UserFolder#Screenshot:_Detect_live_folder
    Edited by Baertram on January 25, 2022 4:31PM