The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Does Oblivion Damage work against NPC's?

Tornaad
Tornaad
✭✭✭✭✭
I have an idea for a build involving oblivion damage that I want to try but before I run through the battle grounds to collect it, I want to make sure it will be useful against NPC's.
The goal is to try to balance survivability (through damage shields) with damage output and from an initial look it seems that going the Knight's Slayer route might be powerful.
Bow
X = Spiked Bone Shield
Y = Green Lotus
B = Camouflaged Hunter
RB= Bombard
LB = Venom Arrow

Two Handed
X = Rally
Y = Critical Rush
B = Camouflaged Hunter
RB= Reverse Slice
LB = Brawler

Sets
Knight Slayer
Parabellum
Slimecraw's Visiage

Best Answer

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oblivion dmg is scaled based on targets health

each thing with oblivion dmg effective hits a "cap" on the dmg though once the enemy is above a certain amount of hp

if the enemy is at 100k+ max hp, then you will hit the cap on oblivion dmg (100k is the absolute minimum needed for cap, which for pve is a vast amount of the enemies, virtually every boss has a minimum of 300k) (pvp is where oblivion would be the most useful, but players who use dmg shields have too low max hp for oblivion to do any real dmg, and the ones it would affect most being tanks still tend to cap out around 60k hp, which is only 2/3 of the way to oblivion cap, but you would have to have a whole zerg using oblivion to make it do anything noticeable to a pvp tank)

i think knight slayer caps at 8000 dmg (if you have set golded)
    sload semblance i think caps at 3000 dmg per tick
    gold oblivion dmg enchantment caps at around 4750 (dont remember exact number but its not obviously listed like knight slayer or sload)

the other consideration to take into mind when using oblivion is that oblivion dmg cannot crit either, and since it is based on target max hp, your dmg buff is irrelevant, so if your on a high performing crit based setup, this will actually be detrimental to your dps, if your having trouble getting to 20-30k dps, then it might help short term
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on December 22, 2021 2:55PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Answer ✓