The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Vma Bow vs Vma Two handed

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
Do i lose too much dps not having a vma two handed?

I'm stam sorce

Relequeen + briarheart + stormfist +ma bow atm

Do i need to activate vma two handed every 7 seconds?
Edited by francesinhalover on December 7, 2021 1:08AM
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried using vMA 2H instead of stormfist?
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried using vMA 2H instead of stormfist?

Really sorry, i have fixed the post.
    No i like long dots and it scares me that i might need to activate vma two handeds effect every 7 secs instead of 12
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use 2 handed on the back bar, I like the charge to the enemy (I stamplar main). Its fairly easy to slot into my rotation. If you have one, give it a try on a practice dummy
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Of the 3 main backbar weapons; merciless charge(MA 2h), thunderous volley(MA bow), and spectral cloak(BrP DW); I personally I prefer the BrP DW because it is instant cast, moves with your character, and provides you with great mitigation along with increased damage. But it is my understanding that the MA 2h is currently the hardest hitting of the 3, with the MA bow being the weakest.
    Something to that the MA 2h doesn't explain well is that it's proc changes depending of the morphs you proc it with. With critical rush, the bleed will only last for 7 seconds, but with stampede the bleed will refresh with each tick of the dot, meaning it can last for a total of 17 seconds, not just 7, and that it will apply itself to anything that enters the aoe. I do recommend that you still keep up the stampede skill every 10 sec, because it hits incredibly hard all by itself. You also get the additional benefits of running carve, another strong aoe dot, that provides a fairly helpful shield.
    The bow may be the weakest of the 3 options, but it is my understanding that it only performs about 5% worse then 2h backbar, and 2% worse then dual wield back bar. I recommend you start with the bow bar, if you feel like you want to move on to the other two, great, if not just work on perfecting what you like.
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the 3 main backbar weapons; merciless charge(MA 2h), thunderous volley(MA bow), and spectral cloak(BrP DW); I personally I prefer the BrP DW because it is instant cast, moves with your character, and provides you with great mitigation along with increased damage. But it is my understanding that the MA 2h is currently the hardest hitting of the 3, with the MA bow being the weakest.
    Something to that the MA 2h doesn't explain well is that it's proc changes depending of the morphs you proc it with. With critical rush, the bleed will only last for 7 seconds, but with stampede the bleed will refresh with each tick of the dot, meaning it can last for a total of 17 seconds, not just 7, and that it will apply itself to anything that enters the aoe. I do recommend that you still keep up the stampede skill every 10 sec, because it hits incredibly hard all by itself. You also get the additional benefits of running carve, another strong aoe dot, that provides a fairly helpful shield.
    The bow may be the weakest of the 3 options, but it is my understanding that it only performs about 5% worse then 2h backbar, and 2% worse then dual wield back bar. I recommend you start with the bow bar, if you feel like you want to move on to the other two, great, if not just work on perfecting what you like.

I could try a Relequeen + briarheart + stormfist build
    Have BRP dw if i can get the dlc. (is it hard like vma?)
    Than i could run
    Rearming trap > Crystal weapon > whirlwind > Bound armaments > conjured clan
    Spectral cloak > Rending slashes>Hurricane > bound armaments > conjured clan.

is it too bad?

Options
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind is that even though the bow is slightly weaker dps than the two hander, you can activate volley from range which helps in some cases when you have to step away from a boss due to mechanics or when you are dodging bad stuff.
    Options
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Than i could run

is it too bad?

vBrP is considered the hardest 4 man content in the game. But normal BrP is about as difficult as any 4 man dungeons on normal is, because I feel like how I parse and how I play are 2 very different things. But if I were DW/DW:
    Prebuff: bound armaments, clan fear
    trap on target>hurricane> blade cloak> swap>crystal weapon 4x and bound a. And refresh dot right before they expire.
    The key to great dps+sustain is about 20%, 20% your stats, and the remaining 60% how well you can keep up your dots while weaving and using a spammable.
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Than i could run

is it too bad?

vBrP is considered the hardest 4 man content in the game. But normal BrP is about as difficult as any 4 man dungeons on normal is, because I feel like how I parse and how I play are 2 very different things. But if I were DW/DW:
    Prebuff: bound armaments, clan fear
    trap on target>hurricane> blade cloak> swap>crystal weapon 4x and bound a. And refresh dot right before they expire.
    The key to great dps+sustain is about 20%, 20% your stats, and the remaining 60% how well you can keep up your dots while weaving and using a spammable.

I did a dw rotation it isnt to bad, but im not sure if its worth it because i wont be able to keep relequeen on the target from long range with the bow :( rele takes 10 light ataques it's no joke if you lose it.

But the dw build i tried wasnt too bad.
    Relequeen, advc yokeda, stormfist, blue brp daggers bckbar.
    Using exexutioner and brp daggers probably does the most dps

The skill bar was.

Hurricane > spammable > whirwind > bound arm> conjured clanfear

Backbar

Cloak > rending slashes > barbed > "" > ""

The idea is how smooth the rotation is.

You do more or less 10 sec cloak > 10 sec rending > barbed swap hurricane > spamable swap cloak > rending > swap > spammable > hurricane > cloak > rending > barbed.
    While proccing bound armaments.

You have 1 free bar swap without barbed.

And for the backbar , the offhand dagger would probably be nirn (to buff main hand ) or precise. And the enchant that gives back stam maybe? Or a random status dmg one
    Edited by francesinhalover on December 11, 2021 12:54AM
    Options
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm stam sorce

vMA bow will net you around 7-8k dps. When you add 3 instances of Stampede with the vMA 2h it adds up to about 14-15k. So there's your answer.
    Options
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rataroto wrote: »

I'm stam sorce

vMA bow will net you around 7-8k dps. When you add 3 instances of Stampede with the vMA 2h it adds up to about 14-15k. So there's your answer.

Oh, and you do get access to Carve, which is another 9k dps on its own.
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm stam sorce

3 instances , so you mean carve on main hand right?
    Options
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    No you can run carve backbar just got to hit it three times before you start frontbar rotation then once on backbar after to keep it up.
    Options
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    [

I did a dw rotation it isnt to bad, but im not sure if its worth it because i wont be able to keep relequeen on the target from long range with the bow :( rele takes 10 light ataques it's no joke if you lose it.

^^ Whereas true I can tell you that with practice even on vet I can stampede in, swing carve and roll dodge out of Pyroturge's AoE at the end of Black Drake to keep up stacks. Is it wise? Does it always work? No :D but it can be done.
    Options
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm stam sorce

3 instances , so you mean carve on main hand right?

No, I mea Stampede itself:
    1st - actual cast (always a crit)
    2nd - the skill aoe left on the ground
    3rd - the maelstrom 2h effect

Since all of these come off of a single cast of Stampede, they are the 3 instances of the ability doing damage and will show on reports separately.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is proof that bow damage and bow speed is simply too slow and weak.
    especially in pvp.
    ranged damage needs to be equal to toe to toe fighting in pvp.
    Options
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @francesinhalover

So here is the best advice I can give you, bring what you play into content, and practice what you don't.
    Each back bar weapon offers, in my opinion, it's own combat philosophy, covering for a weakness exists within the stamina playstyle. You will be a better player if you can get used to all of them, and can see where they work and where they do not.
    1. MA bow offers range and makes a strong ground dot stronger. It fits in well into most rotations, specifically the sorc and templar. It is also good in situations where you know where add groups will spawn, since it is the only stamina weapon that lets you drop the dot without a target.
    2. Stampede is one of strongest weapon dots in the game that are also AOE. And carve is another incredibly powerful dot that is also AOE. These 2 dots cover for the fact that DW front bars offer very little cleave damage, which used to be the biggest limitations to stamina DPS. These dots also hit hard for single target as well, making just using 2h a great choice on any bar. The MA 2h effectively adds another 17 second AOE dot that can crit.
    3. BrP DW allows changes blade cloak, an ability that mitigates 20% of all aoe damage, to not only increase all your damage done by 6%, but also reduce damage you take from all sources by 6%. This allows you to stay right up on a target that, would otherwise be a death sentence to stand by, and do more damage doing it. And because it stays on you, rather then on the ground, you don't need to recast it for a mobile boss fight, or new add wave making it indirectly great for sustain.
    Options