The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Troll behavior ? or something network trouble ? in the group dungeon

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭

One day, I saw the strange players in the group dungeon. That strange player kept standing in front of boss,
and didn't work at all. At a first glance, I thought that player suffer something network trouble, but actually not.
Keep loitering at the edge of the boss room, and just watch the combat and do nothing.

What is that? bug? or just bad guy was doing troll behavior?
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like someone being a jerk, it happeneds from time to time when the group does things that they dont want to do.
    Ive had it where they stand and watch because you all didnt run through all the mobs or jump down a certain short cut or something.
    its like they are trying to make a statment. You probs have no idea what triggered them but that would be my guess.
    I usually just vote to kick them out the group.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like someone being a jerk, it happeneds from time to time when the group does things that they dont want to do.
    Ive had it where they stand and watch because you all didnt run through all the mobs or jump down a certain short cut or something.
    its like they are trying to make a statment. You probs have no idea what triggered them but that would be my guess.

How to vote and, and kick out bad guys? Cuz, I've never done it.
    (Basically, I respect team member. But if it's very necessary, I must do it.)
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One day, I saw the strange players in the group dungeon. That strange player kept standing in front of boss,
    and didn't work at all. At a first glance, I thought that player suffer something network trouble, but actually not.
    Keep loitering at the edge of the boss room, and just watch the combat and do nothing.

Trolling, would be my first guess. I had a PUG tank in Spindleclutch that did that on the final boss. Tagged the boss then ran to the corner and watched. Can't kick them, either.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How to vote and, and kick out bad guys? Cuz, I've never done it.
    (Basically, I respect team member. But if it's very necessary, I must do it.)

Open the group menu, and (on PC at least) you can right click the character name and select to initiate a vote kick.

The two other players both have to agree to kick in order for it to go through. They get a pop up message "A vote kick has been started for player XXXXX. Do you wish to remove them?" something like that. It doesn't say who initiated the kick.
    Edited by Fennwitty on December 20, 2021 2:01AM
    PC NA
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there is 1 random and 2 pledge dungeons per day. HM pledges give double rewards for the same work. People usually ask for HM and request boss reset if HM wasn't activated. If the other 3 players totally ignore HM request, should the player just quit the team?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be some who got an phone call or similar and is semi AFK, troll is most likely if it been an argument or wipes.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it were network issues, the player would eventually gray out and say "Offline." This is troll behavior.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ixthUA wrote: »
    So there is 1 random and 2 pledge dungeons per day. HM pledges give double rewards for the same work. People usually ask for HM and request boss reset if HM wasn't activated. If the other 3 players totally ignore HM request, should the player just quit the team?
    This is another very relevant one, even if not today pledge you can have two friends with yesterday pledge.
    Its also pretty common for people to forget about HM.
    Its however pretty common to request HM or ask for an wipe if people forget.
    Note that some players might forget this and mess up like none daedrots can die in BC2, it need to be 3 alive then boss dies.
    Some also want to do the HM mechanic in normal for reasons. Yes BC2 is just fun :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had two idiots do that in vArx HM a while back while fighting the final boss.
    I had to fight the boss alone as a tank as the 4th guy saw these guys refusing to get involved and left the party.
    Just idiots who want something for nothing.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone say anything in chat?

In a different game I had formed a raid where we had some pugs. We were killing some trash when I noticed one of the pugs was mounted. I commented and they stated it was just trash. With the next group of trash they were still mounted so I kicked them out. I have patience for players learning and making mistakes but not for laziness.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    This is another very relevant one, even if not today pledge you can have two friends with yesterday pledge.
    Its also pretty common for people to forget about HM.
    Its however pretty common to request HM or ask for an wipe if people forget.
    Note that some players might forget this and mess up like none daedrots can die in BC2, it need to be 3 alive then boss dies.
    Some also want to do the HM mechanic in normal for reasons. Yes BC2 is just fun :)
    Sometimes people just ignore requests in chat. I think quitting team is the right decision is such case.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a connection issue once in one of the newer dungeons and could literally do nothing but run around and stay out of red. I couldn't port out or log out, I told the group and they just carried us through. None of my skills worked. It's only happened once but does happen.
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    I am seeing this more often than not. Is it people expecting a carry or trolling? Probably both.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am seeing this more often than not. Is it people expecting a carry or trolling? Probably both.

If the one parked in the door is a low level it also seems people have taken to bringing a "friend" (where friend is probably not so much a friend but just parking a second account at the door) to avoid the DLC dungeons when farming randoms.

Almost certainly a ToS violation if so.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this time i requested hard mode 3 times in chat, team totally ignored, i just left team, 11 minutes wasted.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Trolling, would be my first guess. I had a PUG tank in Spindleclutch that did that on the final boss. Tagged the boss then ran to the corner and watched. Can't kick them, either.

you can do vote kicks while in combat, but the UI is just dumb with this because the notification wont be like displayed on screen, you have to actually open the notification menu and accept it from there (very easy to miss the vote because of this if you arent paying attention, the only indication you get is the glowing notification bubble on the chat, but if you already had pending notifications or didnt have your chat open at all, then easy to miss)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014