The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamdk no proc cyrodiil discussion

OBJnoob
OBJnoob
✭✭✭✭✭
Hopefully this turns into a thread where everybody interested can talk about their stamdk gear skills and strategies. I’m going to start things off with my current build though and asking for advice or comments. I’m a returning player who took about a year break and now have been back for about a month…. got most of the rust off, playing a character (stamdk,) I’m very familiar with, and feeling pretty tough in cyrodiil. Mostly I just want to bounce my build off the community and make sure I’m not missing something obvious… because while I’m proud to say I can stand competently toe to toe with almost everyone… that isn’t to say that I always win.

Okay so I know I’ll need to give details if I want any help… let’s see if I can make this not incredibly long…

Nord. Warrior mundus. Lava foot soup and saltrice (max stam and recovery.)

5m 2h armor, ancient dragon guard on body, balorgh shoulder and witch-knights defiance helm, neck, 1 ring, 2h maul (5 piece front bar,) 1h mace (4 piece backbar,) with trainee shield. Malacath band as last ring.

So you can imagine my damage is decent… infused dmg jewelry, With continuous attack buff and 2h weapon (nirnhoned maul btw,) I’ve got like 7.5k weapon damage for healing and 8k directed to a target with a poison effect on them.

My sustain is pretty garbage… like 1400stam recov and the others aren’t worth mentioning. I eat tri-pots like candy and d-leap everything.

Defense is better than you’d think. Nord, dk, shield, good healing power and healing percent modifiers. Temporal guard as passive bb ultimate and revealing flare on the front bar for major protection. Self buffed I wanna say something like… 27 or 28k resistances back bar and 25 or so front.

Back bar skills: shuffle, hardened armor or whatever it’s called, vigor, igneous, cauterize, Ulti temporal guard
Front bar skills: poison breath or whatever lol, revealing flare, rally, dizzying swing, executioner, Ulti Dleap.

Overall: using revealing flare is a decent way to pretend to be tanky I think… Im sure many of you already realize this. I thought I was kinda clever to put it on front bar though…. FB and BB damage is now more normalized and I can stay offensive longer. I manage the sustain “pretty good,” but seriously do eat tripots like candy. Bad and decent players who can’t kite out of my range basically get 3 shotted every time. Like there’s no difference between them. Good players struggle to kill me but I mean it’s been done. More than I like. Sometimes I figure they’re just better than me… no big deal… I shoulda dodged here or should’ve blocked here… thought I bar swapped but it didn’t go. Often times its a stalemate, and this is the hump I’d like help getting over. The times when I wish I had more bar space, you know? I fought this werewolf 1v1 in a tower until for like omg… without exaggerating let’s say 3 or 4 minutes… until we decided we couldn’t kill each other and he ran off probably cuz he was about to transform back… and I was so tired of watching myself dizzy swing I almost puked. I wish I could put the poison claw on my build somewhere ANYWHERE I really think it’d push my pressure over the top while even adding a bit of sustain. I noxious breath everything to give fracture and also activate witch-knights but I don’t think it’s a very good way to apply the poisoned status effect.

Sorry so long! Let me know what you think! All advice is welcome but I will tell you I don’t have the gaze of sithis or the dark brotherhood chapter.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ((Scroll to the bottom as I forgot this was a no-cp discussion))

I'm not much of a stamDK player but I recently tried making a build for it with.... mixed results. My issue seems to be tied to self healing. I might need to change Echoing Vigor to Resolving Vigor, and the reason for Echoing was I tried to copy over my magDK playstyle onto Stam, but since Green Dragon Blood is a missing health heal over a flat spell and Magicka scaling heal it doesn't quite have the same effect. It's not the same as the Radiating Regeneration + Coagulating Blood combo I'm so familiar with.

Werewolf does seem to work really well on a Breton stamDK though since the Breton passives aid with Magicka and Magicka regeneration. Makes the max health heal more reliable imo, but due to all the bonuses to stamina I've built into it's not a silver bullet to the issue. However, werewolf with Zaan, Unfathomable Darkness, 1piece trainee, 3 pieces of Clever Alchemist, and Death Dealer's Fete turned out to slap down some ridiculously powerful Templars if you are very quick and decisive about it. Issue is sustain.... Cause even with an infused poison glyph on the bar you use for werewolf it's not enough to actually keep up with the demands.

As you probably gathered I'm using back bar Clever Alchemist, front bar Unfathomable Darkness, Death Dealer's Fete mythic, and the Zaan set on my StamDK. It's not the best and I should probably go Balorgh over Zaan, change out Echoing for Resolving Vigor, and figure out what to replace Unfathomable Darkness with.

Edit: and I just realized this is no proc, my bad lol. Yeah, don't follow what I just typed above XD

I guess you could look into the Spinner's set. It will provide you with Magicka for your stamDK heals, some weapon damage, and a lot of physical penetration.
    Edited by Vevvev on December 11, 2021 7:06PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cp or no cp resolving vigor is definately the way to go you’ll love it once you get it. And if you’re struggling to make good use of green dragon blood maybe try cauterize if you aren’t already. I think what helps stamdk self healing good is that we can spec more into weapon damage than penetration because of our minor brutality we benefit more. Just gotta get the right rotation, maybe block cast a thing or two, and don’t forget to have your other defensive buffs up cuz that’s like 40% more healing also. Breton is definitely a good way to maintain that magical usage I think… nord helps in a similar way actually.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To up sustain on your build, potential options in no CP might be:

Running dual wield front bar: One sharpened, one charged. Charged is the key here to increase chances of applying status effects, so you can re-apply poisoned status effect on your target for better sustain via combustion passive. Maybe even a poison damage enchant on one of the weapons.
    Mix of cost reduction with regeneration enchant. On my toons if I run sustain glyphs 1 cost reduction and 1 regeneration tends to work well for me
    Running weapon poisons as opposed to enchants on stam DK might be good idea too, especially if you run charged. Weapon poisons with poison damage on them have a chance to apply poisoned status effect which will proc combustion and with a charged weapon you up the chances of re-applying poisoned to get 1k stam

On DK how well you can abuse the combustion passive will effect how good your sustaining will be. Even on stam DK using whip instead of D-swing I can sustain it because I have a high proc chance on burning, I dont even use sustain glyphs at all or even sustain food. If you can do the same with poisoned status effect you can sustain without running any type of sustain glyphs or food
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on December 12, 2021 3:35PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I’m not currently using the updated combustion passive much, it’s pretty much the glaring flaw with my build. I like your suggestions— don’t think I can make dual wield work with this setup but poisons are a good idea.

New topic: I’ve been saving up some shalks exoskeleton pieces to put on a low level magdk toon I got… but looking at it, now that they pretty much homogenized set bonuses for spell and weapon damage…. Wouldn’t this be a great set for a stamdk also? Correct me if im wrong but I think it goes max health, weapon damage, crit, 165 weapon damage + minor heroism at all times.

Keeping in mind this is for no cp no proc cyrodiil lol
  • RockMuscleGaming
    just run 6 medium 1 heavy armor and 1 reinforced body heavy the rest 6 medium
    serpeant mundus
    storm helm
    bloodspawn shoulders
    and use fortified brass set on body dps sets jewelry and weap
    back bar up to you
    put recovery glpyh on jewelries 1or 2 jewelry and rest weap damage
    2h maul for penetration and if you gonna pvp heavy o bg or non cp always bring pots and food dubious camoran throne
    Edited by RockMuscleGaming on December 18, 2021 11:47PM
  • RockMuscleGaming
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Hopefully this turns into a thread where everybody interested can talk about their stamdk gear skills and strategies. I’m going to start things off with my current build though and asking for advice or comments. I’m a returning player who took about a year break and now have been back for about a month…. got most of the rust off, playing a character (stamdk,) I’m very familiar with, and feeling pretty tough in cyrodiil. Mostly I just want to bounce my build off the community and make sure I’m not missing something obvious… because while I’m proud to say I can stand competently toe to toe with almost everyone… that isn’t to say that I always win.

Okay so I know I’ll need to give details if I want any help… let’s see if I can make this not incredibly long…

5m 2h armor, ancient dragon guard on body, balorgh shoulder and witch-knights defiance helm, neck, 1 ring, 2h maul (5 piece front bar,) 1h mace (4 piece backbar,) with trainee shield. Malacath band as last ring.

So you can imagine my damage is decent… infused dmg jewelry, With continuous attack buff and 2h weapon (nirnhoned maul btw,) I’ve got like 7.5k weapon damage for healing and 8k directed to a target with a poison effect on them.

My sustain is pretty garbage… like 1400stam recov and the others aren’t worth mentioning. I eat tri-pots like candy and d-leap everything.

Defense is better than you’d think. Nord, dk, shield, good healing power and healing percent modifiers. Temporal guard as passive bb ultimate and revealing flare on the front bar for major protection. Self buffed I wanna say something like… 27 or 28k resistances back bar and 25 or so front.

Back bar skills: shuffle, hardened armor or whatever it’s called, vigor, igneous, cauterize, Ulti temporal guard
    Front bar skills: poison breath or whatever lol, revealing flare, rally, dizzying swing, executioner, Ulti Dleap.

Overall: using revealing flare is a decent way to pretend to be tanky I think… Im sure many of you already realize this. I thought I was kinda clever to put it on front bar though…. FB and BB damage is now more normalized and I can stay offensive longer. I manage the sustain “pretty good,” but seriously do eat tripots like candy. Bad and decent players who can’t kite out of my range basically get 3 shotted every time. Like there’s no difference between them. Good players struggle to kill me but I mean it’s been done. More than I like. Sometimes I figure they’re just better than me… no big deal… I shoulda dodged here or should’ve blocked here… thought I bar swapped but it didn’t go. Often times its a stalemate, and this is the hump I’d like help getting over. The times when I wish I had more bar space, you know? I fought this werewolf 1v1 in a tower until for like omg… without exaggerating let’s say 3 or 4 minutes… until we decided we couldn’t kill each other and he ran off probably cuz he was about to transform back… and I was so tired of watching myself dizzy swing I almost puked. I wish I could put the poison claw on my build somewhere ANYWHERE I really think it’d push my pressure over the top while even adding a bit of sustain. I noxious breath everything to give fracture and also activate witch-knights but I don’t think it’s a very good way to apply the poisoned status effect.

Sorry so long! Let me know what you think! All advice is welcome but I will tell you I don’t have the gaze of sithis or the dark brotherhood chapter.
    OBJnoob wrote: »

if you cant sustain you cant win"
    i main stam dk and i use to pvp in non cp with my guildies
    Head:Stormfist Monster helm (medium)
    Shoulders:Bloodspawn Monster set (medium)
    Body 5 set go medium i sugest to get crit and stam recovery passives also the movement speed never go heavy on non cp or else your losing that crit and damage
    since they change non cp to no proc this build is the best use advantage of fortified brass or Trial by fire craft it or find a friend to craft it with 5 traits medium body and 2 will fitted and rest impen "spriggans for penetration,shacklebreake for more sustain and base stats,or hundings rage for more crit and damage whatever you prefer and on jewelry-2 stam recovery glyph 1 weapon damage all infused trait.(why) because screw stacking weapon damage youre just gonna die if you cant sustain or keep your defensives up we talking about no proc non cp.weapons 2h sword or maul
    for the back bar i suggest going bow or sword and board
    bow is for extra crit and movement speed
    sword and board if you block a lot with sturdy trait shield go powered or defending on mainhand
    for bow go defending or crit resis critical riposte bow or whatever gives u 2 set bonus armor
    Edited by RockMuscleGaming on December 19, 2021 1:45AM
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always run with immov pots and use tri pots when magicka is needed. Sustain isn't a problem if you can avoid having to break free imo

[ Max stamina build, deep slash spammable)
    Draugr hulk and impregnable

shield bar - reverb bash, noxious, deep slash, vigor, frag shield (defensive ulti)
    2h bar - voltatile armor, venomous claw, executioner, foward mometum, cauterize (dragonflight)
    5 medium 2 heavy impregnable/draugr hulk/ Pirate skelly heavy helm, domihaus
    Tower Mundas - stamina trait jewerly

Or I switch out draugr hulk for deadly.

[ DW/2h/wild hunt ring.]
    Deadly armor and impregnable armor
    DW bar - blade cloak, noxious breath, blood craze, vigor, flames of oblivion - pjisic order ulti
    2h bar - voltaile armor, venomous claw, executioner, rally, fossilize - whatever ulti works for you

Use 1 nirnhoned dagger and 1 precise dagger, thief mundas ( more crit the better ) Replace 1 monster piece so you have 5 piece both bars and use wild hunt ring. Crit chance is mainly stacked for heal crits, so use your DW bar defensively.

Mix match your glyphs how you like for sustain. I usually go one infused reduced stamina cost, and the rest weapon damage.
    Same with stats, sometimes 5-20 points into health is good too. And for food always Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch or jewels of misrule. Gives great sustain all around and a good health increase. Any race works.

Edited by Udrath on December 19, 2021 6:19AM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good ideas all of them… I’m curious how your guys’ dks run for you. I understand what you’re both telling me and I understand how it’s viable/smart but I think it’s focused very specifically on me having said my sustain is bad.

My sustain being bad is kinda on purpose… it’s not a good thing but since my dk runs pretty well I’m considering it an acceptable compromise.

Basically I think you just have to compromise and know what it is that you want out of your character. My bad sustain is only really an issue if I’m fighting outnumbered. But X’ing isn’t really my goal. For one thing Xbox NA Ravenwatch is pretty sparsely populated… most people know most people. There’s the good, great, and decent players… which frankly I’m just not good/patient enough to X (plus I don’t think a no cp stamdk really has a great toolkit for kiting anyway,) and then there’s the bad players that…. Well, no need to plan a build against bad players.

So what my character is built for is to 1v1 good players and/or provide a real and meaningful burst contribution to a good group -v- good group conflict.

Which…. So, as an example… say I were to wear 1pc stormfist 1 piece bloodspawn and 5 pc fortified brass. Okay cool. My sustain is pretty good. I’m tanky. But now my D-leap hits for 5k instead of 10. Instead of winning 7 out of 10 1v1s I stalemate ALL of them versus other good players. Why? Because they’re probably wearing fortified brass as well lol.

A lot of good players really value being tanky. They value not dying to other good players. Makes them feel tough… makes them feel skilled. Don’t die… don’t get clipped… no way of proving who is actually better. Those players, when they realize a duel is stalemating, will turtle up… heavy attack while keeping their defensive rotation alive… wait for you to run yourself out of resources and maybe kill you that way. Cuz it’s the only way they will— despite their skill. Now if I were to do the same thing as them? Then that completes the stalemate. But I don’t want to stalemate. It’s boring to me. So I try to play a character and a style that pushes the envelope a little more. And subsequently? I die more. But I kill more to. So then after 10 fair fights they won 2 and lost 0… I maybe lost 4 and won 6. And they have a better record than me but I can beat 6 of them… if that makes sense?

Anyway… just a little bit about my game philosophy. I would like to up my sustain a bit but with a small tweak. Change my mundus and that’s it. Change 1 jewelry enchant and that’s it. Find a way to use the combustion passive better and that’s it. I don’t want to do ALL of it… that would change my build too much.

But so to turn the tables now… those of you thatve been taking part in the discussion… what are your thoughts and priorities on winning/losing/stalemating and 1v1ing/X’ing?? What sort of encounters does a fortified brass stamdk with 2k stam recovery excel at?