The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has anyone successfully farmed the Big-eared Ginger Kitten pet?

Thepeug
Thepeug
✭✭✭
Decided to try to get this one for fun, but the RNG is just brutal! I got one drop during my first ten minutes in Karnwasten, but have gotten absolutely nothing in the five hours since (I've been farming in here while queuing for group dungeons).

Given the exceedingly low drop-rate of the necessary pieces, I'm wondering if any of you had the persistence (and the insanity!) to farm the whole thing. :D
Leeching Plate ftw
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It took a very long time, but I did finally get it.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I did manage to grind it out and get it lol along with the psijic glowglobe emote. Took quite a few hours in each dungeon but I got quite a bit of gold from the grind or selling any pieces of the fragments I already found on the market. Your best bet might be when you're over half way done to just swap fragments in the market if you find repeat ones. Sell the repeat and buy one you don't have. It will make it go faster.
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got that one - farmed first five pieces in Karnwasten, farmed rest on guildtraders. It was taking ages. Still better than farming 50 Scaly Cloth Scraps in Silent halls. Elder Scrolls 6 will be out before I've got that costume :/ .
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say a month of 2 hours of farming for 3-4 days most weeks, and even then had to buy the last item
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it a long time ago. What I could not get through RNG I paid for in gold.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't remember if I bought any parts or not.
  • Malfious1986
    Malfious1986
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the Stone Husk, I have all the public dungeon stuff. I found little and often worked, usually when in a Dungeon queue or something
    Part of the PS4 EU Guild ESO - Expendable Heroes. Check out our Facebook Page! PSN Lord_Malfious
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only have one scaly cloth scrap, and but a handful of husk bits.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found several of the fragments by grinding for them, but I eventually just bought the ones I was still missing.

Note that the fragments can drop from any of the mobs, not just from the bosses, so be sure to kill and loot everything.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 2 items I needed after 4 months of grinding for them, it is cute, BUT very very TINY
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've not really tried to actively farm any public dungeons in a long time. They're just not worth the effort imo.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I waited until I got 7 pieces in total, then traded any duplicates for pieces I still needed. It was easier when Summerset first came out and lots of people were farming the content. There are probably not many people in Karnwasten to trade with now that Summerset is a few years old.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thepeug wrote: »
    Decided to try to get this one for fun, but the RNG is just brutal! I got one drop during my first ten minutes in Karnwasten, but have gotten absolutely nothing in the five hours since (I've been farming in here while queuing for group dungeons).

Given the exceedingly low drop-rate of the necessary pieces, I'm wondering if any of you had the persistence (and the insanity!) to farm the whole thing. :D

Yes farmed it twice a long time ago. Kept one and sold the other.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not really tried to actively farm any public dungeons in a long time. They're just not worth the effort imo.

I farmed for the collectibles in Vvardenfell's two public dungeons, but I'm pretty sure I ended up buying the missing fragments from those, as well. Other than buying the ones you need from other players, I think the idea is for players to trade duplicates with each other.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get a group of 12 and farm it together. Roughly 1 drop every 10-15 minutes within the group. After 6 hours you may have enough for 1 full cat.
  • Thepeug
    Thepeug
    ✭✭✭

Yes farmed it twice a long time ago. Kept one and sold the other.

Twice?! Wow, that is dedication. Out of curiosity, how much were you able to sell the extra one for?
    Leeching Plate ftw
  • nenekotanb16_ESO
    nenekotanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I farmed 9 or 10 pieces and then traded with some other people that were farming.

My one advice would be to stop farming when you get a drop. I have a very strong feeling that the drops are on cooldown, and I had much better results when I would just stop farming for half an hour or so (in my case to fish in that same public dungeon).
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got mine a long time ago. RNG seemed better back then.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I farmed 9 or 10 pieces and then traded with some other people that were farming.

My one advice would be to stop farming when you get a drop. I have a very strong feeling that the drops are on cooldown, and I had much better results when I would just stop farming for half an hour or so (in my case to fish in that same public dungeon).

I imagine there is a cooldown of some sort, but probably not for very long, because I've gotten multiple fragments from doing multiple loops through the public dungeon. It's mostly just an issue of RNG-- you might farm for hours and get nothing, or just one fragment, or several fragments. But you should definitely stop farming when you stop having fun playing the content. My general rule of thumb is that if the content isn't interesting or fun enough for me to play through for its own sake, then I'm not going to knock myself out grinding through it for some fragment, lead, choice piece of gear, etc.-- especially if it's something that can be bought from guild traders.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never gotten so much as one part, so I honestly forgot this was even a thing.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I farmed mine, once I got a piece I quit farming for the day and returned on the next day, tended to get a piece most days although it did take a few laps each day to get one
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. It's been a while. It's adorable.

But mostly I went in there with my guildies and we'd trade parts we got that others were missing.
    The Moot Councillor
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have any problem at all getting the parts for the big eared kitty. But I got it in the first couple weeks and I'm pretty sure that drop rates for the parts were much higher then. I wouldn't have gotten it if it was too much of a grind. I do not participate with in game activities that feel like work. That means I don't do any grinding for anything if at all possible. Grinding for stuff takes all the fun out of the game IMO.
  • Thepeug
    Thepeug
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for this advice! It's made a huge difference. Last night, I got one piece within two minutes of entering Karnwasten. I immediately left and PUG'd a 4-man dungeon, then returned and got another drop in five minutes.

Leeching Plate ftw
  • Thepeug
    Thepeug
    ✭✭✭
    Two weeks later, I FINALLY farmed all of the pieces. I ended up with three duplicates, for a total of ten. RNG wasn't terrible, but it was a tedious grind, for sure. Ebon Dwarven Wolf took longer, but at least the scenery varied!
    Leeching Plate ftw
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paid with parts of my soul each time I had a piece drop.
  • Vedova
    Vedova
    ✭✭
    Yeah, have one part to get. One day, but not really going out of my way for it, it will just drop when it drops.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I farmed it from the auction houses.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Thepeug
    Thepeug
    ✭✭✭
    I paid with parts of my soul each time I had a piece drop.

:D:D:D
    Leeching Plate ftw
  • Thepeug
    Thepeug
    ✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    I farmed it from the auction houses.

What are auction houses? Do these differ from guild traders?
    Leeching Plate ftw