Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Siphoning strikes good for healer?

ShadowWolf613
ShadowWolf613
✭✭✭
I play a nightblade healer with a restoration staff. I got siphoning strikes not too long ago. Now when you toggle to activate it. You get magicka and stamina back with head hit from attacking with your weapon. You also get 15% chance to get more or something like that. (Sorry currently not on the game so I'm going off memory.) But it reduces spell damage by 24%. Now I'm not sure if that effects healing or not? Is anyone able to clarify this?
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    But it reduces spell damage by 24%. Now I'm not sure if that effects healing or not? Is anyone able to clarify this?

At max skill lvl its 22% and yes it reduces "spell damage", the misconception is that this results in 22% reduced damage or healing. "Spell damage" is only a part of the total damage formula.

What u will get is around 7-9% heal/dmg reduction, so thats not bad at all!

PS: Btw u can toggle it and the skill tooltips will change accordingly, so check for yourself.
    Edited by Andy22 on April 29, 2014 1:25PM
  • Beeftips
    Beeftips
    ✭✭✭
    Spam heals, activate siphoning strikes, get mana back, deactivate siphoning strikes, repeat as needed
  • Celless
    Celless
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Shadow,

When I toggle Siphoning Strikes on, I notice that the healing value of the restoration staff ability tool tips decreases.

I do not have a combat log add-on, so I could not tell you if this is accurate.
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I'll definitely take a look tonight when im home. and Thanks for the idea beeftips. That would definitely work. But I am wondering if it's a waste or if I should have something else slotted in its place.
  • Beeftips
    Beeftips
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's not a waste. You recover MASSIVE amounts of mana when using siphoning strikes. That 15% chance seems to happen all the time.