Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Bit of a silly question, but ... Sorcerer self healing

JD2013
JD2013
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a question regarding self healing for Sorcerers. What are the best passives/ways etc for self healing for a sorcerer? I am not dying often, in fact I am doing rather well, but for when the content becomes more difficult I am going to need some self healing that does not involve potions.

What is the best way for a destruction staff wielding sorcerer to do this please?
Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
Order of Sithis
The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • matt29070
    matt29070
    Critical Surge for sure, maybe Dark Exchange. My AOE build consists of crit surge, thundering presence, impulse spam. With a decent crit (mine is 36%) I can take on packs of 5+ mobs in light armor and never drop below 75% health, so long as I pay attention and block the heavy attacks that knock ya down.
    Edited by matt29070 on April 29, 2014 1:11PM
  • gimmethecreepsb14_ESO
    summon twilight matriarch will throw some heals your way too. Not a bad soloing heal-pet.
  • Niminion
    Niminion
    ✭✭✭
    Hardened Ward is amazing, at vr1 I think mine is around 750. Shielding also works very well with critical surge giving me time to recover health while the shield absorbs large hits. Medium armored running dual wield almost exclusively for vr content with no problems with groups or bosses.

I don't think I can live without this skill anymore, it replaced deadric armor in my build and I love it. Even when you block vr boss heavy attacks (without a shield) you still take hundreds of damage.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Critical surge is the best self healing the game at the moment when you get decent gear and critical rate. And it scales very good as well, compared to other healing.
  • NukaCola
    NukaCola
    ✭✭✭
    Hold on. Critical surge procs with spells too? Not only with weapon attacks?
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome suggestions. Thank you so much guys!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • matt29070
    matt29070
    @NukaCola yes, crit surge procs with all attacks, even spells and ultimates. It's also really great for the resto staff line, since all the resto spells are in part based off your weapon damage.
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    matt29070 wrote: »
    @NukaCola yes, crit surge procs with all attacks, even spells and ultimates. It's also really great for the resto staff line, since all the resto spells are in part based off your weapon damage.

I have been curious about this..... think you could stack Surge and Rally while a 2H is equipped? I know Rally won't persist through weapon swap unless you swap to another 2H weapon.... but that would be wicked if you could stack them. >.>

P.S. Think of something like Critical Surge + Rally + Execution spam...... Insane damage and self healing.
    Edited by Solomon_Cato on April 29, 2014 5:11PM
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Dark exchange has very limited use in a fight, you better CC everything and then cast because it's a channel and VR mobs will kill you faster than you can heal.