The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

I really wish Shrouded daggers had a bit more damage

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
I know It's dmg is lower because it it's 3 enemies and that's strong in pvp, https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/shrouded-daggers
But it's my favorite spammable in the game, but it ends up being useless compared to all the others...also because you can get major brutality in many different ways, potions, sets, skills, team buffs.
The other morph is focused on pvp https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/flying-blade. instead of being single target damage... but i understand pvp players like it.

It just sucks that this ability has to stay average because of pvp or major brutality.

Silver shards has more damage https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Silver+Shards and it isn't used on pve that much.
Rapid strikes has more damage.
Crushing weapon from psijic has more damage.
Most class spammables have more damage... and for aoe Whirlwind exists.

I really wish, zen could buff this abilities damage by at least 20% , but it will most likely never happen because of arena set also
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue with this skill is that it's a ranged skill that can only be woven in melee range. When you remove the LA damage from the equation, it is going to feel really bad vs any other spammable with a weave.

I have often thought there could be some sort of passive with this skill that increased the range of your DW weapon attacks. Maybe not by a ton, an certainly not to 22 meters, but I bet if it gave you like an extra 3 meters for having this slotted, it would see a lot more use. Even if it was something like increase your range of LAs by X, but reduce their damage by Y. I bet there is a good balance that could be found. It might also help bring more stam into trials if they didnt have to always be in M1-M4 on your standard stack.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on December 6, 2021 7:51PM
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For a brief moment in time earlier this year, this was the spammable for stamblades. It currently is one of the spammables for stam DK. I didn't mind it, but its the length of the animation that was an issue for me. While being instant cast, it took just a bit longer than something like rending slashes.

Just wait a while. It will be back
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a brief moment in time earlier this year, this was the spammable for stamblades. It currently is one of the spammables for stam DK. I didn't mind it, but its the length of the animation that was an issue for me. While being instant cast, it took just a bit longer than something like rending slashes.

Why do people not use the fighters guild spammable, it hits 3 enemys too and has more dmg

is it because of the animation?
    Options
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭

O_o fractions of a second compared to some other spams is bad how?
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think many people would like the skills they use to do more damage. That is until the skill is used against them.
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn't shrouded daggers one of the best choices you currently have on most stamina dds as long as you can flank the boss?
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't shrouded daggers one of the best choices you currently have on most stamina dds as long as you can flank the boss?

Yes you need arena set daggers for it
    Edited by francesinhalover on December 7, 2021 2:54AM
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shrouded daggers should at least deal as much damage as silver shards... right now silver shards has better passives, way less cost, more damage, hits all targets, and isn’t tied to a weapon. Vateshran DW is the only thing making Shrouded daggers any good.
    Options
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @lolo_01b16_ESO
    Most classes actually do better damage with other spammables and sets even with the vVH weapon. It is still not bad, but it is not meta by any means.
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tenryuta wrote: »

For me, ts similar to jabs on a stamplar, where that last hit is just slow/late enough to risk overriding it with another attack and missing the LA weave if you're not accustomed to it. Not a huge issue, of course, but one where you are used to one rotation with one skill then the other comes in and is different just enough to throw you off.
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenryuta wrote: »

For me, ts similar to jabs on a stamplar, where that last hit is just slow/late enough to risk overriding it with another attack and missing the LA weave if you're not accustomed to it. Not a huge issue, of course, but one where you are used to one rotation with one skill then the other comes in and is different just enough to throw you off.

ah, happens a lot when i equip crystal weapon... i skip light attacks :(
    Options
  • ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lolo_01b16_ESO
    Most classes actually do better damage with other spammables and sets even with the vVH weapon. It is still not bad, but it is not meta by any means.

I can do 100k parse with this and Vateshran daggers just using two 5 piece sets (no kilt)... So really with those the skill is pretty solid and great sustain after 50%.. Limiting factor is just the fact you have to flank
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ck37090 wrote: »
    @lolo_01b16_ESO

I can do 100k parse with this and Vateshran daggers just using two 5 piece sets (no kilt)... So really with those the skill is pretty solid and great sustain after 50%.. Limiting factor is just the fact you have to flank

You use dw/dw?
    Options
  • ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭
    ck37090 wrote: »
    @lolo_01b16_ESO

You use dw/dw?

No, bow / dw... Simple rotation
    Options
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they'd buff the base ability, Vateshran daggers would have to be nerfed. As it is, if you're 100% of the time behind the target it is the best spamable AND execute in the game (if you're a templar prob not because will be loosing too many prcs from jabs). But take nightblade for instance, a class with both a spamable AND an execute. Shrouded Daggers will outdamage Surprise Attack starting at about 89% and it will outdamage Killer's Blade pretty much at any time, since it continues to hit harder and harder as the fight goes on.

As per "stamina dps weapons", I've gotten 100k+ with every single combination of weapons other than 2h/2h, meaning you can pair DW, 2H and Bow (backbar only unless double bow) and still achieve insane numbers (kilt being optional).

When it comes to pvp Flying Blade always had a bit of an identity crisis, it is both a spamable, ranged poke and a buff, so its cost is really high to justify all that it can do. I don't really see it as a good pvp skill, for now at least.
    Options