The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Convergence in PvP is still pulling people off and through walls...

AJones43865
AJones43865
✭✭✭✭
...pulling people down off walls, pulling people through walls, and pulling people from way outside it's designated effective range.

[snip] People are using it to troll people off walls and lose their premium siege and through walls from inside keeps.

I figured this is how it would go when I saw how it was performing on the PTS, but I wanted to give it a week plus to see how things played out.

The pull from Dark Convergence is still a game breaking mechanic. The truly sad part is that ZOS has almost certainly decided that they've toned down their epic failure enough to move on to other issues, leaving us with a game breaking mechanic for trolls in a PvP situation.

Dark Convergence is being used almost exclusively to pull solo's into the ball group so they can ulti down the solo players and be even more OP. From day one Dark Convergence has done the literal opposite of what the devs claim they designed it to do, yet it still remains in the game. Every time I see a dark convergence proc it reminds me of what an utter failure the Dark Convergence set is. It is doing the literal opposite of what the devs claim they created it to do, yet it's still in the game.

[edited for rude/insulting content]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 15, 2021 1:36PM
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numerous posts about that, and wild ignorance of it by the Devs. They decided they will keep it that way, so be it.

Your choice as many of of us is either to stop pvp or to swallow this sad pill.

Edited by Lauranae on November 14, 2021 4:27PM
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing on NA GH PC and the use of Dark Convergence is a lot lower than it was before the last change, it is less of an instant "win" in all situations.

I see it mainly used in conjunction with the Necro Graveyard skill and groups seem to be layering DC in the same place to once again cause multiple pulls.

It is easier to avoid than it was and unless well placed it is basically useless.

BUT it should not pull people off walls, it is breaking a basic game element and this should be fixed as soon as possible.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pull is intended lol. That’s the whole design of the set.

I think everyone who does PvP in this game has already mentioned how ridiculous this all is but it seems nothing will change. We’re going on half a year (probably will be longer) with this set in the game.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

I think everyone who does PvP in this game has already mentioned how ridiculous this all is but it seems nothing will change. We’re going on half a year (probably will be longer) with this set in the game.

With the lag and other performance issues they will never be able to get the set to not pull from way outside it's intended range.

I'm still not understanding how someone working as a video game developer could ever think a free pull, that doesn't even have to be aimed or require the push of a button, could ever be a reasonable mechanic in a PvP situation.

The set is fundamentally broken to the point it can't be fixed. That is the relevant point.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

With the lag and other performance issues they will never be able to get the set to not pull from way outside it's intended range.

I'm still not understanding how someone working as a video game developer could ever think a free pull, that doesn't even have to be aimed or require the push of a button, could ever be a reasonable mechanic in a PvP situation.

The set is fundamentally broken to the point it can't be fixed. That is the relevant point.
    Well at the very least it’s still entertaining to read patch notes lol. Most games you read them and get bored. In eso they put jokes throughout and then randomly crazy balance changes no one expected.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is annoying, as you can cast a ground aoe onto the edge of the wall or inner keep balcony and the proc always centres off the edge, making it easy for attackers to pull all the defenders in one go onto the ground, killing them instantly.

It's a terrible design to allow players to completely disable any defence of the keep they are taking!

While the newly nerfed version is not nearly as strong and it's easy to block or walk out of the proc, if the enemy is a zerg, the server can't handle DC proccing every 2 seconds from 10-15 players. You get pulled off the edge, float in the air and THEN see the visual clue of the proc.

This isn't just a tool for trolling anymore, it's now a tactic which is game breaking for PvP sieges. Imagine if you could pull defenders off the walls with DK chains? It would be abused to no end. I thought there was a reason for nerfing the range of javelin, flame clench etc?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence has become a strictly ball group troll everyone set. It's doing the literal opposite of what the devs claim they designed it to do.

-it's still pulling from way outside it's designated range
    -it's still pulling through walls
    -it's still pulling people off siege
    -it's still pulling people off third floor and out of keeps
    -it's still free and brainless proc

if I were a dev, if it were me, I'd get that reminder of my epic failure out of the game ASAP. Generally speaking it's not smart to leave a bunch of reminders of how bad you've failed all over the place for people to see.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence has become a strictly ball group troll everyone set. It's doing the literal opposite of what the devs claim they designed it to do.

if I were a dev, if it were me, I'd get that reminder of my epic failure out of the game ASAP. Generally speaking it's not smart to leave a bunch of reminders of how bad you've failed all over the place for people to see.

Maybe they are trying to distract people away from the fact that absolutely no real performance efforts has been made other than limiting the pop?
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still also solo bombing players, even those pushing 30k health.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only shocking thing about this statement is that there are people in Cyrodiil who aren't pushing 30k health. :o
    Edited by neferpitou73 on November 23, 2021 6:22PM
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence is ONLY used by ball groups now. As someone mentioned, several people in the ball group layer their DC so that you get pulled, roll out then get pulled right back in.

Then they synergize gravity crush plus various stuns and top it off with Necro Colossus and Vicious death. HUGE damage, but the pull that makes it happen is free!!

Its a JOKE really, a sad joke about a set designed to address ball groups now only used by ball groups.

It is now a total crutch for some groups.

At the very least, if you are pulled, you should be immune to being pulled again for (X) seconds.

But what they need to do is just delete this set.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • SigmarusWyrmborn
    I used to have 18 lancers and lost about 12
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necros are still running it to harmony gravestone and ult people. All that crap lags you out and break free doesn't work half the time. They know it or they wouldnt be using it. Broken set, still.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they nerfed the good parts of the set, but left in the biggest pain point: pulling people off and through walls. But is anybody really surprised at this point? Their track record for fixing broken mechanics speaks for itself.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Yeah they nerfed the good parts of the set, but left in the biggest pain point: pulling people off and through walls. But is anybody really surprised at this point? Their track record for fixing broken mechanics speaks for itself.

Dark Convergence is an exclusively ball group troll set now. It's just absurd.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget that you can buff the damage of this set with Malacath, Deadly Strike, Necro passive, CP, and many other ways. People that get high damage death recaps from DC got hit by people who build specifically to increase the damage.
  • AngryOldMan
    AngryOldMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hav lost hope and arent PVP-ing atm. One single set completly ruined PVP for non-troll players and the devs just find new excuses to keep this utter failure in the game. Guilds that left because of this will never come back. This guilds where good PVP-ers who had lots of training together, but it dont matter anymore. I guess PVE is the way to go in ESO now, there i can run solo without being rubberbanded between 12 AOE's.

I love(d) PVP-ing, now its just sad
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I played many deathmatch rounds in BGS for achievments and this set is just so awful. Tanky player just do nothing but stand in big groups of players and wait for his set to do all the work. Of course set itself is not so deadly but it's completely breaks flow of fight between serious players and it's just annoying as hell. It's pure troll set which only breaks things and don't give real value for gameplay...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭

But but I thought it was made to combat zergs lol
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamma71 wrote: »

But but I thought it was made to combat zergs lol

Hard to consider people standing on roofs pouring oil and firing lancers as zerglings.... yet these are still the folks most affected by this set. I got pulled off my ballista on a postern wall and out of the outpost by it just last night.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is this actually still broken? Truly amazing
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it’s also still pulling people outside of its visual range. Maybe it will be fixed by the time TES6 comes out.