Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Freezing,lagging, and stutters- weren't dedicated servers going to happen?

BodhiLady
BodhiLady
Soul Shriven
I play Cyro every day and every day I freeze up to dashboard when capturing keeps(all the lost proofs, ugh). It almost only happens at that point. The lag happens constantly, the stuttering is almost as bad as the lag.
I got into Cyro right around the time of the Deadlands, and distinctly remember hearing that dedicated servers were coming. It's been a year- got any news, updates on this?
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish so for it has been more or less the same thing with the lag since the launch. Can I truly say that the lag will be gone or there will ne new servers? Honestly, no.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Their performance issues are also creeping into PvE quite steadily. Maybe once that's more unplayable they'll finally do the upgrade.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BodhiLady wrote: »
    I play Cyro every day and every day I freeze up to dashboard when capturing keeps(all the lost proofs, ugh). It almost only happens at that point. The lag happens constantly, the stuttering is almost as bad as the lag.
    I got into Cyro right around the time of the Deadlands, and distinctly remember hearing that dedicated servers were coming. It's been a year- got any news, updates on this?

Oh, my sweet summer child...
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadlands is super buggy on console. Still getting login problems to this day, have to try logging in about 5 times before I actually get in game. Stuttering again(haven't had that since blackwood launched), lag when I see one person. Idk if it's just me but Deadlands has been really really buggy on console
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • BodhiLady
    BodhiLady
    Soul Shriven
    BodhiLady wrote: »

Oh, my sweet summer child...

I know...hope springs eternal I guess.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Their performance issues are also creeping into PvE quite steadily. Maybe once that's more unplayable they'll finally do the upgrade.

IDK if creeping is the right word, they seem to have entered full force over the last 2 updates. Busy zones and trials seem to have become a nightmare of lag and disconnects, at least for everyone I know.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

IDK if creeping is the right word, they seem to have entered full force over the last 2 updates. Busy zones and trials seem to have become a nightmare of lag and disconnects, at least for everyone I know.

Honestly, you're 100% correct.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Server improvements are the only 'test' ZOS has not tried.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the end of year letter, Matt Firor did say that their hardware upgrades got hit with the same supply chain issues as pretty much everyone else.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/61335

"The ESO EU and NA Datacenter hardware refresh is ongoing, but our timelines have been greatly extended by the global shortage of computer hardware. To give you all an idea of the impact, some key hardware devices are delayed by one year, most are delayed by 3-5 months. We had intended to have this process complete this year, but it has taken us far longer than we thought it would. This is as frustrating for us as it is for you, trust me – but progress is being made and we will get there."

I mean, if I'm looking at having to replace a single graphics card like 0.o, I can only imagine what trying to replace major datacenter hardware looks like right now.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the end of year letter, Matt Firor did say that their hardware upgrades got hit with the same supply chain issues as pretty much everyone else.

"The ESO EU and NA Datacenter hardware refresh is ongoing, but our timelines have been greatly extended by the global shortage of computer hardware. To give you all an idea of the impact, some key hardware devices are delayed by one year, most are delayed by 3-5 months. We had intended to have this process complete this year, but it has taken us far longer than we thought it would. This is as frustrating for us as it is for you, trust me – but progress is being made and we will get there."

I mean, if I'm looking at having to replace a single graphics card like 0.o, I can only imagine what trying to replace major datacenter hardware looks like right now.

We have been having this conversation since at least a year before COVID existed pubicly. I mean, we should be sympathetic to the claim, but it could easily be another in a long line of claims that turn out to not be accurate. It's past time customers saw some improvements. (as in years past time)
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have been having this conversation since at least a year before COVID existed pubicly. I mean, we should be sympathetic to the claim, but it could easily be another in a long line of claims that turn out to not be accurate. It's past time customers saw some improvements. (as in years past time)

Eh it's one thing to complain about missteps but I don't think they are outright lying which would open them up to lawsuits from investors.

The new servers were supposed to arrive in late 2020 IIRC and obviously anything to do with computer hardware has been significantly delayed. I want them as much as anyone but they can only do so much when components are back logged 6 months to a year or more.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I log in once a month like another forum user here, just to see if anything has improved.

I can tell you, exercising and reading books has been a better use of my time.
  • dalgrimar187
    dalgrimar187
    Soul Shriven
    Everytime i return i remember why i quit.
    Cyrodill server performance is one of the worst in its genre.
    I am sure they make some major savings hosting there servers straight off Ali Express.
    Resubbing to this below average quality is a huge mistake.
    Dont get me wrong, the game itself is great, but the lag is just unnaceptable really.