The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[HMMM] ESO > Diablo 3 ? Compare.... GO

TheCookisMonstar
Just curious why this game cannot be patched to be like Diablo 3.... take the MMO out of the PVE zones... turn them into more of a Elder Scrolls world with option to have friends join your world. Keep Cyrodil the PVP how it is but find a method of balance.

That would have worked.
People would have loved that...
Bots would have hated it
Concentration could have been on PVP issues

*Policing the MMO community since 1997*
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    So you quit the game, now you're making quite ridiculous posts like this...Why?
  • Moyana
    Moyana
    ✭✭
    Didn't you quit already and demand a full refund? Shouldn't you take your naysaying elsewhere?

Edit - Pipped to the post by Kyosji!!
    Edited by Moyana on April 29, 2014 3:31PM
  • nidriks
    nidriks
    ✭✭
    Because it's an MMO, not an ARPG. They're very different games and I'm sure I've read Diablo 3 had its own bot problem. There were numerous reported problems with the real money auction house.

There are plenty of ARPGs that you can play that way. Leave the MMOers the MMOs.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great Idea. It worked great for Swtor. It wasn't labeled a massive flop or anything.
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    Reaper of Souls was an overpriced, uninspired, bland cash grab that should have been a simple $9.99 DLC. And hurray, they finally took out the greedy real-money auction house that they never should have put into Diablo III to begin with. Congratulations, Blizzard.

ESO makes RoS look like it should have been called PoS. :p
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was playing D3 until eso released. If I wanted to continue playing D3 I would have done so. If ESO became more like D3 then I would still play Diablo 3 because Diablo 3 is actually Diablo 3 rather than a clone of Diablo 3.

You left the game because you didn't like it. I play the game because I like it. Why must the game be changed from it's intent because you want it differently even though what you actually want already exists?

If I want a square I will go to Square-Mart if I want a circle I will go to Circle-Mart. But I wouldn't go to Square-Mart and ask them to stop making Squares and start making circles.
    Edited by Armitas on April 29, 2014 5:12PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was playing Reaper of Souls right up until ESO came out. And I haven't gone back (not even when the servers are down). So there's your comparison.