The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I want battleground runner weapon motifs!

Radnuh
Radnuh
Soul Shriven
I can’t seem to get into flag games?!
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join the club! They are about as rare as radiant apex mounts in crown crates :smiley:
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are about as rare as radiant apex mounts in crown crates :smiley:

I'm actually interested in the comparison between the two.

We don't have the official rates for Radiant Apex drop so we'll have to use crowncrates.com which is crowdsourced. Based on my own data for Radiant Apex drops (I've randomed two this year), I can tell you this website is very accurate.

Radiant Apex has roughly 1 in 400 chance to drop and I'm getting Objective Battlegrounds roughly 1 in 100 queues. However, I have not played a single Flag Game because all of my games have been Land Grab.

Flag Game - Capture the Relic, Chaosball
    Land Grab - Domination, Crazy King

50% chance to play Flag Game x 1% chance to play Objective = 1 in 200 chance to play Flag Game

So not quite as rare as Radiant Apex but still pretty dang rare.
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some more fun:

Let's assume we make $15/hr and only purchase the 15 crate pack with crowns bought during a sale.

$90 USD (pre-tax) = 21000 crowns
    15 crates = 5000 crowns = $21.43 USD
    1 crate = $1.43

Our $15/hr job is equivalent to earning 10.49 crates per hour. We'll need to work 38 hours to buy enough crates for a Radiant Apex mount to drop on average.

Now let's take a look at battlegrounds. For easy calculation, let's assume we play 4 battlegrounds per hour @ 15 mins each.

It takes 50 hours of playing battlegrounds before seeing a Flag Game, assuming 1 in 200 chance. (see previous post)

It's faster to work $15/hr to random a Radiant Apex mount from a crate than to play battlegrounds until we get a Flag Game.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on December 7, 2021 2:07AM
    PC NA
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow… I salute your math skills!

Like… seriously!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow… I salute your math skills!

Like… seriously!

Just napkin math. More of an estimate for fun.

Also I'm pretty sure this is like 3rd grade math :smiley:

Edited by SkaraMinoc on December 7, 2021 11:14PM
    PC NA
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s the motivation to even do it that I find impressive. I can’t be bothered to compute for anything outside of my 9-5 job. :wink:
  • Radnuh
    Radnuh
    Soul Shriven
    You’re all amazing lol, I really hope at some point we can select the game we would like to play! I would absolutely love to make a basic tank with wood stick and shield 😂