The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The new stained glass windows for sale on the Crown Store

Elvenheart
Elvenheart
✭✭✭✭✭
I would love to use these windows to replace the plain windows in the Pantherfang Chapel, but their stone frame is grey and doesn't match the stone in the Chapel. So I tried sinking the one window I have, the Zenithar one that came with the Chapel pack, into one of the windows in a way that only the glass would show and the frame wouldn't but just couldn't seem to get it quite right. Has anyone else noticed this issue and been able to successfully hide the frame? I wish we could get versions of these windows without a stone frame, or at least I wish the color of the frame had matched the color of stone in the Chapel. I'll probably have to pass on these because of this issue because if I used them and even a hint of the grey stone showed that's all I would see every time I entered the Chapel :smiley:
Edited by Elvenheart on October 14, 2021 5:09PM
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    Highly unlikely were going to get them without frames.
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I would love to use these windows to replace the plain windows in the Pantherfang Chapel, but their stone frame is grey and doesn't match the stone in the Chapel.
    Jesus, not again. :tired_face:

I'm sooo tired of furniture not matching... The Leyawiin structural items have white walls... but all the Leyawiin houses have gray/brown walls (some with frescos, even), so they look incredibly out of place. Trying to build custom walls at Water's Edge and Sweetwater was driving me MAD. They don't match!!! Aaargh. :lol:

And now, this pack which was basically *made* for chapels is the wrong colour for *the* Chapel we got?
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I put mine in my Sweetwater home, they are longer than the window frames but I'm okay with that ..they fit in nicely and look stunning.

zzy55flujy4o.jpg
    Edited by carly on October 14, 2021 6:16PM
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    55ybny80pgyd.jpg

I did Sweetwater too.

@carly, that does look amazing. They fit so nicely side to side.
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Ok, it takes some work, but if you get the windows in JUST the tight spot you can hide the grey frames in the stone frames of the Chapel windows. Thank goodness, because these windows are too gorgeous to pass up for the Chapel!

EDIT: Although here is something funny, the light shining through the built in stained glass windows still shows coming in at an angle of the floor with the pattern of the built in windows, while the light coming in through the new ones shines down straight on the floor. You CAN turn the windows around to have no reflection from them. Also, outside the chapel, of course all you are going to see is the original windows in the chapel. I tell myself that there’s two layers of glass, the beautiful windows inside the chapel and the normal stained glass on the outside, that is there as an extra layer to protect the specially crafted ones 😃. But if that bugs you, you would have to buy two sets of windows, one for the inside and one for the outside!
    Edited by Elvenheart on October 14, 2021 9:38PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I would love to use these windows to replace the plain windows in the Pantherfang Chapel, but their stone frame is grey and doesn't match the stone in the Chapel.
    Jesus, not again. :tired_face:

I'm sooo tired of furniture not matching... The Leyawiin structural items have white walls... but all the Leyawiin houses have gray/brown walls (some with frescos, even), so they look incredibly out of place. Trying to build custom walls at Water's Edge and Sweetwater was driving me MAD. They don't match!!! Aaargh. :lol:

And now, this pack which was basically *made* for chapels is the wrong colour for *the* Chapel we got?

I would LOVE for someone at ZOS who designs furnishings to actually explain their thought process when it comes to what they decide to do. Because something is almost ALWAYS not right with a piece or it's created to be very very niche and it only works in very specific scenarios. Honestly, it feels straight up cruel sometimes, especially given how much stuff costs. The lack of versatility is astounding.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @carly Damn it I really didn't wanna buy these but now you've got me thinking I should.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maybe the white helps it stand out, like matte in a framed picture
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    I put mine in my Sweetwater home, they are longer than the window frames but I'm okay with that ..they fit in nicely and look stunning.

zzy55flujy4o.jpg

Those are really nice. Now I'm thinking I need some.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Ok, it takes some work, but if you get the windows in JUST the tight spot you can hide the grey frames in the stone frames of the Chapel windows. Thank goodness, because these windows are too gorgeous to pass up for the Chapel!
    That's reassuring, thank you for making this thread and bringing the issue and the workaround to our attention! :smile:

• BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not 100% sure if I like the fact that they are "always on" (as in they do not conform to light physics) but I am willing to forgive it. Let the windows be a touch enchanted.

Anyway, here are the windows in my Pantherfang...

51595874451_01643d0b5c_o.png

51595059007_a614ebf03f_o.png

51596766495_f58975b23a_o.png

51596766275_71615dd17e_o.png

And in my Princely Dawnlight, which I made into a chapel to the eight divines...

51596093983_d3d7db395a_o.png

51596765795_a69cf9f2e0_o.png

51596538424_e944bb3462_o.png

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I am not 100% sure if I like the fact that they are "always on" (as in they do not conform to light physics) but I am willing to forgive it. Let the windows be a touch enchanted.

[snip}

That turned out really nice. I'm for anything that adds more light.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

51595874451_01643d0b5c_o.png

51595059007_a614ebf03f_o.png

51596766495_f58975b23a_o.png

51596766275_71615dd17e_o.png

And in my Princely Dawnlight, which I made into a chapel to the eight divines...

51596093983_d3d7db395a_o.png

51596765795_a69cf9f2e0_o.png

51596538424_e944bb3462_o.png

Beautiful pictures! If you are talking about the light they cast on the floor, I think you can turn them around and the other side doesn’t have the ground glow, but the name at the bottom still reads the right way. And I noticed in Pantherfang the glow on the ground from the REAL windows still shows up even with these windows in place.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I noticed, the windows "glow" when there is sun outside, and their light falls on one side like it were a real window. The vampiric windows from Skyrim glow during the night, and I believe it is the same with the Khajiit Moons stained glass from Elsweyr.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter