The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

how long to get malacath's band of brutality?

MrDenimChicken
MrDenimChicken
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm new to scrying but I wanted to get that malacath band. I see online it says you need to level scrying up to lvl 7 though.

How long will it take to level scrying to 7 and then get the band? Was hoping it would take more than a few hours. Anyone got an estimate?

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can get to scrying 7 in like 4 hours.

Then you need leads. There's RNG to that though. So that could be an hour, could be 4.
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    You can get to scrying 7 in like 4 hours.

Then you need leads. There's RNG to that though. So that could be an hour, could be 4.

thanks a lot for that!
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me a weekend. Maybe 10 hours of gameplay. My RNG was really good on a couple drops.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how many times you get ganked while looking for the Imperial City piece/lead.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    I've been farming IC for a year and got nothing. Wish they would switch it to buying at TV store. It would be more reasonable.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple of ways to level scrying to 7 - one is to just go through each zone doing the green and then green/blue and green/blue/purple leads. The other is to simply mindlessly run in circles in Artaeum digging up the same leads hundreds of times. For the first toon you can do either, the second you are stuck with games flipping between toons to get the skill boost to land on the right one or just grinding artaeum.

The first method also combines well with the equally dumb psijic skill line quest as you have to mindlessly work through each map zone doing both. The only real plus side of the whole badly thought out grind is that you'll get a very large pile of gold from it.
    Too many toons not enough time