The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

an example of minor but superb *subtle* (immersive) writing from ZOS....

NeeScrolls
NeeScrolls
✭✭✭✭
i just finally started Elsweyr 'The Demon Weapon' prologue ( yeah yeah i know, i go slow :/ ) and noticed one of the best most subtle but immersive single-lines of spatial atmosphere dialog from Abner Tharn that i've encountered in ESO (so far) ... So, during the:
'The Halls of Colossus' quest , there is a part within the Halls underground portion whereby you reach a dead-end and must go DOWN into a dark black-hole. Well, i didn't realize i was supposed to wait for Abner to begin a portal for me, so i just went ahead and JUMPED down into the pit...

And then, after loading/falling to the next area , i started walking forward and Abner blurts out in spatial dialog: "You know you could've waited for my portal! Oh nevermind. Let's move on." --- i was legit LOL'ing ... Really nice touch imo. Sorta made Abner feel alive in a way.

Kudos Zenimax to whomever wrote that seemingly "minor" but imho it's those little subtle aspects that create true immersion. And tbqh, not many game-writers, much less QA Teams, would notice such an obscure rare situation to even think to place EXTRA dialog for that specific circumstance. Anyways, /salute ZOS
Edited by NeeScrolls on December 5, 2021 12:35PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leeroy Jenkins!Vestige :smiley: That was a nice detail in the dialogue.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recommend you try waiting, if you do it on another character.
    PC EU