The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What's worst Nightblade or Dragon Knight Healer?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Why do you say so?
Edited by FeedbackOnly on December 4, 2021 11:06AM

What's worst Nightblade or Dragon Knight Healer? 40 votes

Nightblade
20% 8 votes
Dragon knight
70% 28 votes
Other
10% 4 votes
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No clue never seen either :p
    PC NA
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragonknights make the worse healers. Not even really a question.

Stay safe everyone and happy holidays :)
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can theorycraft a "damage shield" healer DK (PTS or build editor at en.uesp.net).

Prayer Shawl + Combat Physician + Fragmented Shield and smear all your group with shields )

afaik Prayer Shawl taregeting only one player, though cooldown is 2 seconds. That should be enough for most vet dungeons. Only one real problem is farm - both sets are dungeons sets, so it can be annoying to farm them.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PVP, DKs make for tanky support healers in an organized group. Even if you just want to PUG around, the extra tankiness is kinda nice.

I, uh, play a PVP DK healer. You can do a lot with the resto staff heals while using your DK skills for survival and CCs. It's not going to be meta in the slightest, if that matters to you. I've still had a lot of fun.

PVE, on the other hand...well, I guess it would be ideal for the sort of healer who inevitably winds up facetanking the boss whenever they get a fake tank in the party. That's about the only situation I can think of where I'd want my DK (and even then, a MagWarden Healer/facetank would do just as well).
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a DK healer, it's great fun. Meta, no but who care and it's quite good in a lower level group without a DK tank.

Sustain is great, can deal plenty of damage and perfectly adequately heal dungeons. As said it's also great for facetanking when you've got a fake tank (as usual)
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both can be extremely effective healers. Depends on how you build them. Each class plays differently, but if you can utilize their strengths, they can preform very well.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Dragonknight healer I don't really have a problem, but I will admit if there is another Dragonknight on the team your usefulness takes a steep nosedive. However, that being said if you can use it right Obsidian Shard is a very long range burst heal! I do hate how nobody stands in Cinder Storm though because it doesn't look happy and inviting despite healing. Cauterize is pretty good to because it's a heal that passively boosts your critical chance which can boost your other heals.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK is more difficult to make it work, but depending on the group, if they want less heals and more buffs or some off damage, then they can both be good.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends who's running them. I'd say DK is harder to keep others up but as self healers they can be incredibly tanky. For keeping others up Nightblade runs better but also less sufficient at self healing so less tanky.
  • Arkew
    Arkew
    ✭✭✭
    since they nerfed malevolent offering into oblivion NB is worse to play than DK XD
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reality is that you can heal the vast majority of content with a resto bar, thus making class irrelevant, if simply healing is your goal. If you are getting into harder stuff, you really don't see either, because at higher levels, healers do a lot more than heal, and other classes do a better job with handing out buffs.

I think NB is a far better class than DK (maybe the best class of all) to build a hybrid DPS/Healer that is capable of handling all 4 man content. With a NB, I can swap the morphs of 3 skills (Funnel, Path, and Orbs), and I can heal pretty much all 4 man content while pulling very high DPS myself. Only a handful of fights where I actually need to swap to a back bar resto staff, and usually, its more about the group I am with than the fight itself.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say in pvp nightblade is much better. In pve neither is great but DK has really potential to be good especially in dungeons if there is no other dk present.