The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's better a Sorcerer Healer or Warden Healer?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Why do you say so?

What's better a Sorcerer Healer or Warden Healer? 82 votes

Sorcerer
2% 2 votes
Warden
85% 70 votes
Equal
7% 6 votes
Results
4% 4 votes
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    man, you really hate warden healers don't you? This is like the 4th post in the last 6 days or something.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on November 22, 2021 9:16PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden, templar and necro all have dedicated healing skill lines but any class can be an effective healer. Play what you like. :)
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the content, I have seen a rise in Sorc Healers as they can provide good group utility. Warden Healers they just do things a lot easier.
    But Warden, Necro and Templars were designed with dedicated healing skill trees. So its not quite comparing Apples to Apple.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    man, you really hate warden healers don't you? This is like the 4th post in the last 6 days or something.

Not really you are mistaken. You just notice anything related to warden. The assessment is fair though. There's is a clear imbalance.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc healer has auto target burst heal, that makes things easier with inexperienced players who like to stand in bad poo (no idea why they like it so much), but this burst is not required to clear vet content.
    Warden will give major resistances, 10% more HP, +15% mag/stam recovery, which are not required, but still better than sorc.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvE Warden

PvP Sorcerer
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In a trial, having a warden healer is kinda necessary for the minor toughness. But for the other healer, sorcs are fine. The burst heals from Matriarch has no LoS, and power surge gives a lot of heals as well. As well as cheaper ulti. Warhorn only costs 213 ultimate vs 250 for warden. In the end, it's up to how the player prefers to play.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on build, playstyle, sets.

I do much better with warden or necro healers, heck even my NB healer does better than my sorc healers, but that seems to be me, and not the class itself.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB healer op #1
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens are better just because of the unique buffs they bring to a team, particularly in trials. They're still a preferred healer in a trials situation for that reason (although Necro healer with the right build is closing that gap).
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    4 player group dungeons: Sorc!

A very strong burst here helps in a lot of cases, especially in non optimized (random) groups and the Sorc has the strongest burst healing skill in the game. You can even heal only with that single skill if you wish to. But the warden just doesnt have any really strong burst heal that doesnt need a double cast (thus being slow). Also it might happen that a 4 player group might not have another sorc, thus profiting from the buffs the sorc has to offer.

Also a Sorc healer can easily provide additional Damage without reducing its efficiency as a healer that much and more damage does make things easier. This might be worth more than buffing the damage of just 2 DDs be a little margin (but this depends on many factors).

Trials: Warden!
    Matriarch doesnt work here to heal 6 or even 12 players up and beside the matriarch the sorc doesnt have to offer much for healing. Also there is probably one or even several Sorc DDs that give already the most important buffs the sorc can provide. Warden DDs are more rare than Sorc DDs so that it is more probable that you are the only Warden in the group also the warden has a [snip] of buffs he can provide, so that you might even need more than 1 warden to apply all of them.

Also the burst heal, even being weaker than the Sorc one, can heal more than 2 people providing a MUCH stronger burst heal for the whole group than the matriarch ever could.

PVP: it depends
    I would say that in battlegrounds sorcs are the better ones, because that burst is just to good and sorc healer can stay alive easier, while still dealing some additional damage. The biggest downside is that the pet can be killed, but many people dont even try to kill it, because it can be just resummoned. It is usually only killed if you are outnumbered. Also prety tanky builds are rare here, so that people need a strong burst, shield or other tactics to stay alive.

But in cyrodil wardens might become better. First because people are more tanky here and profit more of slow but steady healing while they dont need necessarily a burst heal. Second the matriarch will probably quickly die. Third the warden provides group buffs and if you are in a group with up to 12 players this will greatly boost the whole group.

Templars
    I would say that Templars are all around top healers, no matter if it is a 4 player dungeon nor if it is a trial. Good burst healing, good burst heal for more than 2 people, good buffs, good healing over time and they could even be great healers without a healing staff at all. Also in PVP they dont run into the problem that their only heal can be killed. But they are boring.

Necromancer
    Same as for Templars. I think they are even a bit stronger. But they are also different at the same time, instead of providing plenty buffs they provide really good debuffs besides some buffs. The major downside is sustain, thus more difficult to play.

The Rest
    Still worse, except in a few special situations.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 26, 2021 5:19PM
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No option for the obvious best heal class? Of course I mean the Dragonknight!! Providing buffs that all classes have fairly easy acess too! providing armor for themselves!! and last but not least healing you, but with FIRE!!! How could one not wish to indulge in this most exotic affair!!

For legal reasons this is satire 😉
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnerG wrote: »
    No option for the obvious best heal class? Of course I mean the Dragonknight!! Providing buffs that all classes have fairly easy acess too! providing armor for themselves!! and last but not least healing you, but with FIRE!!! How could one not wish to indulge in this most exotic affair!!

As a magDK healer amongst other things a DK healer isn't completely silly when you don't have a DK tank. It's still fairly silly but it's a lot of fun.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont have a single class healing skill on my healing bar as warden, so it's all about buffs. I think any class can heal.
  • Lynxyn
    Lynxyn
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you say so?

They literally just are. There's not much to debate here. Comparing a class with an entire skill line dedicated for support to a class that gets an ability to that's a solid heal that has to be double barred and a passive or two that provide average buffs (that I'm pretty sure dps sorcs provide anyways) and aren't nearly as strong as minor toughness is just a pointless comparison. It's really just not possible for a sorc healer to ever be more meta than a class that actually has a dedicated skill line. That being said you can still clear all content on any class. You just won't get into bleeding edge groups.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EnerG wrote: »

For legal reasons this is satire 😉

You joke but there's literally 1 in top 5 on log all the time.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lynxyn wrote: »
    Why do you say so?

They literally just are. There's not much to debate here. Comparing a class with an entire skill line dedicated for support to a class that gets an ability to that's a solid heal that has to be double barred and a passive or two that provide average buffs (that I'm pretty sure dps sorcs provide anyways) and aren't nearly as strong as minor toughness is just a pointless comparison. It's really just not possible for a sorc healer to ever be more meta than a class that actually has a dedicated skill line. That being said you can still clear all content on any class. You just won't get into bleeding edge groups.

So it's not balanced.
  • caesarvs
    caesarvs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you say so?

So it's not balanced.

...And?

Wardens Healers are "better" (most requested) than Sorc Healers
    MagSorcs DPS are "better" (buff/group wise) than Magwarden
    DK Tanks are "better" (more tanky), lets say, main tanks that Necro Tanks
    Necro Tanks are "better" (nice debuffs) offtanks than DK Tanks
    Sorc Healers are "better" (better burst heals and some group buffs) than DK Healers

Looking at your comment/discussion history, you seem to have some preference in the sorcerer class. So if any other class performs an specific role better than sorc, it makes that class unbalanced?

Class singularities is what makes them fun
    Edited by caesarvs on November 27, 2021 12:51AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    caesarvs wrote: »
    Why do you say so?

So it's not balanced.

...And?

Sorc Healers are "better" (better burst heals and some group buffs) than DK Healers

Looking at your comment/discussion history, you seem to have some preference in the sorcerer class. So if any other class performs an specific role better than sorc, it makes that class unbalanced?

Balance look less better then 84 percent agreeing.

When the best disagreement is you just like that class, we know something isn't right. It's been long enough. Warden class is over performing and it's clear.
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on November 27, 2021 1:15AM
  • caesarvs
    caesarvs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you say so?

So it's not balanced.

...And?

When the best disagreement is you just like that class, we know something isn't right. It's been long enough. Warden class is over performing and it's clear.

No. My "disagreement" was showing to you, with a few examples, ​that different classes performs better at different roles, and there is nothing wrong with that. What is the point of existing classes if all of them played exactly the same? (regarding pve, i can't opine about pvp since i don't play it much)
    Edited by caesarvs on November 27, 2021 2:19AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do you say so?

So it's not balanced.

...And?

No. My "disagreement" was showing to you, with a few examples, ​that different classes performs better at different roles, and there is nothing wrong with that. What is the point of existing classes if all of them played exactly the same? (regarding pve, i can't opine about pvp since i don't play it much)

Sure when they close, but it's no where near that.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a Mag Sorc healer in PvP and I can tell you that Warden healers are way better.
    • Twilight Matriarch takes up 2 slots and only heals 2 players per global cooldown
    • Power Surge is very low healing per second. Almost as bad as Echoing Vigor.
    • Unable to go full HoT build on Mag Sorc due to slot limitations without giving up Earthgore for Chudan.
    • Twilight Matriarch does not heal through walls. HoTs always heal.
    • Twilight Matriarch doesn't heal enough unless Bound Aegis is slotted.
    • Must Dodge Roll and Ball of Lightning to avoid roots and burst damage which uses global cooldown.
    • Unable to use Mag Sorc shields due to slot limitations. They're also selfish and use the global cooldown.
    • No slots available for Combat Prayer without sacrificing Twilight Matriarch healing power or losing a HoT.
    • Kill the Twilight Matriarch pet. gg
    Edited by SkaraMinoc on December 2, 2021 6:41AM
    PC NA
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    I'm a Mag Sorc healer in PvP and I can tell you that Warden healers are way better.
    • Twilight Matriarch takes up 2 slots.
    • Power Surge is very low healing per second. Almost as bad as Echoing Vigor.
    • Unable to go full HoT build on Mag Sorc due to slot limitations without giving up Earthgore for Chudan.
    • Twilight Matriarch does not heal through walls. HoTs always heal.
    • Twilight Matriarch doesn't heal enough unless Bound Aegis is slotted.
    • Must Dodge Roll and Ball of Lightning to avoid roots and burst damage which uses global cooldown.
    • Unable to use Mag Sorc shields due to slot limitations. They're also selfish and use the global cooldown.
    • Unable to use 1H+Shield due to the loss of 9.5% healing (5% from Resto Staff, 4.5% from 1H powered). This makes Twilight Matriarch heal for much less. As a result, Mag Sorc cannot block as efficiently as Warden.
    • No slots available for Combat Prayer without sacrificing Twilight Matriarch healing power or losing a HoT.
    • Kill the Twilight Matriarch pet. gg

It's the class with least healing skills and support
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they removed the pet tree and replaced it with a heal tree, I'd dance a jig, not to play a sorc, but for playing anything else that has to put up with pet sorcs.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden is better, I used to have a sorc healer but once they removed the third bar it wasn't worth it anymore since my main burst heal takes up two slots.