The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Question Regarding Backstabber Perk with the Warden Bear

TeruKisuke
TeruKisuke
✭✭✭✭
Friend and I were just discussing this question and couldn't decide on a conclusive answer. If I have the Backstabber CP perk on, and I activate the Bear ultimate (Guardian's Wrath, the heavy attack), is the boost in damage dependent on my positioning or my pet bear's?

I ask because I can be behind the enemy, but my bear will be in front, and when I activate it, it comes from him, and he can be in any other direction.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    TeruKisuke wrote: »
    Friend and I were just discussing this question and couldn't decide on a conclusive answer. If I have the Backstabber CP perk on, and I activate the Bear ultimate (Guardian's Wrath, the heavy attack), is the boost in damage dependent on my positioning or my pet bear's?

I ask because I can be behind the enemy, but my bear will be in front, and when I activate it, it comes from him, and he can be in any other direction.
    Excellent question and i just did a quick forum search for you but couldn't find a definitive answer (yet) .

My GUESS would be that the game-code measures "backstab proc" as per the player positioning , not ai pet's.

But i haven't tested it yet either. Very interesting question though.

• TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NeeScrolls That's what we kind of assumed too, but there was just enough reasonable doubt that we couldn't say for sure... Pets are always a fun debate on how they function. And the bear is a tad different from Sorcerer pets, since it's an ultimate... I always try to stand behind the enemy, but never really knew if it mattered as far as using my ult when it's up.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a companion with a taunt, hope your bear hits from behind. Bear doesn't taunt like the clannfear.