Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blackreach is just a toxic playground for trolls, just delete it

EmperorIl
EmperorIl
✭✭✭✭
Just remove it already ZOS. All this campaign is anymore is trolls who main Gray Host that when they are bored log into Blackreach to troll and grief. They take the scrolls to the other team or they hold onto them to farm other factions until they reset. Meanwhile no one else can cap it. When confronted they openly admit "not my campaign, dont care". Seriously? One even said he would cap it if we gave him 1 million gold. A lot of this is the same people too.

If you move all camps to non-alliance locked this is exactly what you will get everywhere. So basically if you want any resemblance of a real campaign with actual players you are forced into Lag Host.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I'd noticed a large influx of sweaty Grey Hosters to PCNA Blackreach
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to make IC better. The issue is that pretty much all pvpers are funneled into grey host. And then the overflow /people avoiding lag go blackreach. No cp has a small pop and IC is basically dead 95% of the time.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleting whole campaigns or removing player options as was done in BGs is hardly a solution for anything. There are unsportsmanlike players in any campaign or battleground at times, no? It sucks, but how is deleting it an option? If you think players are better in Grey Host then go there. Since Dark Convergence was fixed (at least enough so it’s no longer DC ping-pong) I’ve been playing Blackreach and Ravenwatch, mostly dependent on where guildies are playing and preferably where the map is contested. It would be great to have more regular populations in all campaigns, but I don’t know how that can be improved. Certainly dropping sweeping changes and OP sets on things doesn’t help. Idk, I have fun in Cyrodiil even though I’m still very much a PVP potato, or so I am reminded when a nightblade two shots me within my own keep! :lol: (No, not calling for a nerf to nightblades — I was on one myself, hah!)
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of spreading players and $$$ resources across multiple campaigns, they should merge br and GH into one server, just like how IC has one no cp and one cp. Pool resources and dedicate man power into having ONE campaign that works instead of what we have now, which are two that have the same exact problems when pushed to cap.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greyhost is the most competitive mainly (score wise), at the moment EP takes the map at one point in the day then AD takes the map at another time and DC gets low pop to stay competitive.

What I have noticed is that players homed on other campaigns also come to GH when their campaigns are dead or have been killed. They don't care about anything other than being pests (sorry looking for good fights) every keep fight now has a group of AD.DC.EP running the walls burning forward camps trolling the siege line for no strategic reason.

Many of these players display the battleground butcher achievement so maybe they have quit BGs because of the changes there?

Not sure what it is but its a new thing that I have only seen rarely since beta, now it is every fight.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of spreading players and $$$ resources across multiple campaigns, they should merge br and GH into one server, just like how IC has one no cp and one cp. Pool resources and dedicate man power into having ONE campaign that works instead of what we have now, which are two that have the same exact problems when pushed to cap.

Disagree, main reason I play BR over gray host is faction locking. I have toons on each faction for whenever one faction server zergs and gates the map, I just play my characters on the losing faction. I don't want to have to faction swap all my characters to one faction to play them. And who's to say that faction I join doesn't just keep map gated 24/7 making it impossible to play? Then there would be no way to PVP other than Ravenwatch (which is a fun campaign but there's no one playing there because it was killed by 1 faction)

Should give people options not limit them(like how Gray host does with faction locking).
    Keep Lag host separate from Blackreach
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

Disagree, main reason I play BR over gray host is faction locking. I have toons on each faction for whenever one faction server zergs and gates the map, I just play my characters on the losing faction. I don't want to have to faction swap all my characters to one faction to play them. And who's to say that faction I join doesn't just keep map gated 24/7 making it impossible to play? Then there would be no way to PVP other than Ravenwatch (which is a fun campaign but there's no one playing there because it was killed by 1 faction)

Should give people options not limit them(like how Gray host does with faction locking).
    Keep Lag host separate from Blackreach

Obviously if there's one CP campaign it would have to be unlocked.

And yes, some GH players would complain, but if their skills actually worked and populations were even, they'd get over it.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol BR NA is a breath of fresh air compared to Raven. People actaully die.
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be really happy to see Blackreach faction locked because not everyone plays the faction they are logged into. So, all kinds of shady crap happens in BR with scrolls and keep flips. This is not a big deal if you just want your transmute stones, but if you actually want your faction to win, it can be quite frustrating. It's tantamount to cheating as far as I'm concerned - it may not violate the letter of the law (or rules in this case), but it certainly violates the spirit. I'd rather see fair play all around instead of a handful of people ruining the game for the rest of us who play the way you are "supposed to" only to have some jerkwad exploit the non-alliance lock feature to get ahead. There are three campaigns and three factions, seems like a no-brainier to faction lock all of them. At least make them buy more accounts to be able to play multiple factions in the same campaign.
    Edited by iRaivyne on December 8, 2021 12:54AM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iRaivyne wrote: »
    I'd be really happy to see Blackreach faction locked because not everyone plays the faction they are logged into. So, all kinds of shady crap happens in BR with scrolls and keep flips. This is not a big deal if you just want your transmute stones, but if you actually want your faction to win, it can be quite frustrating. It's tantamount to cheating as far as I'm concerned - it may not violate the letter of the law (or rules in this case), but it certainly violates the spirit. I'd rather see fair play all around instead of a handful of people ruining the game for the rest of us who play the way you are "supposed to" only to have some jerkwad exploit the non-alliance lock feature to get ahead. There are three campaigns and three factions, seems like a no-brainier to faction lock all of them. At least make them buy more accounts to be able to play multiple factions in the same campaign.

Don't know if you know this but that's why they have two campaigns both faction lock and unlocked. Gray Host already has that option, don't see the reason to force people to play that specific way in more campaigns, when people play solely in BR for that reason.
    Some people play multi-faction because, they want to you know, play the game and some factions don't allow you to do that if they control the campaign. How am I supposed to get my fill of PVP if x alliance is winning immensely and doesn't let the other factions push map? Just log off? Go into IC where it's dead? Play battlegrounds?
    Let people enjoy the game the way they want to, faction locked campaign already exists stop trying to remove people's options from the game.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let people enjoy the game the way they want to, faction locked campaign already exists stop trying to remove people's options from the game.

When those people get in the way of others' enjoyment of the game that is a factor as well. And Blackreach might as well be renamed Trollhaven. If you are going to create an environment that feeds trolls at least police it. As it stands now you can do anything you want in Blackreach to grief others and ZOS couldnt care less.
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about Blackreach PC EU or another Blackreach that is equally bad?
    Blackreach PC EU is really unbalanced. DC is late evening/nightcapping, AD is morningcapping and EP never has groups and is usually non-existent.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for players getting to play in the rulesets they like, which means I support having both a faction locked and unlocked campaign.

I do think it's telling that unlocked Blackreach continues to exhibit the trolling, flipping, and other problems that faction-lock proponents complained about when they first asked ZOS to bring back faction lock. I also think it's illustrative that the players swapping from Gray Host to Blackreach are apparently joining in that behavior once they are allowed to by the campaign.

It really points to the need for faction-locked options for players who prefer that gameplay. Unlocked play has not changed from the set of behaviors that led ZOS to reinstate faction-locked play as an option, so the unlocked campaigns are no more suitable for faction-loyal players than they ever were.

It also points to the need for unlocked campaigns where the players for whom swapping faction to flip the map, odd scroll/keep captures, and other behaviors seen on Blackreach but not in Gray Host are desired features, not bugs.

Frankly, I'd rather have those players in Blackreach where they can indulge themselves. Does Gray Host really need those players forced to join a campaign they don't care about? That seems counterproductive to keeping Gray Host healthy.

I mean, I can't see how forcing people who don't care about their alliance or the score into Gray Host is going to help anyone...
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭

Don't know if you know this but that's why they have two campaigns both faction lock and unlocked. Gray Host already has that option, don't see the reason to force people to play that specific way in more campaigns, when people play solely in BR for that reason.
    Some people play multi-faction because, they want to you know, play the game and some factions don't allow you to do that if they control the campaign. How am I supposed to get my fill of PVP if x alliance is winning immensely and doesn't let the other factions push map? Just log off? Go into IC where it's dead? Play battlegrounds?

I don't know if you know this, but nothing that I suggested means that you cannot play multiple factions in Cyrodiil. How do you think you will you get your fill of PvP if you just just log over to the faction controlling the campaign in the manner you're suggesting?? There will be no one to fight and no move contested anyway. Being on the side that runs over five players with 30 is still not PvP.

I am suggesting changes that will eliminate behavior that has questionable ethics at best and allows those of us who play with integrity to not be at an immediate disadvantage when it comes to the win-ability of our chosen faction. If we're outnumbered with no hope of winning, then so be it, but at least we won't lose because of other players engaging in unsportsmanlike conduct. If you have a better suggestion to that end, I'm all eyes.
    Iriidius wrote: »
    Are you talking about Blackreach PC EU or another Blackreach that is equally bad?
    Blackreach PC EU is really unbalanced. DC is late evening/nightcapping, AD is morningcapping and EP never has groups and is usually non-existent.

PC/NA Blackreach is what I was referring to, though I wouldn't be surprised if all Blackreach campaigns have the same problem. Certain people will exploit any and every loophole they can to get ahead.
    Edited by iRaivyne on March 7, 2022 6:28PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if you know this, but nothing that I suggested means that you cannot play multiple factions in Cyrodiil. How do you think you will you get your fill of PvP if you just just log over to the faction controlling the campaign in the manner you're suggesting?? There will be no one to fight and no move contested anyway. Being on the side that runs over five players with 30 is still not PvP.

I am suggesting changes that will eliminate behavior that has questionable ethics at best and allows those of us who play with integrity to not be at an immediate disadvantage when it comes to the win-ability of our chosen faction. If we're outnumbered with no hope of winning, then so be it, but at least we won't lose because of other players engaging in unsportsmanlike conduct. If you have a better suggestion to that end, I'm all eyes.

pretty sure he was insinuating that he gets on the alliance that is out manned and not the one controlling the campaign....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • tramagirl
    tramagirl
    Soul Shriven
    It is definitely toxic. Like the two factions that joined forces to target ONE guild on the 3rd faction. You know, the one's who follow said guild and it's members around to try and push them out of BR.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tramagirl wrote: »
    It is definitely toxic. Like the two factions that joined forces to target ONE guild on the 3rd faction. You know, the one's who follow said guild and it's members around to try and push them out of BR.

ok Ill bite, elaborate please? Just wondering if this an instance of people thinking that in a 3 sided fight it is 1v1v1 and not always 1v2..which it is and always will be in cyrodiil
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach is the main campaign for almost everyone on Playstation EU at the moment, because Gray Host has been killed by a maintenance in the middle of a PvP event in August. Even with 1 bar red, zero blue and zero yellow the performance is so bad that most people went to Blackreach, just stopped playing ESO or left PS EU for PC NA or PS NA... Nobody ever told us what's going on, but it is still broken. Blackreach is better, but pretty empty too. I already said it a couple of times in the forums and i have to say it again. Cyrodiil on Playstation EU is emptier and more boring than ever before.

I don't care about some groups attacking a keep, fail after half an hour, switch chars to get alliance points for the defense and switch back again to attack another keep. One yellow player is always here when the hammer spawns. He switches to a blue or red char to pick it up, brings it to his yellow friends, switches char again, and they have some fun with the hammer. Or the ballgroup that almost exclusively attacks yellow homekeeps, bullies the yellow server for a few hours and then logs on yellow chars to troll the zonechat.

It all doesn't matter because we don't have enough PvP players left to seriously play the campaign. Nobody cares about a campaign where you get nothing for a win and nothing happens when you lose.

I am glad we still have Blackreach, please don't delete it.
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    no. people go to blackreach when grayhost is unplayable due to lag.
  • tramagirl
    tramagirl
    Soul Shriven
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    tramagirl wrote: »

ok Ill bite, elaborate please? Just wondering if this an instance of people thinking that in a 3 sided fight it is 1v1v1 and not always 1v2..which it is and always will be in cyrodiil

it's the case of most of Dc joining EP to fight against one AD guild and keeping AD gated 24/7 if they can. I thought there was a policy about singling out one person or in this case guild, but since it's been going on for two months now I suppose I was wrong.
  • ELDER_HOFF
    ELDER_HOFF
    ✭✭✭
    Hey BR is still here....too bad this one hero didnt get it cancelled.
    Edited by ELDER_HOFF on February 9, 2023 5:51PM