The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dead watcher - Devs please resurrect him!

StabbityDoom
StabbityDoom
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This... is the saddest thing I've ever seen in ESO.

e4eofob1ycdx.jpg

I respectfully request that you resurrect Wally, the Watcher (Well, at least mine is named Wally). Please. This makes my guild sad. We are currently trying to hide him with kelp and/or pretending he is Schrodinger's watcher.

PC/NA
EHT zealot
streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too late. Looks like the wave function collapsed. And so did the watcher.

It's not so bad. Every morning I feel like Schrodinger's cat.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, thats not Wally, thats Lazy Larry. ;)

But yes, it would have been nice to have at least his eyeballs moving, so that one sees he's busy watching.

Those metallic trees from clockwork city? I was baffled when the one I had in my cellar room suddenly started swaying its branches in an invisible breeze (unlike most ordinary trees that don't) but from a daedra that does not need to feed, a life sign would be expected now and then.
    PC/EU
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, thats not Wally, thats Lazy Larry. ;)

But yes, it would have been nice to have at least his eyeballs moving, so that one sees he's busy watching.

Those metallic trees from clockwork city? I was baffled when the one I had in my cellar room suddenly started swaying its branches in an invisible breeze (unlike most ordinary trees that don't) but from a daedra that does not need to feed, a life sign would be expected now and then.

couldn't he just sorta hover like the jellies?
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • mtbikernate
    mtbikernate
    ✭✭
    what I find odd is that the live ones in terrariums scattered around fargrave seem to be in water
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree, that is so depressing I could never buy it and display in any of my homes.
    :(
    My first thought was that maybe they couldn’t figure out how to keep the watcher floating inside at the right height in a furnishing item that can be moved and placed, but the Remnant of the False Tower antiquity furnishing item has a floating base and a floating crystal.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭

e4eofob1ycdx.jpg

I respectfully request that you resurrect Wally, the Watcher (Well, at least mine is named Wally). Please. This makes my guild sad. We are currently trying to hide him with kelp and/or pretending he is Schrodinger's watcher.
    ++++++++++++++ 1

In fact, this is pretty much [Snip] up.
    did he die of suffocation? or lack of space? given it's size could also be a stillbirth?
    do the guards hunt you after placing this [snip] in your house for animal daedra cruelty?

[Edited for minor profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 15, 2021 11:24AM
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is quite disturbing even though elder scrolls is known for it's twisted darker side of some things. Like who would do this to a small creature even daedric. It's like a child.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's an evil Daedric entity that would try to kill you the first chance it got, it's deserves no sympathy, do not feel sorry for it, instead laugh at how a mighty Daedra was bested by a simple glass casing, it would sooner laugh at you if you were in it's place.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on November 15, 2021 10:36AM
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate all new cases with creatures. Some are still alive, locked in a tiny spaces where they can barely move. Daedra or not - it is disgusting.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The practice of taxidermy takes a trophy animal and displays it in a way that looks lifelike even though it is no longer alive.

I am not sure why you would ever want to display a trophy as a dead lump in a display case.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Design fail
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just add one with a living one. Not change this current one, because it has it uses to some people.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭

e4eofob1ycdx.jpg

Oh, no! Who forgot to feed Wally while guildmaster went on vacation? I demand replacement watcher! (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ReplacementGoldfish)
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still remember animals in cages in Gold Coast dungeon. 🙁 Really don't like Fargrave market displays too.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just found the recipe for this and made one, but I have no idea yet of how or where to display it. Poor thing…
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=