The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do you play Hybrid characters?

• novemberhhh
    novemberhhh
    ✭✭✭
    No
    yeah lemme trade off doing 1 thing well to do 2+ things so badly i'll ask "wHy aRe ThEy kIcKiNg mE frOm dUNgeoNs?/?" lol

and dont get me sarted on "pvpers" spamming bol on their stamplars and funnel hp on stamnbs lmfao
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    yeah lemme trade off doing 1 thing well to do 2+ things so badly i'll ask "wHy aRe ThEy kIcKiNg mE frOm dUNgeoNs?/?" lol

and dont get me sarted on "pvpers" spamming bol on their stamplars and funnel hp on stamnbs lmfao

I love when players get so heated and kick people from groups. I hope that toxicity builds up to a point that they quit the game so overly competitive jerks don't kick casuals from normal dungeons because they didn't have a friend or guidance on how to properly make their build. Maybe they were farming that dungeon for their build in the first place, or leveling up their skills instead of wasting gold on SchemeRea--Skyreach carries.

And PvP is PvP. Some players are literally just getting AP to finish set collections (like me), and can care less if I have impenetrable on my character even. I get kills, and I die too. Let people play how they want. You'll gloat when you kill a hybrid player, but I bet you'd rage when you get killed by one also and probably post here saying they're overpowered.

"It's a game."
    Edited by Syrpynt on November 8, 2021 6:13PM
  • WraithShadow13
    WraithShadow13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I play hybrid builds and it really feels like the game punishes me for it. I'm not a min-maxer, so i hit *maybe* 25k max, because i build for fun, not for doing the insane amounts of damage that some of the players are getting. And the game hates me for it, as do 60-80% of the people in dungeons. I like that they've made a few changes to add to hybrid builds, but again, it just seems like you're going to get punished doing anything but going solo or playing in a dedicated group of players.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I just made my first one to see what it was like with all the changes. A Redguard Dragon Knight. It's really been fun so far and really does feel like a real TES game.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes and btw the decribtion above is wrong imo. If you use both pools mag and stam extensively and have your build set up to do so and invest in both pools, thats a hybrid build imo.

This is what I plan to do when he hits 50/160. Light and medium armor. Both pools are as balanced as they can be too.
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I play hybrid builds and it really feels like the game punishes me for it. I'm not a min-maxer, so i hit *maybe* 25k max, because i build for fun, not for doing the insane amounts of damage that some of the players are getting. And the game hates me for it, as do 60-80% of the people in dungeons. I like that they've made a few changes to add to hybrid builds, but again, it just seems like you're going to get punished doing anything but going solo or playing in a dedicated group of players.

That sounds as frustrating as queueing up as a tank in a dungeon only to get 3 dps that do 25k each that believe it is your obligation to spend 45 minutes in a dungeon, that you could have completed by yourself in 10 if you were a queues as DPS or fake tank.
    "Play your own way goes both ways", you are 100% free to play however you like, and if your team doesn't feel like you are performing well and holding them back, they are 100% free to chose not to play with you.
    I say all, of this not criticizing hybrids, I've gotten trifectas in both vMA and vVH, with my stamDK using whip. What I'm saying is it is your responsibility to make your chosen play style effective.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Castagere wrote: »
    I just made my first one to see what it was like with all the changes. A Redguard Dragon Knight. It's really been fun so far and really does feel like a real TES game.

Someone say Redguard hybrid DK?
    This was before the update sadly - back then I could actually use leap in BG. And for some reason my build feels even squishier now even though I changed nothing.

https://youtu.be/puudDph2cf8