The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Arena IC Daily & Mobs by Respawn Tower

Nogawd
Nogawd
✭✭✭✭✭
This is for the quest: The Lifeblood of an Empire: Rescue Imperial citizens from the Daedra

I think the mobs near the tower should be moved away from any weapon range. Players camp at the top of the tower and will wait long periods for mobs to respawn so they can finish their daily. This just feels....wrong?

They have no intent to PVP. Sure, they are usually easy to one-shot when I see them and that can be fun from time to time. I don't think they should be able to complete the quest that way without jumping down.
  • JDredd
    JDredd
    ✭✭
    Yeah any quest point need to be away form a faction re spawn point. People just don't jump down.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings about the Arena Daily.

On the one hand, I appreciate that there's an easy quest for people who really want to avoid PVP in Imperial City. I mean, I used to be a PVE-only player who really wanted to avoid PVP. So I get it. As long as ZOS requires players to do one of the six IC dailies to get an event ticket, there's going to be a desire for an easy quest.

On the other hand, it's bad gameplay to sit in a tower waiting for spawns and sniping NPCs. It's also not exactly great gameplay to be camping around the spawn towers, either. I like the Arena Daily because even with jumping down its usually easy to get a few kills...unless there's a ton of players camping the tower for easy player kills while I'm trying to jump down. Like, making the Arena District the "easy" daily really isn't beneficial gameplay for anyone now that it's widely known.

If ZOS does change the Arena, I would also suggest that they change the ticket requirements. .aGo back to the old Midyear Mayhem method of three tickets for one PVP zone Daily. Go back to the old Imperial City celebration method of offering tickets for a daily or the IC dungeons. Let players have the choice - and we'll have less players trying to cheese the Arena daily to begin with.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe how long some of these people sit there to do these quests. Sometimes I will see them waiting over an hour because they can't kill the mobs fast enough because of players down below. They stay up there with their bows, waiting.

Kind of...I don't want to say what it looks like, lol.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could write the same request, which in turn would prevent you from playing the way you want.

It doesn't seem different to me than ganking (waiting aspect).
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    They could write the same request, which in turn would prevent you from playing the way you want.

It doesn't seem different to me than ganking (waiting aspect).

Waiting up there is not substantially better gameplay than camping the spawn tower waiting for someone to poke their nose out far enough to be in range from below, no. Which is one reason that I'd be okay with ZOS fixing it.

But let's be honest - the whole Imperial City is built for ambushes, stealth, and ganking. That's why there are players clustered up there on top of the Arena spawn tower in the first place because they don't want to jump down into an area where there might be gankers, as in all the other districts. The gankers who are playing as intended aren't going to have a problem with continuing to gank if ZOS changes the ability to the Arena Daily from the spawn platform. The players who want to avoid it are going to lose that option.

The bigger problem for me is that the tower campers (both types of them) discourage doing the Arena District at all. The sitters on the tower attract the campers below the tower, and that makes it harder for the people who actually want to use the spawn towers appropriately to enter the District and get on with the daily quest.

I like to do it appropriately. It's really no big deal to jump down, kill a couple NPCs, die in a fight, jump down again, and kill a few more until I die. But if there's a bunch of enemy players camped right by the spawn tower because they are hunting the players who aren't jumping down, I can't accomplish much.

Though I've not had a problem being ganked when I've done the Arena District daily properly when there aren't a bunch of spawn-tower-campers around, since most of the NPCs to rescue can be found in fairly open spaces. I've had some stand-up fights, but less ganks. A couple times I've been marked by nightblades, who for some reason don't want to come out into the open and fight after my Stam Warden responds by immediately pre-buffing.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opinion is that if people want to waste time sitting around on a platform to do a quest, let them. I agree with VaranisArano.... it's a lot faster to just jump down and rush the NPCs and eat a few deaths if you really aren't interested in learning how to survive (or win) at PvP.

My biggest issue with the dailies is that one particular faction has a spawn balcony that overlooks one of the ogrim traps in the Nobles District, and players can stand up there and cast/shoot at you from range and prevent you from finishing the quest. At least make it so the traps can be activated while you are in combat, so we can take a few range hits, set the trap, and be on our way.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    This is for the quest: The Lifeblood of an Empire: Rescue Imperial citizens from the Daedra

I think the mobs near the tower should be moved away from any weapon range. Players camp at the top of the tower and will wait long periods for mobs to respawn so they can finish their daily. This just feels....wrong?

They have no intent to PVP. Sure, they are usually easy to one-shot when I see them and that can be fun from time to time. I don't think they should be able to complete the quest that way without jumping down.

Why are you so eager to take candy from a baby?

Just go on and find some propper fights befitting your expert level and ignore the paper thin armored white gear toon with 18k health and 2k Spell damage while they grab a whopping 228 Tel Var in an hour.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    I can't believe how long some of these people sit there to do these quests. Sometimes I will see them waiting over an hour because they can't kill the mobs fast enough because of players down below. They stay up there with their bows, waiting.

Kind of...I don't want to say what it looks like, lol.

I don't know, maybe it looks like people just doing what they feel like doing...

not always possible to know why people do what they do...

I love platform farming, not all the time, but, some of the time...lots of different "reasons" why it works for some...

seems pretty intentional to have citizens just waiting to be saved nearby all three different alliance platforms within the arena district...

live and let live and all...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get my IC quests done before the event starts. Problem(s) mainly solved.