The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Things you should not do in ESO Deathmatch

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Please don't do the following:
  • Run away from your healer in mist form and die
  • Refuse to eat food/drink and remain at < 20k maximum health for the entire match without the kills to back it up
  • Run in the opposite direction of your teammates so it's more difficult to stay alive and secure kills
  • Line of sight your healer repeatedly when low health
  • Use frenzy below 80% health so your healer wastes resources
  • Stand still and panic while getting parsed on by multiple enemies without doing any damage or running away
  • You and the other 2 nightblades stealth and run away, leaving your healer to die
  • Run a selfish tank build with no hope of ever securing a kill
Edited by SkaraMinoc on November 26, 2021 9:09PM
PC NA
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm lucky that I never get a healer in my team then, only tanks or teammates who never play together so I never have to deal with any of these
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, are you a healer by chance?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    OP, are you a healer by chance?
    SxL7QAm.gif
    PC NA
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    No matter what you do in deathmatch ,if you are bored by that mode you will still suck.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SkaraMinoc pick up your healing targets wisely.

NB ganker can care less if you heal him or not, with armor and health and sustain that low he's not gonna survive prolonged fight anyway, either getting killed by layered burst, or by out-sustaining.

Neither NB ganker can do anything really in case you are ganked and he's not ready to kill. Well, probably one bombard is the only thing that is viable in such a scenario.

You might argue that NB gankers are not the best thing to BG with. And technically the truth, but outside top MMR premades gankers can have x5 multiplier on K/D (with the downside of not helping your team as much as fighter/bruiser would), so it does fulfill the objective of Deathmatch.

And the last.. is advice. Find yourself a duo with fighter-archetype player. Don't solo on healers. It's not safe for your sanity.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And what do I do when I play a tanky build that might not be able to kill any decent player, but can carry a chaosball / relic or stand on a flag for a long time while being pressured by multiple enemies when my random queue gets me into a deathmatch for the 10th time in a row?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop-atack-atack-and-and-los-my-pvp-if-i-27973592.png
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get steal kills all the time with Boundless Storm, Resto Heavy attack, and Twilight Matriarch zap.
    PC NA
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what do I do when I play a tanky build that might not be able to kill any decent player, but can carry a chaosball / relic or stand on a flag for a long time while being pressured by multiple enemies when my random queue gets me into a deathmatch for the 10th time in a row?

I really want them to do objectives-only queue just to see this 12 permablock player games :lol:
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't leave a match just because you are losing ;)
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/578683223757029406/910762653532696606/Screenshot_20211118_001620.PNG

We were down over 100 points with orange at 480, big come back and it felt so good
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭

^ ^
    This...There have been so many times when I've had teammates quit within the first couple of minutes because our team was losing only to come back and win, or at least come in second. It takes time to adjust to playing with and against other people. And once you do it can be amazing.
    Or if you're just gonna stand in the respawn area and sulk, please leave so someone else can join and actually play. It's PVP, dying sometimes is part of the game.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on November 30, 2021 8:06PM
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes is just impossible to do something and teammates not help with it.
    1. unkillable tanks
    2. You dying in second
    3. always alone and everyone die solo
    4. teammates have 18k hp builds and do 0 damage

And many more things , i know many of this is git gut or l2p.I can learn to how to play myself ,but i can't force people that i play with ,to do the same.
    This is why mmr need to be adjusted in this game somehow , we need mmr wchich raise and fall when you lose or win to adjust games and players somehow to game. This is why many new players leave battlegrounds to, they play nice ,have fun ,but after many games they suddenly they are standing in front of the wall ,that can't be passed.
    Not every player can learn ,this is why many games have mmr and ranks bronze ,silver something like that to sort that kind of players. This game have objective modes ,to sort this kind of players and add some flavor to it.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ ^
    This...There have been so many times when I've had teammates quit within the first couple of minutes because our team was losing only to come back and win, or at least come in second. It takes time to adjust to playing with and against other people. And once you do it can be amazing.
    Or if you're just gonna stand in the respawn area and sulk, please leave so someone else can join and actually play. It's PVP, dying sometimes is part of the game.

Just make sure the person actually left on their own versus being disconnected and an error shows up on the person's screen....like it did to me just now in Deathmatch GRP. :)

I recommend ZOS implement a notification to the grp that the person either left or there was an error.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groups that stay together will always do better than groups that don't. That doesn't mean they will win, but they will do better than if they separate. Individual players are often much easier to kill although I've seen some trickery of late where you have one act like bait and the others magically appear once enemy is distracted.

BG's are just chaos and all you've got in there is to stick together and hope the other teams don't have one of those 15+ kill players.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is really only one thing a player should not do in an ESO death match. They should not die.
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »

^ ^

Just make sure the person actually left on their own versus being disconnected and an error shows up on the person's screen....like it did to me just now in Deathmatch GRP. :)

I recommend ZOS implement a notification to the grp that the person either left or there was an error.

Haha this is very true and a good possibility 😜
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Groups that stay together will always do better than groups that don't. That doesn't mean they will win, but they will do better than if they separate. Individual players are often much easier to kill although I've seen some trickery of late where you have one act like bait and the others magically appear once enemy is distracted.

BG's are just chaos and all you've got in there is to stick together and hope the other teams don't have one of those 15+ kill players.

I am someone who plays mostly solo and I can definitely day that this isn't always true. As you've said BGs is chaos and with the game's current MMR your team can consist of varying classes, play styles, and skills.

If you're lucky enough to get on a team with a designated healer, a mix of mostly tanky or brawler builds, a team that consists of mostly the same class, or none of the teams have healers, then yes, playing as a group is very beneficial.

However, if you're on a team with NB gankers/bow builds that are meant pop in and out fights quickly, and stealth away when they're in trouble, or if you're a combo of melee and ranged builds standing your ground and and staying together as a group isn't an option or even that beneficial. Or there's the problem of coming across the dreaded stacked team with a healer to boot and all of the damage on your team combined won't save you. So instead of them decimating your team in one shot it can be better to split up and have them hunt you down one by one. Meanwhile you can seek out other vulnerable players to pick off.

There are just too many variables in BGs to say that you should always stick together and play in a group. In my experience you have to be flexible.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on December 6, 2021 7:40PM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think death match is a pretty simple game mode

Play your class or spec to its strengths which is DPS for sorc I believe and that should do the trick for everyone involved.
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Please don't do the following:
    • Run away from your healer in mist form and die
    • Refuse to eat food/drink and remain at < 20k maximum health for the entire match without the kills to back it up
    • Run in the opposite direction of your teammates so it's more difficult to stay alive and secure kills
    • Line of sight your healer repeatedly when low health
    • Use frenzy below 80% health so your healer wastes resources
    • Stand still and panic while getting parsed on by multiple enemies without doing any damage or running away
    • You and the other 2 nightblades stealth and run away, leaving your healer to die
    • Run a selfish tank build with no hope of ever securing a kill

Like you I play a lot of battlegrounds. You know we see each other around. I agree with all of this mate. Also to add to this 9/10 defeats is because you are grouped with people that don't understand how to play as a team.

Not knowing where to fight so you have less chance of getting flanked.
    Not understanding that chasing down kills weakens the group you ran away from.
    Not understanding when you have over extended and should pull back.
    Not knowing that when you get pushed up on its better to hold your position.
    Not knowing that guy that tried to kill you in group and failed is going to be back in 30 seconds from behind after your group has pushed.
    Not understanding that they should be killing anyone who is attacking their healer.
    Not knowing that they can control the pace of fights with crowd control ( Like throwing down slowing effects when you have to back up)
    Not understanding that 3 team members in a fight isn't as strong as a group of 4
    Not understanding that in a group fight with 3 teams both larger teams will always focus the group of 3.

The other 1/10 times you take a defeat is you are simply outclassed. But majority of the time it doesn't matter how skilled you are if your team doesn't understand how to play as a group.
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/578683223757029406/910762653532696606/Screenshot_20211118_001620.PNG

We were down over 100 points with orange at 480, big come back and it felt so good

What is the name of the addon that shows character and player name and damage done / healing done right in the battleground match detail screen (f5)?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »

What is the name of the addon that shows character and player name and damage done / healing done right in the battleground match detail screen (f5)?

Better Scoreboard (link)

Edited by SkaraMinoc on December 7, 2021 1:44PM
    PC NA
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Groups that stay together will always do better than groups that don't.

That's only half-true.

Acting like one ball is beneficial if all the team members are fighters-bruisers-tanks and maybe a heal on top.
    If group has mobile low-hp sorcs/NBs, gameplay changes a lot.

Correct rule is to try to help groupmates using tools at your disposal. It does not always mean "stick as one glob".

I remember a game of 4 NBs that we won, I voiced the plan at the very start: don't move in pack, but look after each other. And whenever someone was getting attention, chasers got some serious burst + CCs from the side. Didn't always help, but reduced the number of deaths and increased number of kills definitely, and combined KDA resulted in victory.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »

@mandricus Better scoreboard, my friend made it for us! @M0R_Gaming the legend himself!

He has since added class icons as well.

Thanks @SkaraMinoc for posting that link!
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Don't play nightblade unless it's a magblade healer
    • If you play magicka, bring crossheals
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always just do whatever I want, and its been working for me at-least.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Or stop acting like you payed for everyone's game and like you have a say in what they do. Its annoying but thats what you sign up for playing an mmo. If you hate it, then play in a group of friends. If you can't make friends, then thats a you problem.

People play for their own reasons whether it's just theory crafting or just to have fun.