The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

34445 Damage Stalking Skeletal Detonation

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Help me understand how this is possible. 4x Stalking Skeletal Detonation all hit at the same time for 34445 damage.

It's not like they hit once per second. I didn't have a chance to heal at all. Full health to zero in < 1s.

cnnQZ0L.png

mHRspF7.png

This is with Vampire Stage 3 Undeath.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on November 27, 2021 12:05PM
PC NA
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One Blastbones (skill) + 3 Blastbones from necro ult.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    ^ very expensive ult, most likely Balorgh was involved
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this is golden. Never used the ult because it's useless in BGs, but I suspected it has this burst capacity. Neat.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is me! I run a high ult gen build, balorgh, master staff, and basically try to get the Animate Blastbones ult off as often as possible. When it works, it hits like a truck but the blastbones AI will often bug out and not go where you want them to at all.

Best counterplay is to watch for the animation (it's super telegraphed, big blue lightning crack in the ground), then hold block. If you're running sithis you're kinda out of luck but you can try stunning the blastbones before they detonate and don't stack on teammates. Negate will also completely stop the blastbones, but honestly holding block is the simplest counterplay.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on November 28, 2021 2:50PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Wow this is golden. Never used the ult because it's useless in BGs, but I suspected it has this burst capacity. Neat.

Oh it works. But I cannot always get the 3 blastbones to hit the same target. It seems sort of random to me, or maybe I just don't know the trick to targeting them. A huge amount of setup involved - high ultimate cost and enough corpses on the ground in the right proximity to proc all three BB.

Compare that to using DC to pull unlimited targets into Colossus......