The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot invite friend to or join group with friend

residenthale
residenthale
Soul Shriven
I am trying to play ESO with my brother (not sure if this is relevant or not, but both of our Xbox Ones are on the same Wi-fi network), but anytime we attempt to group up it automatically declines on either end. If I try to invite him to a group, it immediately says that he has declined. If he invites me to a group, it shows me the notification but won't let me hit anything before it disappears and he says it says I have declined the invitation. We are both in the same faction, in the same location. We have tried unadding and re-adding each other as friends both in game and on the Xbox. We have tried adding each other to a group by typing in the others gamertag to invite. We try to invite the other to play through the Xbox friends menu. We have tried inviting from the friend menu. We tried turning our Xboxs on and off and even waited a week to see but the same issue persists.

I would prefer to not have to remake my character and same with him - is there anything left that we aren't trying? My brother tried contacting support but they stopped replying to him. Thanks in advance for any help.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @residenthale

Have your brother set their account offline, reboot the Xbox, then log back in and set their account to online. After doing so you can try inviting them again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • residenthale
    residenthale
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @residenthale

Have your brother set their account offline, reboot the Xbox, then log back in and set their account to online. After doing so you can try inviting them again.

Sorry this is late, both of us had a lot of work stuff going on. We both tried doing that but now it's saying "You don't have permission to do that" whenever we try to add each other to a group.

EDIT: I wasn't able to find a category that quite fit what was going on but I did put in for support, ticket 211126-005652. My brother previously put in a ticket but as mentioned he stopped getting replies.
    Edited by residenthale on November 27, 2021 2:29AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @residenthale

Please check your forum inbox for an update on the current ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post