The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cyrodiil Dueling Issues

EmperorIl
EmperorIl
✭✭✭✭
I will jump in 100% of the time when see anyone fighting one of my faction mates, period. Don't like it? Duel in a PvE area. This seems to be worse than normal lately with these entitled people thinking they get to use Cyrodiil to do whatever they want. It is a game mode with a very specific purpose, dueling is not one of them.

[edited for baiting]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 25, 2021 5:48PM
  • vms11934
    vms11934
    ✭✭✭
    If I see two or three of one faction and only one of them is fighting a person from another faction, I can tell they want to duel each other and I move on. But if it's just one on one, there's no way to know and I jump in. The sad thing is when the person on my own faction stops fighting and leaves me one on one with the person. [snip]

[edited for rude/insulting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 25, 2021 5:36PM
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    vms11934 wrote: »
    If I see two or three of one faction and only one of them is fighting a person from another faction, I can tell they want to duel each other and I move on. But if it's just one on one, there's no way to know and I jump in. The sad thing is when the person on my own faction stops fighting and leaves me one on one with the person. [snip]

Yea if it's an obvious thing where they are standing around I'm not going to be the idiot coming in and attacking. But any "1v1" I am not going to assume you are dueling. I had one of my own faction actually showing the other guy where I was stealthed. Just some little petty brats playing this game.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 25, 2021 5:37PM
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t really mind if it’s 2 people dueling, but if it’s a group with a lot of people spectating it’s kinda irritating seeing them in GH, on prime time, after 30min+ queue.

At least go to a dead campaign if you guys really wanna duel in cyrodiil.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    NerfSeige wrote: »
    I don’t really mind if it’s 2 people dueling, but if it’s a group with a lot of people spectating it’s kinda irritating seeing them in GH, on prime time, after 30min+ queue.

At least go to a dead campaign if you guys really wanna duel in cyrodiil.

I am with you there. But the 1v1 I only don't mind if they are in a secluded area doing it, if you are by an RSS and expect to be left alone you're just special. Getting hate whispers for helping your own dude lol.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmperorIl wrote: »
    I will jump in 100% of the time when see anyone fighting one of my faction mates, period. Don't like it? Duel in a PvE area. This seems to be worse than normal lately with these entitled people thinking they get to use Cyrodiil to do whatever they want.

But PVE is where primarily PVE players are, not everyone is there to duel, adversely everyone in cyrodiil is there to PVP. I don't see the problem here. Just because cyrodiil is AvAvA doesn't mean someone can't choose to do small scale fights.
    This argument might be valid if there was actually a place for dueling in this game, but there isn't.
    In the middle of towns is not a place for dueling because everyone is questing/doing PVE not for PVP.
    Let people play the game how they want to.
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on November 24, 2021 10:19PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling in the middle of nowhere?

Meh, I'm going to keep riding to the next objective.

Dueling right outside of Bleakers?

Yeah, don't get salty at me when your duel gets interrupted.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    I will jump in 100% of the time when see anyone fighting one of my faction mates, period. Don't like it? Duel in a PvE area. This seems to be worse than normal lately with these entitled people thinking they get to use Cyrodiil to do whatever they want.

But PVE is where primarily PVE players are, not everyone is there to duel, adversely everyone in cyrodiil is there to PVP. I don't see the problem here. Just because cyrodiil is AvAvA doesn't mean someone can't choose to do small scale fights.
    This argument might be valid if there was actually a place for dueling in this game, but there isn't.
    In the middle of towns is not a place for dueling because everyone is questing/doing PVE not for PVP.

There are several locations in pve land where duelers gather. There are also dueling guilds that have their own arenas.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your red your dead.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are several locations in pve land where duelers gather. There are also dueling guilds that have their own arenas.

That might be true, but it's still PVE at the end of the day and inhabited by primarily PVE'ers like I said. I've gone to vulkhel guard before where people duel but still 90% of people there are for PVE things. Again, there's nothing dueling related in this game, so it doesn't make sense to give people crap for it when it's not really a thing in the game. Also dueling is 1% of population of this game, so dueling guilds are an even smaller percentage of guilds in this game.
    Ideally, ZoS could make a 1v1 battleground in this game, but they don't. So I wouldn't knock people for playing this way

• rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is literally the only zone in the game that does not support duelling. If you go to Cyrodiil to duel, you are failing in a very, very basic way.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a bit chaotic when I see people dueling. Sometimes I let them be and sometimes I just want to gank. If its one of my own faction members and they try demanding things of me I will 100% interrupt the duel. I can be crouching like 50 meters away and my faction members will start telling me not to interrupt or even worse they try giving my position away. I also like when its two enemies dueling cause then I can go for a double kill and get that SICK 1vX. If you see me watching you duel don't presume you are my boss or I won't let you duel until I log out. I will always gank duelers if one of the duelers is someone who has trash talked me in the past. You give up your right to have honorable combat when you are a toxic salt lord.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When dueling in Cyrodiil they are fair game. While they may complain they have no real basis since dueling is permitted in the PvE zones.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    Cyrodiil is literally the only zone in the game that does not support duelling. If you go to Cyrodiil to duel, you are failing in a very, very basic way.

It's a pvp zone, it's not restrictive on what you can or cannot do. Same as IC, or battlegrounds. People can play how they choose. There's no rule saying "you must do group play" or "you must push on the map" or "you must small scale" or "you must solo".

Same as there's no rules for farming kills on people with your ball group inside some random keep or tower, there's no rules against doing 1v1's as it's apart of pvp.

The responses here give the same energy as people who shamed people in forums for using dark convergence last patch, let people enjoy the game how they choose to and don't shame them for doing so if it's not effecting you in any way.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a pvp zone, it's not restrictive on what you can or cannot do. Same as IC, or battlegrounds. People can play how they choose. There's no rule saying "you must do group play" or "you must push on the map" or "you must small scale" or "you must solo".

Same as there's no rules for farming kills on people with your ball group inside some random keep or tower, there's no rules against doing 1v1's as it's apart of pvp.

The responses here give the same energy as people who shamed people in forums for using dark convergence last patch, let people enjoy the game how they choose to and don't shame them for doing so if it's not effecting you in any way.

It's not wrong to duel in Cyrodiil.

But part of the negativity is because of the way Cyrodiil duelists sometimes react to players coming upon their duels. You get insults. You get one duelist standing back and letting their alliance mate get mashed just for trying to help. It's like they forget that other players can't read their mind to know that this is a duel, or expect that they shouldn't be fair game for the enemy.

That's not to say that all or even most Cyrodiil duelists have a problem with being interrupted when other players see their duel.
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol. If I am having a 1v1 and you interrupt I will stop fighting and let the other person kill you.Tbh I don't expect you to stay out of the way. You do you. I will be me.
    As for gankers, I never expected anything better from them anyway. Always chasing easy kills from people not suspecting.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will jump in 100% of the time when see anyone fighting one of my faction mates, period. Don't like it? Duel in a PvE area. This seems to be worse than normal lately with these entitled people thinking they get to use Cyrodiil to do whatever they want. It is a game mode with a very specific purpose, dueling is not one of them.

if its a duel, the "member" of ur faction will stop fighting and the enemy will stomp u, so its ok if u attack.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can have 1v1 fights in Cyrodiil but you cannot enter a duel in Cyrodiil. Duels limit combat to 1v1. Cyrodiil does not.

If players want to 1v1 uninterrupted, then heading into Cyrodiil is literally the worst possible option for them to choose out of all of the zones in the game.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its usually pretty obvious if people are in a 1v1; away from any resource or keep. But honestly if you try and “interrupt” most likely the other guy will stop fighting and leave you to fight alone, because they wanted to kill the person by themselves.

Also, most the time those players are pretty good at the game. So if you plan on interrupting, it probably wont be easy. But hey its open world, so everybody can do what they want.
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭

Let people play how they want to? Glad you agree with me! I am out there to kill the enemy...so if I see you fighting someone I am jumping in to kill the enemy. That is how I play the game.
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dueling in the middle of nowhere?

Meh, I'm going to keep riding to the next objective.

Dueling right outside of Bleakers?

Yeah, don't get salty at me when your duel gets interrupted.

But how do you know if it was a duel or if someone got jumped?
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not wrong to duel in Cyrodiil.

But part of the negativity is because of the way Cyrodiil duelists sometimes react to players coming upon their duels. You get insults. You get one duelist standing back and letting their alliance mate get mashed just for trying to help. It's like they forget that other players can't read their mind to know that this is a duel, or expect that they shouldn't be fair game for the enemy.

That's not to say that all or even most Cyrodiil duelists have a problem with being interrupted when other players see their duel.

This guy gets it.
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »

if its a duel, the "member" of ur faction will stop fighting and the enemy will stomp u, so its ok if u attack.

So you assume I can't 1vX because I will help out a faction member in a fight? ROFL....kthxbye.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭

So you assume I can't 1vX because I will help out a faction member in a fight? ROFL....kthxbye.

Earlier you talked about being in stealth and jumping in on a 1v1.
    People will assume a lot about you from that.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you even want to cyro to duel? It lags more than any other location in the game. Go to Bergama and do some duels, ez.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if u help a member its not a 1 vs X, its a X vs 1. I dont say u cant help, u can try. but dont be sad if the result is not like u want it to be. And it is a difference where the fight happens. In front of nikel the chance of a duel is rly low and in no mans land it will be very high.

a 1 vs 1 is not a duel
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Why do you even want to cyro to duel? It lags more than any other location in the game. Go to Bergama and do some duels, ez.
    maybe cyrodiil is pretty empty or people are bored of the few bad players and they pass the time until it makes numerical sense to start the fight. just assume that players who really want a 1 vs 1 in cyrodiil know each other and are pretty good
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread reminded me of the good old days, long ago, when you HAD to go into cyrodil to duel!!!! The days before "dueling" was officially added, and entire guilds would be in the open fields dueling....good times