The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Armor colors

coedgamerLinny
Okay... I need some info. My character has NEVER been able to make armor that I find attractive. I do see armor that I like on other ppl's chars, but I cannot duplicate it. This picture is one of a cuirass that I like. I'm pretty sure it's Altmer armor made with Orichalcum (as the wearer is lvl 33 and the orichalcum gives it this particular design). So, I made Altmer orichalcum armor. I tried it on> ugly olive green color. I improved it once (green label)> ugly olive green color. I improved it one more time (blue label)> ugly olive green color. Does anyone know if the class you choose (templar/sorcerer/dragonknight/Nighblade) has an effect on armor looks? What about male/female differences? Hair color (I ask this because hair color DOES have an effect on accessories)?
  • coedgamerLinny
    Apparently can't get the image up. :|
    Edited by coedgamerLinny on April 28, 2014 8:07PM
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know armor gets tinted differently as it progresses within a tier. Like level 1 armor has a different color to it than level 14, even though they're the same model. I'm not sure if the quality (white, green, blue, etc) has any bearing on that.

It's still a work in progress but eso-fashion.com is trying to do them by colors, not just tiers.
    Edited by Shimond on April 28, 2014 8:09PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    As far as I know armor gets tinted differently as it progresses within a tier. Like level 1 armor has a different color to it than level 14, even though they're the same model. I'm not sure if the quality (white, green, blue, etc) has any bearing on that.

It's still a work in progress but eso-fashion.com is trying to do them by colors, not just tiers.

This. There are often very subtle changes between item quality levels, but the actual level of the item has more to do with it.

Now, to the original issue: all orichalcum armor has a slightly greenish hue because orichalcum is green. That's all.
    ----
    Murray?
  • coedgamerLinny
    It does with clothing.... Not sure it that's a big difference, but the Imperial robes are a pretty sky bluish when they're normal quality... Upgrade them to blue quality and they are the color of redish-brown-clay-mud-crap
  • coedgamerLinny
    Well, the armor I saw has NO green tint... too bad I'm too dumb to figure out how to show you! lol
    Edited by coedgamerLinny on April 28, 2014 8:13PM
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    @coedgamerLinny‌

You could try postimage.org, I have had success getting pics uploaded with them in the past.

Hope that helps.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • coedgamerLinny
    I uploaded it to google and used the [img][/img] code that I've always used in forums with the google url of the picture in between... It didn't seem to work, though. :|
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Are you using the protocol and Fully Qualified Domain Name?

i.e. http://www.google.com/stuff/morestuff/image.png

Hey Jute, get in my bag

• SchrodingersKitteh
    Level 30 Altmer heavy plate armour is silver and blue, then when you hit 32+ it turns green and gold with a few white-ish areas, as you improve the quality to green, blue and so on, the white vanishes and is seemingly replaced with more green and gold panels instead.

Edits: cleaning up some typos.
    Edited by SchrodingersKitteh on April 28, 2014 8:41PM
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently can't get the image up. :|
    After posting the image online get the direct link url and paste it here.
    oqekm9B.jpg

edit: oh! also, I don't think world-drop set armor will never change color regardless of what level range it drops at and how much you upgrade it, could be that.
    Edited by Nasuradin_ESO on April 28, 2014 9:53PM
  • coedgamerLinny
    Didn't work!
    Edited by coedgamerLinny on April 28, 2014 9:59PM
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't work!

Can you post the link to the image without the [ img ] tags?

Hey Jute, get in my bag

• Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20140426_152555.jpg
    test...that seems to work for me, odd that it didn't work for you.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 28, 2014 10:08PM

Hey Jute, get in my bag

• coedgamerLinny
    Screenshot_20140426_152555.jpg
  • coedgamerLinny
    UGH! I didn't hit ENTER after I pasted it. Sheesh. >:|
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    BTW, that is Altmer armor and it looks like it's tier 3, but the color is way more silver than what I can craft. I have never made any that I improved above blue though. Mine is olive drab with a silver bird crest.

EDIT: Have you tried the Breton tier 3 armor? It comes out silver, but I don't have screenshot ATM.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 28, 2014 10:53PM

Hey Jute, get in my bag

• coedgamerLinny
    That was why I was asking. I've never been able to craft a pretty one like this, either! :( It seems like no matter what I make, it's drab-greenish. :( When you say tier 3, you mean the third material you can use, correct?
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    That was why I was asking. I've never been able to craft a pretty one like this, either! :( It seems like no matter what I make, it's drab-greenish. :( When you say tier 3, you mean the third material you can use, correct?

Yes, that is what I mean.

Hey Jute, get in my bag

• Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next tier(ebony) will not be green, itll be gold, but armor design sadly remains same. While sets from lvl 1 to 36 change their appearance with each tier, from 36 it is always same, except for color(check icons in craft windows, they display same icon/design from 36+).
    Not sure if it is a bug, or just game designers decide to give us same sets even if you change material/tier...Was looking all way to have ebony set, as it was my favorite design in ES titles, bit disappointed only thing that change is color.