Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Only Fools With Horses - A guild for solo players - who like a dungeon now and then!

Iwillgo
Iwillgo
✭✭
Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to look at my recruitment post. I am a returning player to ESO and it’s been around 5 years since I ran a guild here. At that time we were little more than a group of MMO friends who wanted to try something new. We didn’t smash a lot of the content, indeed most of us played solo even back then, but guild chat was always a busy place and sometimes you would log on and do little else ‘but’ chat to friends.
I am still the leader of that guild; I hold onto it because the bank space is nice :), but my good MMO friends have either stopped playing, currently playing something else, or have other commitments... You know how it is with MMO’s if you’ve been playing as long as I have (since 1997 if you were wondering!?).

I’m an older player, 51 good life levels to be precise and I have found that age tends to have a way of imposing a certain playstyle on you. I don’t care about DPS and the best gear anymore, those days are behind me in Everquest 1 and 2, WoW, GW2 and SWTOR, the list goes on. Here I want to relax, enjoy the amazing amount of content ESO has and just take my time.

And I'm looking for like-minded people to join me!

The guild is billed as a solo player guild and that’s really what I would love it to be. I like to play solo mostly and with Blackwood companions on the horizon I see that continuing. There comes a time though when even us solo players need some help, fancy a dungeon run, and even want to try for vet level or hit dailies if the mood arises, right?
I want members who are willing to respect the solo player and let them do their thing, but at the same time might want to spontaneously ask if anyone fancies a dungeon. I’m looking for older players like myself, who might be looking for some actual friends in-game, the sort of people who want to talk about the game, explore and learn the game (new players a very welcome for this reason!) or just generally shoot the breeze with others. Maybe I’m looking at my time in the MMO’s of the past with rose-tinted glasses, but I do remember a time when you could make good friends in an MMO; indeed, I still have friends from those early days.

So, if my rants interest you and you feel like you would like an old-fashioned guild where you know everyone by name, and there is no requirement whatsoever to group or hit guild events, then hit me up in-game or leave a message here and I will try and get back to you asap.

@iwillgo, but please... Call me ‘Art’ everyone else has done for years and all my character names start that way. :)

PS: At the time of posting, it’s just me, so know that you will be joining a very small guild for a while, I am hopeful that will change soon.
Edited by Iwillgo on May 29, 2021 6:09PM
  • TraxXx82
    TraxXx82
    Soul Shriven
    Hey, I would be intrested to join. @TraxXx82 in game
  • Iwillgo
    Iwillgo
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the response ingame folks, it's been great to meet you!

Thought it might be worth adding that the guild runs mainly UTC 17:00 to around 23:00

And as much of the weekend as we can all get away with! :)

Art - aka @Iwillgo
  • Dalonas
    Dalonas
    Soul Shriven
    I am interested in joining your guild @Dalonas in game :)
  • Iwillgo
    Iwillgo
    ✭✭

Hey there Dalonas, I will try and speak with you ingame asap!

Art - aka @Iwillgo
  • laethoria
    laethoria
    ✭✭
    Love your post Art,can totally relate ;)
  • Iwillgo
    Iwillgo
    ✭✭
    laethoria wrote: »
    Love your post Art,can totally relate ;)

Thanks! I knew there were others out there like me!

Guild is slowly building, we have around 12 new members now. None of us are in a rush but the best thing....

We 'know' each other and talk to each other! Its working!

Dalonas, I have tried many times to contact you but always seem to be missing you my friend! I will keep trying!

Art
  • laethoria
    laethoria
    ✭✭
    Might even want to join your guild Art,always nice to talk to people while doing my own thing :D
    Ingame name @laethoria
  • StandsLikeAWookie
    StandsLikeAWookie
    Soul Shriven
    Now this sounds like the kinda guild I've been looking for :)

Joined a few but zero guild chat other than LFG.

I'd like to join, @devore74 if you want a bit'o'banter in the guild
  • Iwillgo
    Iwillgo
    ✭✭

This is curious... And I don't know exactly whats happening here.

I haven't been able to contact, Dalonas, Laethoria or devore74 at all and I have tried MANY times.

Normally when you type someones name in a /tell the game pre-empts the name of anyone with those few letter that you have typed. But you 3 the game doesn't find your names at all! :(

Any suggestions?

Sorry I cant get in touch folks!

Art
  • twilow
    twilow
    Soul Shriven
    I think I fit the profile. Im newish, Ive played the game solo so far. I'm Uk based, in my fifties, not interested in being the best but finding my own way. Occasionally Id like company or assistance. drop me a line
  • n0tch
    n0tch
    Soul Shriven
    Hi Art,

This sounds like a great guild, just what I am looking for. I sent you an in-game mail as well.

@n0tch
  • RestingMurderFace
    I'm definitely interested, my in game handle is @laudanumxxx
    In my defence, I've been left unsupervised.
  • Merely_Chris
    Merely_Chris
    Soul Shriven
    Hey Art,

Another old sod here, at a mere 57. At my age reflexes are something that are but a distant memory. As such I'm definitely in the potter around the map camp.

I did purchase the game on release but dropped out after about 6 months. All of my friends were heavily time invested in WoW, as was I, and didn't want to switch. Community always outweighed content for me, so that's where I stayed. I have only dabbled in WoW periodically for the past 5-6 years and the old guild communicates via FB these days. It has mostly been Skyrim and Fallout for me in that time.

Don't know what enticed me back, yesterday, but here I am on a new account (couldn't remember email/passwords for the old one, it was so long ago.) I'll drop you a message in game, if I remember how, and it would be nice to interact with some like minded souls.

Cheers

Chris
  • LuciusEsox
    LuciusEsox
    ✭✭
    Mate, I should have read your post before I made mine. You and the way you do things sound great to me. 63 years young here similar background to yourself but my attitudes have changed as I have got older and are very similar to yours.. Can I join your guild please 😊
  • saryent
    saryent
    Soul Shriven
    Hello!

Is this guild still active? I am an older solo player who joined pretty much at launch but who has taken a long break to play solo rpgs or other mmo's like DDO and Fallout 76. One of the things I am missing in this game is occasionally taking part in raiding/dungeon runs (especially at the moment) but without the backing of a guild or group I haven't been able to as yet. I guess I am a bit to shy to PUG :)

This guild sounds perfect. I do like to play solo but I am always happy to chat, help out and swap loot. I am pretty easy going and happy to play any way the group I am in fancies. Zerg or sniff, both are fine!

Please can I join your guild?

Thanks,
    saryent

P.S. I am also house trained :)
  • Buddy_Bradley
    Buddy_Bradley
    ✭✭
    @Iwillgo - Me too, if this guild is still on ongoing concern. In-game name is @buddybradley