Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Doomchar Plateau Fragments

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
Currently, I have collected three of the Doomchar Plateau fragments (Scorching Pillar, Searing Column, and Molten Key).

Will I have an opportunity to collect the other two fragments before the "end" of this (marketing) year?

According to the calendar, I might collect as many as 14 more Event Tickets in the time remaining for the Undaunted Event. However, the Impresario does not have any other Doomchar Plateau fragments available. Thus, apparently with regard to that reward, at least, I would be wasting my time and effort to continue the attempt to obtain it.

The other offerings are not really appealing enough to inspire me to continue to participate. Like the Doomchar Plateau fragments might become, they are mostly items that would simply add clutter to the Collectibles and/or consume storage space in the Bags and Bank.

At best, I suppose that I can acquire 12 more Event Tickets, then just hold them until the next "event" for which something might be offered that I actually want to have.

This is not be the first time that I have not satisfied ZOS's expectations regarding participating in "events" and "festivals" or "holidays". For example, I have all of the Berries needed for each of the three Indrik mounts, respectively, that I have not acquired, but ZOS did not give me -- in my humble opinion -- a fair chance to collect the items required to make the Nascent Indrik that is then converted to one of the others with the Berries. So I will never acquire the others, at least two of which one of my characters might actually want to use as a mount. The Indrik mounts that I did obtain are not particularly appealing to ride.

Edited by Shadowshire on November 27, 2021 7:02AM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two more fragments will be coming with the New Life Festival later in Dec-Jan.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take 12 tickets forwards to New Life, buy 4th bit of house on day Festival starts, on day 4 buy the final part of house.

From day 5 of New Life onwards spend tickets on anything else you may want. If there is nothing else you want amass 12 tickets and save for next event.
    Edited by hafgood on November 25, 2021 9:45AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Take 12 tickets forwards to New Life, buy 4th bit of house on day Festival starts, on day 4 buy the final part of house.

From day 5 of New Life onwards spend tickets on anything else you may want. If there is nothing else you want amass 12 tickets and save for next event.

This. As a habit, i always try to exit each event with 12 event tickets so I can use them right away. Never know when Life will interefere with Events, especially around holidays.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many tickets are available to get through all of the new life festival?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We will not know until they tell us the exact dates.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last year, New Life ran from Dec 17-Jan 5, and have 3 event tickets per day.

I believe it's also been confirmed that all the major fragment rewards like the Quasigriff are also being offered during New Life.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

I believe it's also been confirmed that all the major fragment rewards like the Quasigriff are also being offered during New Life.

Thank-you very much for the information which you have posted.

For whatever reason, it seems that I always miss the opportunity to obtain the Event Ticket(s) which I could have gained during at least one 24-hour period while an Event is underway. Usually I miss the ticket(s) for the first day of the Event, but not for the Undaunted Event this time. ....

So, any scheme which assumes that a player can and will acquire all of the Event Tickets for one or more events during the course of a year or more is a scheme that inevitably results in varying degrees of dis-satisfaction with the provider of the game.

In other words, ZOS needs to "get real" when it designs events and promotions. They seem to me to operate with some idealized, devoted "player" fanatic in mind -- one for whom life's activities and circumstances will never infringe upon their play of the game.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank-you very much for the information which you have posted.

For whatever reason, it seems that I always miss the opportunity to obtain the Event Ticket(s) which I could have gained during at least one 24-hour period while an Event is underway. Usually I miss the ticket(s) for the first day of the Event, but not for the Undaunted Event this time. ....

So, any scheme which assumes that a player can and will acquire all of the Event Tickets for one or more events during the course of a year or more is a scheme that inevitably results in varying degrees of dis-satisfaction with the provider of the game.

In other words, ZOS needs to "get real" when it designs events and promotions. They seem to me to operate with some idealized, devoted "player" fanatic in mind -- one for whom life's activities and circumstances will never infringe upon their play of the game.

Or (and this is not an endorsement of ZOS' monetization tactics) they correctly figure that at least some of the people who miss out on event tickets necessary to get desirable items due to lack of time, etc. will buy them from the Crown Store.

There's a certain business method to the madness.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

Or (and this is not an endorsement of ZOS' monetization tactics) they correctly figure that at least some of the people who miss out on event tickets necessary to get desirable items due to lack of time, etc. will buy them from the Crown Store.

There's a certain business method to the madness.
    Thanks for mentioning it. I overlooked that possibility, because ordinarily I don't spend much in the Crown Store, and seldom have enough income to buy Crowns very often. Since I have almost always had an ESO+ subscription, I received 1450 Crowns per month for years -- an allowance which has since been increased. Ordinarily, I let the Crowns accumulate, and buy each DLC when it is released. (Also, I have bought each of the Chapters that have been released.)

FWIW, I do not recall when I became aware that ZOS started selling Event Tickets for Crowns in-game. IIRC, I have bought only one Event Ticket thus far, because I needed just one more to obtain something that I wanted. It was a reluctant choice. I chose not to wait until the next opportunity to obtain the Event Ticket by playing the game, but only because of the uncertainty as to whether the item would be available from the Event Impresario in the future.

So, as you have remarked, there is a certain business method to the madness. Although, I suspect that selling Event Tickets in the Crown Store was an afterthought "solution" for the situation which we are discussing. Be that as it may, in my humble observation and experience, people who are driven by profit frequently become insane. It is the principal reason that we are overheating our planet so much as to risk eventually becoming extinct as one of its species. ....

Edited by Shadowshire on November 26, 2021 1:03PM

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a matter of player priorities and expectations.

For me, flying pet is a "meh", the skin looks unimpressive, and I dislike the heavy weight mounts, so my priorities are the personality and the house. If I end up with the pet, skin, and mount at the end of the year, fine, but they are not my focus. I plan ahead so that if life interrupts, I can still have a chance to meet my goal of having the personality and the house out of the whole year.

As I see it, that is the proper way to handle these year long event chains. Accept that you may not get everything they offer, then prioritize what you want and work towards those.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I am a bit disappointed that we had to wait to collect the last 3 fragments until the next event. I could have got the house by the end of the Undaunted if they had it available. So now, for the New Life event coming up, great I can get it then, but I also want to collect items for the Indriks that I never got. Will I need event tickets for them? Or will the feathers be accessible some other way? ESO has to realize that some of us haven't been playing since the beginning. I only started last year, and missed out on a lot, so excited that I will be able to really participate at this year's, but have a feeling I'm not going to be able to get all the items I want to collect.
    Xbox X- NA
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    Yeah, I am a bit disappointed that we had to wait to collect the last 3 fragments until the next event. I could have got the house by the end of the Undaunted if they had it available. So now, for the New Life event coming up, great I can get it then, but I also want to collect items for the Indriks that I never got. Will I need event tickets for them? Or will the feathers be accessible some other way? ESO has to realize that some of us haven't been playing since the beginning. ....
    Eh ... I do not know how many Doomchar Plateau fragments will be available during the next New Life Festival. I have three of the five, and during the preceding discussion, players have stated that the remaining two will become available. But ZOS could make three available, or even all five of them, so that players will be able to collect any one or more which they do not already have.

Regardless, I doubt that ZOS will ever make Indrik feathers and berries available during future Events.

It would be nice if they did. But they probably prefer that players spend Event Tickets primarily on items that are related to the most recent content (DLCs and Chapters) instead of earlier content.

So, the only way that players might be able to obtain more Indrik feathers and berries -- if ever -- is most likely through the Crown Store. ZOS could offer the items free of charge, but they're more likely inclined to put a price-tag on them, however modest it might be.

Or ZOS could make an associate Impresario present at Events to offer items such as those from prior Events. Currently, for crafting characters, the NPC Rolis Hlaalu offers individual Masterpiece furnishing designs from the most recent Chapter(s). His companion NPC Faustina Curio offers packages of Masterpiece furnishing designs from the original Base Game and Chapters released since, called Folios.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    Yeah, I am a bit disappointed that we had to wait to collect the last 3 fragments until the next event. I could have got the house by the end of the Undaunted if they had it available. So now, for the New Life event coming up, great I can get it then, but I also want to collect items for the Indriks that I never got. Will I need event tickets for them? Or will the feathers be accessible some other way? ESO has to realize that some of us haven't been playing since the beginning. ....
    Eh ... I do not know how many Doomchar Plateau fragments will be available during the next New Life Festival. I have three of the five, and during the preceding discussion, players have stated that the remaining two will become available. But ZOS could make three available, or even all five of them, so that players will be able to collect any one or more which they do not already have.

My expectation is that all of the 2021 fragments will be available during the New Life event. Pet, Skin, Personality, and House. I also expect that this will be the end of the line for those fragments, so anything not collected and consumed by the end of the event will just sit in Fragments forever.

I do not expect to see the Indrik fragments this year. I suppose ZOS could bring them back at some point, but I can't really see them doing that any time soon. Maybe 2023? There are a lot of Indrik fragments and it would be really hard to catch up, if the player is too far behind on them.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 2, 2021 1:44PM