The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Essence Thief what drops this set

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,
Looks like White Gold Tower is the only place to get this.
What drops them - only bosses?
I have tried to sneak in on my own, but bad things happens...ie. death.

Tanks,
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosses and chests. Minibosses drop hand, feet, and waist pieces. Bosses drop chest, legs, head and shoulder. The final boss can give weapons and jewelry. The Adjudicator has a unique dagger.

You can also have a chance to get pages from the Trophy Vault in WGT for key fragments, acquired from IC.

Now, something to know about Essence Thief is that you do have to run to the pool when it appears. So if you can be mobile in the fight, it's alright. If you can't run to the essence, it's less useful.

I personally found it too clunky to use on a regular basis, but your experience might be different.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosses and chests. Minibosses drop hand, feet, and waist pieces. Bosses drop chest, legs, head and shoulder. The final boss can give weapons and jewelry. The Adjudicator has a unique dagger.

You can also have a chance to get pages from the Trophy Vault in WGT for key fragments, acquired from IC.

Now, something to know about Essence Thief is that you do have to run to the pool when it appears. So if you can be mobile in the fight, it's alright. If you can't run to the essence, it's less useful.

I personally found it too clunky to use on a regular basis, but your experience might be different.

i agree the set was quite clunky (at least initially, when the thing you had to pass through could spawn up to 28 meters away from the target), once they made the thing you had to collect spawn in melee range of the target, if you were mobile and constantly circling the target, then it worked great, but if you were at a fight where you just sit still and parse it wouldnt work great due to most of the time needing to get to the buff sometimes

i havent tested it against larger targets either such as dragons to determine if they spawn under the dragon (certain effects spawning directly under the enemy such as draugrs rest (creates a healing pool under the target 5 meter aoe, if it was a large target even as large as one of the deadric titans, the pool would be completely underneath the enemy and unusable, even worse against something as big as a dragon)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014