The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Who drops LEATHER and where?

LegendaryPow
Hi I just got into Greenshade Aldermeri Dominion and I really need leather for my new armor yet who ever I kill they drop hide or even raw hide! Please help! Also give me an idea of where they are on the map! :D THANKS
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Leather mats are dropped by mobs (and mudcrabs) starting at around level 30. I haven't played AD that far yet so I can't tell you for sure.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    I am the scourge of the deer and sheep population, also mudcraps and strangely enough Imps drop leather.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In Greenshade, northernish area IIRC.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • LegendaryPow
    Ohhh thanks around level 30 I'll just go near to end of map and farm :smiley: Thanks!
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    I heard the auction house has tons.

Edit; ill try to add something useful instead of just trolling. Dont worry about leveling up yohr crafts unless you need armor. I spent thousands and thousands of gold and many hours getting a few measely levels here and there. Just go run dungeons and deconstruct the countless drops from there. I went from 30-40 in my clothing and woodworking, as well as 12-15 in enchanting and 18-30 in blacksmith in one day just running dungeons and deconstructing the drops.
    Edited by SexyVette07 on April 24, 2014 7:53AM
  • LegendaryPow
    Wow lol I like the experience of making stuff though
  • mlecho74
    mlecho74
    Hi I just got into Greenshade Aldermeri Dominion and I really need leather for my new armor yet who ever I kill they drop hide or even raw hide! Please help! Also give me an idea of where they are on the map! :D THANKS

Wolves seem to work best for me. I'm in the Daggerfall Covenant killing lvl 27 wolves, and they seem to be dropping leather at a decent rate. If you can find an area with a lot of wolves that spawn regularly, you should be fine. I think the key is that they have to be above the minimum level of the crafting material (you start leather armor at 26, so below that, it's only hide).
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    The tier 3 zones drop leather. Rivenspire in DC is full of it...every non-humanoid mob drops it.
    Edited by SadisticSavior on April 29, 2014 2:22PM
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, and wolfs are always an easy target...I have soloed them 10 or 15 levels above me before without a problem.