The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2022 Chapter's Villain ?

• Asuura
    Asuura
    Soul Shriven
    I have no idea what I'd want it to be. I mean, as a Casual Player, I'd be fine with anything lol.
    @AxyDraws - PC/NA

ESO Characters
    Asuura - Khajiit Dragonknight
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably going to be imperials or by some extension imperials because it appears that ZOS tends to enjoy making Imperials the bad guys in content more often than not.🤣

Although i must say, wish that wasn’t the case because Imperials are my favorite race to play as and for lore reasons they are my favorite🙁
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the plot of the new chapter is, I'm praying to god it's not another end-of-the-world threat. I'm just so bloody tired of those in every game I've ever played. Molag Bal's invasion is one thing—it's a one-off special daedric invasion of Tamriel which (in theory) won't have an equal until the Oblivion Crisis. But lately it feels like every chapter introduces another world-ending crisis and I'm just so bored with it.

I know that ZOS has to make the chapters world-ending because of marketing reasons: if it's not big and world-ending, it's not attractive enough to draw in new/returning players. But there's got to be a way to bring in new/returning players that doesn't involve yet ANOTHER global calamity on Tamriel.

Couldn't we have a chapter focused on the conflict of the 3 Alliances? I feel like I haven't heard about the Three Banners War for yeeeeaaars despite the fact that the war is meant to be one of the most important events of the time period. There's so much that could be done there with a chapter, including the Alliances actually capturing land outside of their homelands, the conflict spilling out of Cyrodiil, and much more. It just requires a little bit of creativity and putting aside the ol' reliable of "world-ending crisis".
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anumaril wrote: »
    I know that ZOS has to make the chapters world-ending because of marketing reasons: if it's not big and world-ending, it's not attractive enough to draw in new/returning players. But there's got to be a way to bring in new/returning players that doesn't involve yet ANOTHER global calamity on Tamriel.

They don't have to do it that way, but once they start, they are sort of locked into always thwarting the end of the world. They could have set up story lines that were less apocalyptic in nature, but still meaningful. Then, people would not find the end of the world in 6 gazillion places during the same year in history.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hollyniss
    Hollyniss
    ✭✭✭
    It's obviously Cadwell and Honor. They've been secretly plotting against us all this time >:)
  • Sinlar
    Sinlar
    ✭✭✭
    *Gazing out at the alien sky from a mountain top in Fargrave*

This one has to wonder just how long it will take Umaril to crawl back from the void into which Pelinal stuffed him.
    It occurs to Khajiit that an un-killable half Ayleid king with a definite grudge, could prove to be a problem.

• kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not 2022, but for some later chapter I can see Hircine as a theme (maybe not as a Villain). I mean Solstheim zone will probably be added eventually and with it most likely some kind of story revolving around Hircine and man-beasts.

I love the stories around hircine I would very much like it if they are going to use it.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    13 Dragon Priests.....
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some dark Breton Knight
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is Meridia but who knows.

Honestly, yeah. I want this. They left us on a cliff hanger after Summerset to chase dragons and Oblivion nostalgia.