The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Purge and "ball groups"

NoodleESO
NoodleESO
✭✭✭✭✭
How would you guys feel if all purge like skills became a channel instead of insta cast? If removing negative effects required standing in a stationary aoe, and lets say you could only remove one negative effect per second per player, I believe it could help tackle the issue of immortal player groups.

Cross healing and hots can only take a group so far before they have to pull back and recover, plus it would allow the enemy a chance to counter.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is not workable as it would create issues in PvE.

It is also problematic as we cannot target heals (or cleanses) in this game.
    Edited by Amottica on November 17, 2021 6:24PM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    It is not workable as it would create issues in PvE.

Yeah, the proposed change would ruin the utility of cleanses in PVE. If the behaviour of cleanses is being looked at for PVP, the solution needs to be a solution that only applies to PVP, and would have no effect on their behaviour in PVE.

ZOS has shown that they can implement different rulesets in PVP environments (such as Cyrodiil). The simpler, and more elegant solution could be a scaled down version of one of their tests last year. (That was last year right? I swear that time recently has felt like its' been melting together.)

Anyhoo, what I'm talking about is something like a % cost increase for repeated casts of Purge within 3 seconds of each other in PVP areas ONLY. Same thing as the Cyrodiil test, just scaled down to only cleansing abilities.

I'm not saying it would work (in fact, I kind of doubt that simply changing Purge would affect ball groups in the slightest since their strength is in coordination that random groups don't have, and Plaguebreaker barely scratched them). But, if ZOS were to implement a change, this is the kind that would be best. It doesn't affect healers in PVE. It doesn't shut down the ability's use for solo or small-scale players. It doesn't negatively affect class identity in any drastic ways.
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

Anyhoo, what I'm talking about is something like a % cost increase for repeated casts of Purge within 3 seconds of each other in PVP areas ONLY. Same thing as the Cyrodiil test, just scaled down to only cleansing abilities.

This could work too, one of the major issues I see is not being able to lock down anyone. Burst combos were taken away with ultimate cast times and the only thing left to use is fear and Dark convergence. Stun and snares mean nothing.

So what you have is groups that are slippery
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

This would be easy to implement as they already have the design for such a change. However larger groups could easily defeat it and ball groups probably already run multiple purges. It is the small group that gets harmed the most. Well, groups that are not well organized get harmed the most because they lack the organization to coordinate to start with. I am sure my point has been made.
    Edited by Amottica on November 18, 2021 12:41PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoodleESO wrote: »
    How would you guys feel if all purge like skills became a channel instead of insta cast? If removing negative effects required standing in a stationary aoe, and lets say you could only remove one negative effect per second per player, I believe it could help tackle the issue of immortal player groups.

Cross healing and hots can only take a group so far before they have to pull back and recover, plus it would allow the enemy a chance to counter.

Or boost the damage of abilities and sets that when cleansed does more damage. Plaguebreak for instance, if it is cleansed it does 200% of the damage or 50% if the player dies. This way if you are in a ball group cleansing negative effects it has its price. Not a perfect fix but another way to kill ball groups.

• Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think ball groups were purging anymore. They didn't really need so stopped when plaguebreak was a thing
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoodleESO wrote: »

Or boost the damage of abilities and sets that when cleansed does more damage. Plaguebreak for instance, if it is cleansed it does 200% of the damage or 50% if the player dies. This way if you are in a ball group cleansing negative effects it has its price. Not a perfect fix but another way to kill ball groups.

Yes, let's attempt to use proc sets to fix mechanics problems...because that's worked so well in the past
  • DucLIX
    DucLIX
    ✭✭✭
    "Hello, I don't know how to kill this boss, can you do something so I just have to spam light attack and the game will do it for me?"

Ballgroups don't purge anymore (most of them).
    We're not invicible.
    A chance to counter? You already have plenty of them.
    faster guys kill kill
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    ball groups dont really use purge anymore anyway since plague breaker release
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ball group vs random zerg is like NBA vs Highschool team no matter what you try to do your gonna loose.