The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Could not retrieve announcements

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
This is primarily on the PS NA server… it’s causing horrid login issues, and has been going on for nearly a week now. I’m surprised it’s not listed at all here, unless people have just generally given up hope of fixes…
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Rittings,

I've had the same "couldn't retrieve announcements" message on the NA Server for about a week, although I have found that it manages to retrieve them on the second attempt, especially if I use the option of viewing the EU Server announcements first.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm shocked no-one is talking about this. It's a nightmare logging in. Sometimes you get in second try - but I've had times when it's taken 10-15 attempts... and then when you do log in, there's a small chance of it being totally glitchy and your character is skipping and sliding.
  • Rumancek
    Rumancek
    ✭✭✭
    My SO and I are having this issue as well. Just tried to log in (PS4/NA) and it's 11:39p EST for me (SO is in California, 8:39p PST) - and getting the 'cannot retrieve announcements' and a failure to log in. Rebooted PS4, restarted the game, checked for updates on both console and the game.

It's been happening a lot during peak hours during the day, but usually fixes itself in a few moments. Not sure if the server is having issues or what, but figured I'd give as much info as possible in case this needs to go in a bug report or something.

ETA: Posted here, as well, where there was an official reply with a supposed fix (didn't work for me).
    Edited by Rumancek on November 12, 2021 4:43AM
    "I do know one thing. You need to have trust and honesty. Without trust and honesty it won't work." -Friday Night Lights
    CP: 873 | CURRENTLY: Slowly dipping my toes into PVP while helping my SO level her first few toons. (Edited 8/23/2023)
    PLAYED SINCE: PC/Mac beta, then February 7, 2014 (PC) before moving to PS4 NA from July 28, 2015 where I’ve remained.

Ibiza Aldemir | Redguard Nightblade | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (OG MAIN)
    Doe Snot | Wood Elf Necromancer | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Mortal
    Volodýmyr | Redguard Nightblade | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire (PVP MAIN)
    Mjau Aldemir | High Elf Arcanist | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (PVE MAIN ALT)
    Neekläus* | Breton Sorcerer | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire
    Ste | Imperial Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf
    Nae Jamie Fraser* | Breton Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf

*Yes, Jamie is an Outlander reference, and yes, Neekläus is a TVD/The Originals reference.
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m getting it now. Has Zos said anything about a fix yet ?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/bz3za9DMWIE

Is this still happening for anyone else?
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/bz3za9DMWIE

Is this still happening for anyone else?

Yes. Since it first started over a month ago. As others have said, it sometimes works second or third try. I find it helps to 'check internet speed' after first try fails.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the same thing, same as failed to connect to server issue.
    Deadlands has brought on so many bugs onto playstation, it's getting kind of horrid. And I'm even on console enhanced and it's this bad
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so beyond tired of having to retry 3, 5, 7+ times to get this game to connect. @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno some communication with your paying customers would be wonderful, just saying.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that this issue was not happening when the announcements were changed to the patch maintenance notice. Clearly it has something to do with whatever server is delivering the NA announcements.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this on Xbox NA alot not Xbox EU tho
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider