I only play this game for Cyrodiil, but it has turned into something I just don't care for anymore. These are things I don't like and what I would do to change them.
1. Population imbalance. You will always have it, but right now it is extremely tempting to jump ship on NA/DC for another faction because the population is horrible. This is why things are so bad, because I am sure many others already did so. It isn't fun being zerged and gated most of the day. The system right now rewards the strongest faction by making them stronger, which is just ridiculous.
Solution 1: We need improved incentives to play for the lower pop faction, something people actually care about. Give me an incentive for staying on the weak faction.
Solution 2: Provide defensive bonuses to lower pop keeps so zergs can't blow through both sets of doors in 5 minutes. Perhaps when a faction is greatly outnumbered they "summon their warlords" for help, where a raid boss type NPC spawns inside each keep...which takes me to the next issue.
2. Keeps are far too easy to take. This does not allow for any kind of strategy, it all happens way too fast especially with zergs maxing out siege.
Solution 1: Buff keeps in general, perhaps make resources more crucial to these buffs but only if you make them actual objectives with doors again.
Solution 2: Remove the ability for people to operate more than one siege at a time. 5 players should not be able to max siege, this is absurd.
3. Too many "tower humpers". Not knocking them doing what they enjoy, but this is a team map all about teamwork and strategy, they add nothing to this. Any given day the campaigns are full of these people taking resources to bait people into coming to chase them around the tower. You could say they are distracting the enemy army, but everyone who plays and is being honest knows this is not what their goal is.
Solution 1: Add some side objectives other than rss that would cater to these players' style but would also actually add to their faction's success.
Solution 2: Add doors back on towers and make them actual objectives a solo person cannot take.
4. A gazillion PvE/PvP sets creating impossible balancing act.
Solution: Remove all PvE sets from Cyrodiil, or only allow specific ones. Revamp all PvP sets to actually be fun and limit your PvP balancing to a tenth of what you have now with all sets being able to be used. This will make balancing actually manageable, whereas right now it is not. This would also keep PvP players from being forced to run PvE dungeons to get the best sets for PvP.
5. Fix or delete the hammer. The weakest faction gets it, but if they use it they will lose it 100% of the time. Before you know it 30 minutes later the map is painted the color of the strongest faction, if it wasn't already.
Solution 1: Delete it
Solution 2: Make it defensive
Solution 3: Make it buff everyone within 50m of it
6. Just redesign the entire map... which would address much of these issues. Make three distinct home areas in each corner of the "triangle" map behind walls that have to be breached. This is where the home keeps and scrolls will be, these keeps will be worth much more to all sides than anything else, but will also be the toughest to take. The entire middle of the map can be free for all keeps and outposts with supply lines as you work your way toward enemy territory. The more supply lines you hold the better siege you can buy closer to the enemy's territory. This middle area will be where most of the action will be taking place. Something like that. If you hold all the supply lines you have access to powerful food/siege vendor to help with those tough enemy home keeps. This will make getting those scrolls more like old DAOC relic raids. Relics were not easy to get, they actually took work.