Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Save On Blackwood, Base Game & More During Our Black Friday Sale!"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
2bumb3im1pb3.jpg

Official Discussion Thread for, "Save On Blackwood, Base Game & More During Our Black Friday Sale!"

You can save up to 67% on the Blackwood Chapter and more during the Black Fredas 2021 sale, now live for Xbox, PlayStation, and Stadia!

11/24/2021 Update:
We told you to keep and eye out for additional info! The wait is over! Starting today, save up to 67% on the #Blackwood Chapter for PC and Mac. These platforms join the ongoing ESO #BlackFriday sale. This will be reflected in the article shortly.

Visit your favorite platform store and begin your Tamriel adventure today!
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on November 24, 2021 3:06PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Starting Thursday, November 24 at 10AM EST, the new Black Fredas Bundle 2021 will be available in the in-game Crown Store during the Black Friday period.

This unique bundle includes the Chalkhide Kagouti mount, 10 Experience Scrolls, 10 Riding Speed Lessons, 10 Riding Capacity Lessons, 10 Fortifying Meals, 10 Soul Gems, and 50 Tri-Restoration Potions

So I have Blackwood and the last thing I need are a bunch of useless scrolls, potions, etc. I don't need or want the mount. I feel like this was an incredibly lazy offering. Very disappointing.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not PC? Also, that bundle is incredibly underwhelming, we get a mount, fine, then a bunch of stuff that we get anyway from daily login rewards, and some riding lessons that I don't need since all my characters are already maxed. But maybe it isn't available to PC players anyway...
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe most people are spending on holiday stuff at this time and so ZOS hasn’t found it the best time to have a huge sale? Anyway, precedent would have preserved you from much disappointment as this has been typical of Black Fredas sales since I started in 2019, with the addition I think of assistants also being on sale in years past. I am curious to see what the mount looks like in game, as well as the price.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 19, 2021 7:45PM
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bundle's aimed at new players pretty clearly.
    PC NA
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sale is aimed directly away from PC customers. Why is that?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey all! Just want to follow up on questions regarding PC sales. Just a friendly reminder that sales dates are not always 100% lined up across platforms. Please keep an eye on the official ESO website and social channels for details.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So there will be a 67% Blackwood Sale for PC in the near future?
    Last sale was for all platforms from September 30-October 12 (13 for Stadia).
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pc being neglected for once. Lol

The fredas bundle is a new mount each year plus the other rubbish always.

We used to get crown pack discounts and various other crown store offers back in the day.

Guess enough people will spend enough at non sale prices to not need to offer the sales discounts anymore.
  • baconoverlord
    baconoverlord
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hey all! Just want to follow up on questions regarding PC sales. Just a friendly reminder that sales dates are not always 100% lined up across platforms. Please keep an eye on the official ESO website and social channels for details.

Not lined up isn't the same as "not offered at this time".

This is the latter.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the latter.

I think what he means is that the announcement was for partners (XBox, Playstation, Steam, Stadia) not for in-house Bethesda store stuff, which has yet to be announced and may have different dates.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

This is the latter.

I think what he means is that the announcement was for partners (XBox, Playstation, Steam, Stadia) not for in-house Bethesda store stuff, which has yet to be announced and may have different dates.

Kinda thinking its a tactical delay. Pc servers crumbling under load. Delay influx of more players etc with a later sale.

Hopefully in a bid to stabilise the servers?

As a console player we are always led to believe that pc requires very little notice of anything to go live and consoles need pre validation and approval which has lead times.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ceiron wrote: »
    As a console player we are always led to believe that pc requires very little notice of anything to go live and consoles need pre validation and approval which has lead times.

Yeah, and the same goes for sales in non-Bethesda stores, which are probably things they negotiate well in advance. I seem to remember one time when one of the Sony divisions decided not to do the sale at the same time as everyone else, for whatever reason.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically Black Friday isnt till November 26th so my guess is there will be a PC release later this week seeing they can announce that and its live instantly...

....hoping for Crown sales, I got money to burn! :D
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    ceiron wrote: »

Yeah, and the same goes for sales in non-Bethesda stores, which are probably things they negotiate well in advance. I seem to remember one time when one of the Sony divisions decided not to do the sale at the same time as everyone else, for whatever reason.

Probably summerset ish. Was that the big eso buggy mess on ps4? Sony did add longer validations after that i think.

So eso prolly asks all platforms at the sane time. Just sony took longer to reply in essence.

As ssid below black friday not here yet so if pc can drop a sale closer they may well do so.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There was no confusion about the dates for PC players, there was a confusion if we were included at all since there is mention of every platform except PC in the article.
  • haploeb14_ESO
    haploeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Starting Thursday, November 24 at 10AM EST, the new Black Fredas Bundle 2021 will be available in the in-game Crown Store during the Black Friday period.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'm sorry. What am I missing here. Is it starting on November 24, which is Wednesday, Or Thursday the 25th? Or am I in a different dimension?

Edited by haploeb14_ESO on November 24, 2021 12:10PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I'm sorry. What am I missing here. Is it starting on November 24, which is Wednesday, Or Thursday the 25th? Or am I in a different dimension?

You are right, that is an error. It should say Wednesday, Nov. 24. We will update shortly. Thanks for catching that!
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on November 24, 2021 2:51PM
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    There was no confusion about the dates for PC players, there was a confusion if we were included at all since there is mention of every platform except PC in the article.

Just wanted to update that PC/Mac sales are now added. PC was included, the date was just different, hence the later announcement.
    Staff Post
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice. But you may want to put it in the launcher and the original article. Or better yet, set up a new one. Can only see it in the store.

Can also someone explain to me why it wasn't stated in the article from the very start that the PC sale is from date X to date Y? Would have prevented some angry costumers.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Chilly-McFreeze We'll check on the launcher, but the article should be updated now.

As for what it wasn't stated earlier, there are some specific rules and regulations regarding timing that can impact when sales can be shown and talked about. That's about the best answer we can give. The point isn't to have anyone angry. There is just a process that needs to be followed.
    Staff Post
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance for crown sales on friday?