Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Trivium Teams Up w/ESO For A Heavy Metal Promotion"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
vzgv4nd1qze3.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article, "Trivium Teams Up w/ESO For A Heavy Metal Promotion"

Win an amazing Dagon-themed guitar and learn about a new upcoming ESO-inspired track from heavy metal band Trivium!
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on September 1, 2021 3:31PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome!!! There’s nothing like turning the game volume off and cranking up some Trivium while playing pvp 🤘
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Avatar
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks more like it was stolen from a GWAR's truck, but not bad ngl.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /playmetallute
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Trevore
    Trevore
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of guitar is it? Is it a bass guitar, an electric guitar, or is it maybe both???

The possibilities are endless of what kind of music could be played from such a powerful artifact!
    Gamertag: MagicalTringusXbox One | NA|Trevore Lombardi [DC ] - Imperial Dragonknight [PvP/PvE Tank]]Samuel Elias Xarxes [DC] - Altmer Sorcerer [Magicka DPS]Solaris Carona [DC] - Breton Templar [Magicka DPS]Alice Barbie Angel [DC] - Breton Necromancer [Magicka DPS]Trevore Nightshade [DC] - Imperial Nightblade [Stamina PvP DPS]Nemo Tigerclaw [DC] - Khajit Nightblade [Stamina PvE DPS]Thomas Ganks [DC] - Dunmer Nightblade [Magicka PvP DPS]Volga Valkyn Skoria [DC] - Dunmer Dragonknight [Stamina PvP DPS]
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These promotions come in waves but this is awesome.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm posting here because this news announcement doesn't seem to have its own thread.

Can we get clarification on the submission guidelines for https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/61229 ?

The Official Rules refer to "Judging Criteria" here:

4. HOW TO WIN;

The Judges will evaluate the Entries based on creativity, quality, adherence to the contest rules, and overall interpretation of the contest theme (the “Judging Criteria”) and the Judges selections shall be final.

However, I haven't been able to find any clear information on these guidelines anywhere other than this:

To participate, you must craft a heavy metal-themed ESO/Gates of Oblivion poster that includes a screenshot element from the game itself. The screenshot element can be as large or small a part of your design as you like, but it must be included in some way (for example, it could be part of the background, a paint-over, or cut outs).

Entries will be judged by the teams at ZeniMax Online Studios, Bethesda Softworks, and heavy metal band Trivium with emphasis on creativity, quality, adherence to the contest rules, and interpretation of the contest theme.

Are those the only guidelines we need to follow?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks, @Kiyakotari. We'll get something up for this now. Thought we posted it, but missed it. Other than submitting through this link, those are the only guidelines.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I really enjoyed Trivium’s “The Phalanx” song and video! My favorite metal songs have a combination of hard and melodic and feel epic! I wonder whether Matt Heafy would consider doing a cover of “The Burning of Senchal”? :love: So many beautiful songs in ESO but that one gave me chills first time I heard it. I’d looove to hear a metal version if the band were so inspired. :heart:
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trevore wrote: »
    What kind of guitar is it? Is it a bass guitar, an electric guitar, or is it maybe both???

@Trevore it is a 6 string(top neck) and 7 string(bottom neck) electric guitar.
    Edited by Nord_Raseri on November 29, 2021 7:47PM
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • greedshield_ESO
    greedshield_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So they can make a guitar in real life, but where are my musical instrument furniture items!!! I want the harps, the lutes, and the various other exotic instruments in game so I can put them in my house. We been asking for this from the start!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is curious.

How do you play both of the guitar bits at the same time if you do not have many arms? Or a very long and dexterous tail should you be khajiit.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/